4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

people who have done led window controls and dash lights...check in please

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Custom User Title...

people who have done led window controls and dash lights...check in please

one of my bulbs is out in my dash, not a big deal cuz it's a corner one in the manual climate control ****, but i want to redo them all and go in on it with a buddy to save $$. i'm planning on getting them from that guy on ebay so it shouldn't be too costly.

anyways, do you regret the color(s) you chose or wish you did them different?

i have blue led's behind my gauges and one in my auto shifter light, red door courtesy lights (the ones that turn on when you open the door) and a hyper white dome light. i'm thinking of either matching the blue gauges and shifter light with blue everything else, but also thinking of just doing white because it's cleaner and slightly more classy.

i want to do the window and door lock leds and the climate control ones either white or blue. anyone who has actually done it have any good advice? i don't want opinions from people who haven't done it really because i only want to hear from someone with personal experience doing the mod and having to deal with it. i tend do do mods and regret the choices i made in them and usually change them later.

that's that for now, hopefully that makes sense...long day of work...

thanks!
Old 06-21-2004, 09:24 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you donate right so I'm guessing you can utilize the search function. Anyways, I used white and I think it's better than blue or any other color because it's brighter and looks more stock. I helped a friend do it and he chose blue and I personally thought it was a bit dim to me. I just prefer white over everything blue.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:40 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Only thing I dont like with my blue leds is that on the manual climate control the color is bright in some places and fades off in other places. But I plan to add a few extra leds to see if I can solve this problem. I did blue.
Old 06-22-2004, 02:55 AM

I did mine in blue first, I liked them at the beginning, but as time passed, it started to look a bit ricey, so I changed them to white, and it looks a lot better. I then decided to do my digital climate control, I have to redo it because I used to small of LEDs, its not bright rnough, and the white looks like it has a little hint of blue in it. I have blue LEDs in my gauges but I will soon put in white ones, the car looks mroe classy in my opinion
Old 06-22-2004, 04:47 AM
Hooooooonda.....

I did mine in red using 5mm LEDs. The climate control ons are the dimmest only because I followed the directions from the write up. It says to sand the entire LED to scatter the light, BS, it just makes it dimmer. Also for some reason I didn't use any resistors and it still works after 6 months. PIC BELOW.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:33 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

do your vw style. red with blue gauges it weould looks awsome!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:49 AM

I am changing my gauge needles to green to match the clock and climate control, and changing the windows to white to match the gauges. I was going to change the needles to blue, but I want things to match. I'd stick with one or two colors.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:12 AM

I'm going to make everything blue and make the clock, ACC, and hopefully the stereo white. It won't look that bad. All of my friends who have been in my car love the blue window switches. I told them I did it myself and they're like wow!