4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Tints/Intake

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 06:46 AM

Tints/Intake

Puttin some money into my car finally, I got my max last summer with 60000 miles on it, even though its just a 95, its my first "real car" . But umm I wanna get tints, so I wanted to know what the law allows you to have. I want the darkest I can get...without gettin pulled over and what does it mean when someone says 40%....40% dark or 40% gets in???

Also what kind of intake should I get, I was lookin to spend about 200 max...on the intake so if you could tell me what kind I should get and what the difference b/w the cold and hot air ones are, that would help....

Let me know thx!
Old 07-05-2004, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by djill
Puttin some money into my car finally, I got my max last summer with 60000 miles on it, even though its just a 95, its my first "real car" . But umm I wanna get tints, so I wanted to know what the law allows you to have. I want the darkest I can get...without gettin pulled over and what does it mean when someone says 40%....40% dark or 40% gets in???

Also what kind of intake should I get, I was lookin to spend about 200 max...on the intake so if you could tell me what kind I should get and what the difference b/w the cold and hot air ones are, that would help....

Let me know thx!
here are some websites that can help you in finding the tintage allowed in your state because they do vary from state to state. i dont know if its current but most tint shops you go to will know the law and current legal %.

40% means 40% gets in. the following website explains everything about tint.

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

http://www.tintdude.com/ptow.html#Pennsylvania
Old 07-05-2004, 07:14 AM

an intake is an intake... they all draw air from the outside. the different styles will determine how hot or cold the air is.

injen style, like mine on my "www" will draw air from the radiator.

the PR style like araffio, will draw air from the fender.

some say that you should just stay stock, but if you want an aftermarket intake, go to ebaymotors.com and search for "maxima intake" and you will find some for like 30-60 bucks with shipping...

if you get one from ebay, it is "recommended" by some that you should replace your filter, but to me, it is not that important. the one i got looks like its good quality so im gonna stay with it.

hope it helps