4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

BY LAW: Parking Lights MUST be amber. HOW COME??

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2004, 02:34 AM

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but if I had to settle for ambers instead of ricers to be with Jenna Jameson, I think I could live with that. I might have to think about it for a while. Okay. Done thinking.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:30 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

I think I have the only Max on the ORG with all stock rear/corner lighting. Personally I think red tails should be illegal (as they are in other countries) because it's just a poor design that creates confusion. Front turn signals should also be amber (emit amber light...lens color doesn't matter). I know I'm in the overwhemling minority saying that on here though.
Old 06-07-2004, 04:41 AM

i hate to get in the middle of your arguement, but to answer the man's question why is because any thing that flashes white blue or red in the front of a car symbolzes a cop car. Same for Blue and white FLASHING lights in the rear or blue or green as reverse lights. Hope this helps. ( I know because i train with the Police)

Old 06-07-2004, 06:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I like the hyper whites when there in the car. They really do help a great deal. As for the exterior.... i used to like them and yea they can be ricy but to each their own. Personally i like amber. Not only do cops leave you alone but to me they just look better. I think the only thing that would be an exeption would be reverse lights in hyper white. I mean it would be nice to be able to see more then the stock ones.
Granted there is a little rice in everyone, in one way or another even though one may not want to admit it. The way i see it is that if you dont like something give your opinion. If the other likes something else then so be it.... after all its not your car.
Granted everything has a point... but somethings are just confusing to me, like hondas etc with 4 foot double deck poilers that kinda look like bookshelfs... whats up with that??
Old 06-07-2004, 07:59 AM

Ambers look good. Hyperwhite looks rice!
While we are talking about stuff that is old....the language that says "shiz nit" is way old. I mean, stop using it. It was stupid in the first place.

True, that is not even Ludacris' car. He doesn't have stock corners in front.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:51 AM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by endus
I think I have the only Max on the ORG with all stock rear/corner lighting. Personally I think red tails should be illegal (as they are in other countries) because it's just a poor design that creates confusion. Front turn signals should also be amber (emit amber light...lens color doesn't matter). I know I'm in the overwhemling minority saying that on here though.
Endus: You aren't the only one who has all-stock front/rear corner lighting .. although I do have clear corners up front waiting to be installed

To conclude in this whole arguement about amber/white lights, I say ppl should put whatever lights they want to on thier own car. If ppl want to go for the "rice" look and make thier car all riced out, so be it, if ppl still want to have clear corners w/ the amber bulbs, more power to you. But everyone here on the .org has thier own diff. choices on what mods (cosmetic, performance, etc..) they want put on thier max, and everyone else has thier own opinion on whose car has what, that's thier opinion, and it's nice to see what ppl. on here have done to thier cars, but are you driving thier car? NO! we don't need anymore stupid-a$$ flaming posts on here about what's ricey and what isn't ... enuff said
Old 06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Nick7455
The only reason why I don't like DC with amber bulbs is cause you can see the bulb color in the reflection in the day time and it really ruins the look....other then that at night they are pimp....Im split -_-
check these out http://www.cardomain.com/sku/APC504121B
Old 06-07-2004, 09:00 AM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by enjetek
p.s. since when did you two become a couple? lol

http://images.cardomain.com/member_i...53_26_full.jpg

no wonder you guys are sticking up for each other lol lol lol

-myke
Haha dip****. I know you're just trying to show me up but it's not working for you. That's not my car, idiot. If you'd have noticed that I have a 96 and sawblades you'd take that picture down right away. Like arguing with a brain dead monkey.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Wht98SE
To conclude in this whole arguement about amber/white lights, I say ppl should put whatever lights they want to on thier own car. If ppl want to go for the "rice" look and make thier car all riced out, so be it, if ppl still want to have clear corners w/ the amber bulbs, more power to you. But everyone here on the .org has thier own diff. choices on what mods (cosmetic, performance, etc..) they want put on thier max, and everyone else has thier own opinion on whose car has what, that's thier opinion, and it's nice to see what ppl. on here have done to thier cars, but are you driving thier car? NO! we don't need anymore stupid-a$$ flaming posts on here about what's ricey and what isn't ... enuff said
Old 06-07-2004, 11:44 AM

Personally I think red tails should be illegal (as they are in other countries) because it's just a poor design that creates confusion. Front turn signals should also be amber (emit amber light...lens color doesn't matter). I know I'm in the overwhemling minority saying that on here though.
+100..........not just +1

I think I have the only Max on the ORG with all stock rear/corner lighting.
Nope, I have the same stock tails. I like them.
I just replaced the front lenses because they were orange and didn't even match the other reflectors. If all the reflectors would have been the same color on the car when I got it, I might not have even changed the front ones. The light that is emitted from my fronts(yellow/amber) now matches the rear stockies.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:09 PM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

I was pulled over by a cop here in San Antonio once who told me the front can be white or amber and the rear red or amber. I have got white in my front signals cause I want that whole flush color of black and white other than the red for the tails. If you think having white bulbs in the clear corner is rice and would rather have amber why not save your money and keep your factory amber lenses in?

Edit: It has been so long since I had looked at my stock corners but when I had them in they did not seem to different from the tails, but then again, I never took that much notice to them anyway.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:30 PM

I just said this one post ago........
........the stock lenses on the front of the 4th gens are not amber, they are orange! They don't match rear. For more reference....see post #50
Old 06-07-2004, 12:33 PM

Funny.... In the US it's the law having amber parking lights and illegal with white ones... In most of Europe it's the law having white parking lights and illegal with amber ones...
Like my I30 has built-in parking lights in the headlights.
Oh... and someone said in Germany people had all kinds of colours... well if they do, it's illegal! German TÜV (DOT) specifically states that front headlights should emit white or yellow light, while parking lights should emit white light only.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Turbo1er
I was pulled over by a cop here in San Antonio once who told me the front can be white or amber and the rear red or amber. I have got white in my front signals cause I want that whole flush color of black and white other than the red for the tails. If you think having white bulbs in the clear corner is rice and would rather have amber why not save your money and keep your factory amber lenses in?
Cuz the factory lenses suck. Using the amber bulbs and clear lenses give a different from stock appearance. But using the amber bulbs/clear lenses avoids you from being pulled over. Using blue bulbs/clear lense will get you a definite ticket from the cops here. Remember people it's the light emitted (BLUE) that will get you pulled over. Not the type of color of lense that you have.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:53 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by Ludacris
sigh here we go again..

1. I think hyperwhites are rice...if you dont agree, then whatever...

2. I messed with my bumperlight setup bc I got into an accident and cracked one of my clear corner lenses...im sorry if you dont approve.

3. THe only person who ive ever had trouble with was BOSS. The org already knows his record...I mean hes been banned before for consistently flaming MANY others and talking out of his a ss. Hes followed me into threads only to post a flame toward me that was completely off topic and leave...that shows the maturity of ppl that "talk about me" and who youre bandwagon hating with.

It's more like this:

1) IMO, amber looks good, and hyperwhites are rice.

2) You argue with just about everyone, you argue more than anyone else on the org - now that's one indisputable fact

2) Banned for consistently flaming many others? I've never been banned for flaming anyone, as you put it. That shows how little you know, because have I done that, I would've been banned permanently long ago. But WTF? Look at you - this thread is a perfect example. You are ridiculous. You try to insult me, yet you have no basis for doing so. Just for the record, I've been banned ONLY once, and that wasn't for arguing with imbeciles like you. I've been banned because I went to the "buy/for sale" forum and told someone that their car was worth less than what they were asking. That was long ago and I didn't know at the time that we get banned for something like that so I laid off.

Old 06-08-2004, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by BOSS
It's more like this:

1) IMO, amber looks good, and hyperwhites are rice.
Ok I said the same thing, what the hell is the difference? Because I didnt put "IMO" its all of a sudden an offensive comment?

2) You argue with just about everyone, you argue more than anyone else on the org - now that's one indisputable fact
i HATE people who talk out of their a$$ but act like they know what they're talking about, so YES I ARGUE A LOT WITH YOU. Just bc Im always arguing with you doesnt mean I argue with everyone.

I've owned my friends and even my gf so many times and they've admitted to messing up. I've gotten owned by my friends and ive admitted to messing up. You on the other hand never admit it, you just leave the thread bc you have nothing left to say and were proven wrong and flame me in another thread for no reason and talk about how you proved me wrong...uh right.

But if you think me posting my opinion on hyperwhites being rice is an example of me arguing then EVERYONE argues with everyone bc we all post our OPINIONS.

2) Banned for consistently flaming many others? I've never been banned for flaming anyone, as you put it. That shows how little you know, because have I done that, I would've been banned permanently long ago. But WTF? Look at you - this thread is a perfect example. You are ridiculous. You try to insult me, yet you have no basis for doing so. Just for the record, I've been banned ONLY once, and that wasn't for arguing with imbeciles like you. I've been banned because I went to the "buy/for sale" forum and told someone that their car was worth less than what they were asking. That was long ago and I didn't know at the time that we get banned for something like that so I laid off.
YOU GOT BANNED FOR 2 MONTHS JUST BC U SAID SOMEONES CAR WAS WORTH LESS THAN THEY WANTED???

I bet anything you insulted/flamed someone real bad...which is typical of you.

People get plenty of warnings before they get permanently banned for flaming...doggy is an example, he got banned for ONE WEEK for flaming. You got banned for 2 MONTHS

But WTF? Look at you - this thread is a perfect example. You are ridiculous. You try to insult me, yet you have no basis for doing so.
WHERE DID I INSULT YOU? As usual I posted FACTS, you follow me into threads and flame me, you pull facts out of your a$$ (like all american cars are cr*p or that japanese supercars like the supra is made in japan because it's "great", not because it is more economically reasonable for Toyota as I said it was). I also called you immature, is that an insult? Because you have said MUCH worse things to many ppl on the org. You call people morons for thinking they can go 450 miles on a full tank of gas when the EPA says you can go 450 miles and several people have done it before.

Even then you're still right and everyone, including the ppl who have gone 450 miles on a full tank are complete idiots.

I dont even know why you try...
Old 06-08-2004, 02:03 AM

btw BOSS...thanks for leaving me "bad reputation points" you're awesome!

I've had you on ignore for too long, been missing out on your funny posts
Old 06-08-2004, 12:54 PM

ha ha....
.........oh, the tension...ha ha...
Old 06-08-2004, 01:54 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

oh, the agony

ENOUGH ALREADY!! Nobody's gonna win this argument, give it a rest!!
Old 06-08-2004, 02:21 PM

Ya'll STFU...IBTL