4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.
View Poll Results: Do you trust your siblings w/ your Max?
Yes, blood is thicker than water
26.97%
No, not in a million years
44.94%
Maybe
28.09%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Do you trust your siblings w/ your max?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Maxima.Org Bishes

NO.... Don't do it. I let my mother drive my max and almost everytime it came back with a ding or a dent NEVER AGAIN don't get me wrong i love my mom But when it comes down to gettin my max back to shape its comin out my pocket to fix it. Unless you sister has her own insurance so if something does happen your insurance want go UP.
Old 07-05-2004, 08:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

moms the most careful driver i know so no problems there. i let close friends who know how to handle a powerful car responsibly (one had a SC cobra and an 10 sec IROC.. more than enough qualifications) drive the max. thats pretty much it. if a girl drives my car i'll be "driving" her for a while
Old 07-05-2004, 01:15 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

Originally Posted by mrnock
moms the most careful driver i know so no problems there. i let close friends who know how to handle a powerful car responsibly (one had a SC cobra and an 10 sec IROC.. more than enough qualifications) drive the max. thats pretty much it. if a girl drives my car i'll be "driving" her for a while
my mom is also a careful driver, that's why I let her drive the Max. I will not let any of my friends drive my Max b/c they're just as reckless as my sister. I used to have an Altima and a while back I knew this girl since at least middle school and wanted to hook w/ her so bad, we hung out for a few times in '99, but we never dated, and she asked if she could drive the Altima and I let her, and she didn't rag on it. I see this girl here and there but when I do run into her, she still wants to hook me up w/ her younger sister whose 4 yrs younger than me, I'm 24, she just turned 21 a few months ago. She looks almost exactly like my friend. Today depending on which girl I know or date, she's not driving my Max unless I can really trust her or at least watch how she drives.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:29 PM
THT
Throbbing member

No way would I let my sister drive my Max...I've seen her drive and she's got a two-ton foot. She'd either put the car into an embankment or into the ground. I guarantee that the tach would hit 6K everytime she hit the gas.

~THT
Old 07-05-2004, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by THT
No way would I let my sister drive my Max...I've seen her drive and she's got a two-ton foot. She'd either put the car into an embankment or into the ground. I guarantee that the tach would hit 6K everytime she hit the gas.

~THT
THT: That's where her 330Ci is revved at all the time, 6K, and its a big joke to her, and she'll reach triple-digit speeds at times .. the highest my Max will ever see is 5K, but w/ me driving on an open road, my rpms for daily driving usually range from 3K to 4K
Old 07-05-2004, 05:44 PM

My older sister is actually afraid to drive my car. She doesn't like how much power it has! But of course she drives a honda accord with about 130hp... so I could see why. But in some rare chance she needs to borrow it I don't mind. She seems to be a good driver and if she ever did hit anything.. she would pay dearly for it haha!
Old 07-06-2004, 09:02 AM

i wouldn't let my sister drive my car, because she's 14 and maybe never.
Old 07-06-2004, 12:07 PM

I would let my brothers drive my max if I had to, but I don't let them if not.
It is not that I don't trust them, I just don't let anyone drive my car.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:01 PM

Let my brother drive it twice while he's on his permit. let my neighboor drive it all the time because he is an extremely good performance driver. Other than that, no no no no i do not trust ANYONE to drive my car.
Old 07-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Banned

When I still lived at home, I would let my sister drive my max once in a blue moon, and only on short trips to the store or stuff like that. My fiance refers to it as "our" car. Everytime she leaves in it, I break out in cold sweats and wait for the phone call.
Old 07-07-2004, 07:45 AM

ha ha ha....that is hilarious!

Some of these stories on here crack me up.
I mean, you would think we have common blood with these cars or something. ha ha
Old 07-07-2004, 06:22 PM

I guess many of us take a lot of pride and joy in our Max's that we don't wanna see our Max's in the wrong hands
Old 07-08-2004, 05:54 PM

My car is a 5 speed. No one in my house knows how to drive one other than myself so I don't have to worry about that..

Only person I may let drive it is my girlfriend, only because she's buying a manual car soon and should probably know how to drive one before she gets it. I'm so nice. haha
Old 07-09-2004, 02:25 AM

Maybe I'm a jerky person, but nobody, and then I mean NOBODY drive's my maxima besides me. Not my girl, not my parents, not my sister and not my brothers. If they want to drive they can take their own vehicle, and if they don't have one they can ask the car rom my dad or mother. But nobody messes with my max.

Immagen that somebody else crashed your maxima, and it was that persons fault... Then your so ****ed, and they don't have to do it on perpos, it could be an accident while they drive verry responsible, however, that wont take away the fact that you max is dead and your left without a car. Not to forget all the work you have put in your maxima.
Old 07-09-2004, 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by nearthisbridge
My car is a 5 speed. No one in my house knows how to drive one other than myself so I don't have to worry about that..

Only person I may let drive it is my girlfriend, only because she's buying a manual car soon and should probably know how to drive one before she gets it. I'm so nice. haha
I feel ya there, man. I let my girl drive it because she wanted to know how to drive a stick. Surprisingly, she never killed it once! She has never driven a stick before that night and she never killed it once! I am still in amazement! However, let me just say that I have always thought my clutch was a pretty forgiving one. A great feat for the female gender in any regard. ha ha
Old 07-09-2004, 08:31 AM

My Sister asked to use car this morning, I laughed and conversation was over. I guess it all depends on how responsible you think the other person is, and if you trust them. I personally don't think i could trust her with my baby(Gle).
Old 07-09-2004, 08:36 AM

My sister is the most irresponsible driver, not to mention reckless. I forgot to mention last week she hit a curb on her 330Ci and caused some serious wheel/tire damage since she has a 17" rim and a low profile tire
Old 07-09-2004, 10:11 AM

yeah, there is no way anyone who drove like that would be getting near my car.
The gf I let drive my car has a nice car too. G35Coupe with 19" wheel package. I guess I did it so that I might be able to drive hers sometime too. he he
Old 07-09-2004, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Wht98SE
thing is, I spent enough $$ on a tune-up, BG fuel induction service, belts and a replacement power antenna mast, and switching over to 93 premuim. Since my older brother had the car before, which he was the original owner, but also negligent overall, esp. w/ using 89 octane in a car that calls for premium, I had to undo his neglect. So far I have it back to almost like-new. And w/ my oldest sister wanting to drive the Max, esp w/ the way I mentioned in my 1st post on how she drives, I feel that all those efforts, + the $$ I spent will be wasted and i'll hate myself for ever letting her borrow the Max. Also, like my brother, she'll use 89, but she's worse, she'll use 87 sometimes, even in a BMW, and her 330Ci calls for premium.
i lent my car to my brother because his son wanted to go to the prom in it. he totally respects the max and knows the damage that can be done if your not careful with it (treating it like a baby), and he knows thats how i want it treated. now im s/c and nitrous so its hard to give those keys up for somebody to tear your **** up, but if she respects your ride and knows the rules then go for it and if not, hell no!
Old 07-11-2004, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by C MAX
if she respects your ride and knows the rules then go for it and if not, hell no!
she doesn't even have respect for her own car
Old 07-11-2004, 10:09 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

hell no......my bro thinks he know everything so he doesnt listen to a thing i tell him. when i tell him go slowly over speedbumps because it will scrape because i am lowered. he wont do it. and to come out the driveway one wheel at a time or it will scrape. and he still doesnt listen.

i remember once i let him use my car to go to work because his was in the shop. i was in the garage watching him back out and he came straight out and i heard this huge scrape and when he came back home i saw a dent in my muffler.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:27 AM
5th Gen till she dies!

i let my bro dirve my car all the time. now my dad i do not let because he thinks he just slam into **** without brakeing anything. now that is it dropped he does not want to drive it anyways
Old 07-21-2004, 09:28 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hmmm.... I would say yes, because my younger bro once helped me out by lending me his '92 se while he was away in the Air Force. However I want to say no also, case in point, my older brother let his new gf drive across the street to the cleaners to get his dry cleaning and she pulled out infront of speeding traffic the stupid b$&%U and in the blink of an eye, maxima went bye bye. She wasn't even covered on his insurance. So he had to file it and they cancelled him afterwards.

I guess it just depends on WHO you are loaning it to.
Old 07-21-2004, 10:35 AM

update II: I was gonna post this last week, but the .org crashed for a while, last week she sold her '01 BMW 330Ci, and, thankfully has borrowed my mom's '95 Chevy Blazer until her new BMW comes next month, so I feel bad for my Mom b/c her Blazer is being ragged on, thankfully my Mom is driving the Max and is a careful driver, I am driving my '04 GC which is also mine, besides the Max, for the time being
Old 07-22-2004, 10:49 AM
THT
Throbbing member

Good to hear your Max is safe. Now you just have to keep her from running into your Max...

~THT