4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

POS Momo shift knob Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 09:51 PM

POS Momo shift **** Help

Guys i spent 80 bux on this momo shift ****. THis **** is falling apart. Whe i shift hard the **** comes lose and i gotta take an allen wrench and screw it down. And the momo sticker comes off.. WTF! Should i send it back and have them give me a new one?? I bought it off of ebay. But momo should stand behind there products...
Old 06-14-2004, 09:56 PM

all universal set screw ***** are like that. you should find one that screws on using the factory threads. Best bet right now is to loc-tite the set screws
Old 06-15-2004, 04:54 AM
An atavistic endeavor...

I have a Momo shift **** (with set screws holding it in) and it has never come loose once. I tend to wonder about the authenticity of it if it came from ebay...mine has been nothing but a joy to own.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by image
Guys i spent 80 bux on this momo shift ****. THis **** is falling apart. Whe i shift hard the **** comes lose and i gotta take an allen wrench and screw it down. And the momo sticker comes off.. WTF! Should i send it back and have them give me a new one?? I bought it off of ebay. But momo should stand behind there products...
I do not doubt the authenticity of it. I had the same problem with my MOMO when mated with a STS. It kept sliding off the shifter. What I did was remove the set screws and position the **** where you want it to stay. Next mark where the holes are with a marker/pencil. Remove the **** and you will have three marks on the shifter. Get a drill bit as close to the set screw size but a little bigger. Drill deep enough into the shifter so that the set screws will be seated in the shifter which will give them something to grab when you're going thru the gears. Mine has not come off since performing this on the shifter.

NOTE- Put down towels around the console/shifter area to prevent shavings from making a mess. Hope this helps.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:45 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

Originally Posted by amb4081
I do not doubt the authenticity of it. I had the same problem with my MOMO when mated with a STS. It kept sliding off the shifter. What I did was remove the set screws and position the **** where you want it to stay. Next mark where the holes are with a marker/pencil. Remove the **** and you will have three marks on the shifter. Get a drill bit as close to the set screw size but a little bigger. Drill deep enough into the shifter so that the set screws will be seated in the shifter which will give them something to grab when you're going thru the gears. Mine has not come off since performing this on the shifter.

NOTE- Put down towels around the console/shifter area to prevent shavings from making a mess. Hope this helps.
did this wiht my ractive ****, and will agree, this works very well.