4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How much do you love your maxima?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 05:52 PM

How much do you love your maxima?

Let me tell you my story, Just today my brother (who use to own the maxima I have now) Bought a new Acura TL, Silver with all options. Great lovely car. I was curious and asked the dealer how much would he want my maxima for, he said I wont tell you because it would inslut you.. "Dont forget its almost a 10 year old car with almost 100k miles" I just looked at him and told him well I dont care I would still take my maxima any day over some Acuras. And Dammit I mean it! I asked nissan ramsey dealership how much and he said "Listen man, with all the stuff on your car everyone will think its been abused, the most we will give you is 2,500" This maxima has been in my family for about 4 years. Me and my brother worked on it. I love the fact I get stopped by other maximas and they just give me props about it. Even to the point where I had 3 owners Give me a thumbs up while driving. Thats RESPECT! Picking up some parts from East coast nissan today I had this maxima owner with clear cornors and the same grill as me Tell my buddy "I love what your friend did to his maxima" "Thats sick!" No matter how old she gets or what year she is, it will always be the best car to me and I can careless about what the dealers say about my baby! How do you all feel about owning a 10 year old maxima? Do you all feel the same way? Please tell me your stories.
Old 08-24-2004, 05:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I love my maxima so much that I wouldn't ask a dealer what they'd give me for it. I hope she didn't hear you.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:04 PM

anyone else?
Old 08-24-2004, 06:05 PM
Old Maxima Legend

well, i wonder if other maxima enthusiast love their max as much as i love mine. i wont even begin to cover everything. but i guess this sums it up. i drove to houston tx, from mississippi this past monday. im moving to another country and im not leaving without my max !

this is love

die hard maxima maniac
Old 08-24-2004, 06:08 PM
Rollin' on 'Caps

I got my max at the beginning of this summer, and I can't get enough of it.

By the way, where did you get that grill?? It's frickin sweet!
Old 08-24-2004, 06:11 PM

i love my maxima too, its like washed 3 times a week!. I make sure it only uses and gets the best. 94 octane ONLY!. The leather seats are cleaned constanly. The engine bay even gets vaccumed for any dust!. My maxima loves me. Shes worth a lot more than those DEALER****s said. I even listen to the engine to make sure she sounds nice and not making any noise that im not aware about. People even stand next to it and tell me how quite my car is!. But I know how you feel.
Old 08-24-2004, 06:14 PM

The maxima is the best car ever made.. Dont let anyone tell you different.. I woudl not trade it for anything on the road today.. People may laugh at you but they are the ones being the idiots.. Turn up the music, drive, and enjoy..
Old 08-24-2004, 06:34 PM

yea im SMX's Buddy i went wit him to the dealership and this guy had a green max wit clear corner and everything and he goes i like what he did to it alot it sounds sick he goes but my maxima days are over he sed it wasnt fast enuff for him and he had recently purchased a m3 but he wasnt gettin rid of the max he was going to give it to his wife.. so ig uess that guy still loved his max to no part with it and keep it in his family
Old 08-24-2004, 07:17 PM

LOL yeah too bad I have a better one . God I love my maxima with passion.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:15 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Well, i said to myself that I stop modding and spending countless nights making LED tails, corners and other custom stuff. Hell, I love it so much that I dropped over one grand last week in having it repainted.

My mom keeps telling me all the time to think about priorities in my life... well, it IS one!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:23 PM

I love my max so much that I always take the long way to work, or I make up lame excuses to go drive somewhere...like buy a toothbrush at walmart.
Old 08-24-2004, 09:35 PM

I love mine so much that when I first drove her to school and left her in that big parking lot for 7-hours, I began feeling like a mother who was away from her baby for the first time. I couldn't think about anything else but my Maxima that day and she just refuses to lose her novelty to this day...

BTW I'll be a senior in HS in a week and ya know what my biggest anxiety is? Leaving my Max in that parking lot for 7-hours five times a week. I've been working the whole summer but I can always see her out the window anytime I want and the parking lot is one of the safest around, but whoa damn I really cringe when I think about a school parking lot full of novice and/or uncoordinated drivers, ESPECIALLY around my Maxima!
Old 08-24-2004, 09:53 PM
Give me a Bud Light Holmes

i though this was another i stuck my wee wee in my tail pipe thread

i love my maxima
Old 08-24-2004, 10:19 PM

i love my maxima too. i dont think im ever going to sell it. its worth nothing to sell it right now anyways.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:21 PM
BOSS

I'm beginning to get sick of threads like this. I don't mean to bash anybody, but come on a thread with a title "how much do u LOVE your Maxima"? WTF?

I understand that many here are hard core car enthusiasts. I also understand how many individuals very much like their car (Maxima) as opposed to other cars, but I think some people are stuck in the stone age here.

I have a 99 SE-L 5-spd and yes it's a great car, fast for a 4-dr, good looking, etc. etc., but hey in the end it's a grocery sedan and just another Maxima. LOL, I'm kidding - I actually like sedans.

I realize that for one person owning even a 95 (10 year old) Maxima is like for another someone owning a Lamborghini Murcielago. We're not all rich and that's why we drive Maximas because it's a very good car FOR THE MONEY.

It is quite obvious that with a little better income (ok, so maybe with A LOT better income) most of us would not even look at a Maxima. Instead, we’d be driving M5's, E55's, etc.

My point? I like my car (I don't love it - don't be ridiculous! ) but I also know that even my 99 is soon to be 6 years old. I'm done modding, not because I don't like it, but I'm slowly starting to think about my next car and the future. I guess anyone in my situation, with an improved income, would also stop modding because let's face it, what's the point of wasting money when in a year or so I plan to purchase another vehicle - I didn't say what vehicle so don't bash me just yet

Ok, now I'll say it - I plan on purchasing an E46 M3. I gotta have 6-spd manual, either 02 or 03. Those cars are unbelievable because they get over 100 hp/liter, are NA, and quite reliable for that kind of performance. Now I know many will bash the M3 because it's known to be "too expensive" or "over rated" etc., but I love that fact that it's very good looking, fast, and after all, a BIMMER!

Until then, I must live in my Maxima by the river - not that it's a bad thing at all.

Old 08-24-2004, 10:48 PM

Boss quit being a *****.

I love my max enough to baby her like the day I got her.

Proph
Old 08-24-2004, 10:51 PM
BOSS

Originally Posted by Prophecy1
Boss quit being a *****.

I love my max enough to baby her like the day I got her.

Proph

grow up...

while you're at it why don't you go "love" and "baby" your roller blades, juice-maker, dish-washer, and the computer which you spend so much time infront of.

Old 08-24-2004, 11:06 PM
wat

I love my max too much to sell her. Later down the road I will have my dream project car, but my max will never leave my side. It will stay in the family until it dies.

I was at a walgreens the other night, and this guy approaches me and says "Wow is that the factory paint? " I reply "Yep, crimson blaze red" he replies "Wow, that color is amazing... I used to own a maxima, amazing cars. Im trying to sell my current car (integra 4-door) for another maxima, i regret ever getting rid of it". Ive had a lot of people complement my car, and even though it has a few blemishes, its just another reason to work on it. The car was poorly treated by the previous owner, but its in MUCH better shape than before, and that is my goal.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:21 AM

BOSS I heard **** about you, seriously dude get rid of your Max and buy your M3 and stop posting on the org. Ok back the where i was.

I love my Maxima so much that i have to activate the alarm twice incase one of my doors didn't lock. I had my max for 2 years now and never left me Stranded. One more thing also i always take the long way after work.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by SMX95
i love my maxima too, its like washed 3 times a week!. I make sure it only uses and gets the best. 94 octane ONLY!. The leather seats are cleaned constanly. The engine bay even gets vaccumed for any dust!. My maxima loves me. Shes worth a lot more than those DEALER****s said. I even listen to the engine to make sure she sounds nice and not making any noise that im not aware about. People even stand next to it and tell me how quite my car is!. But I know how you feel.
Car dealers make money by buying low and selling high. Of course they are going to try to lowball you as much as they can, and if disparaging your car helps lower the price, they'll do it. Then when they talk to prospective buyers, they lie the other way, and tell them no car was ever built as fine as this one right here.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:23 AM

WOW! That that's love. I bet Barry Manilow wrote a song about it.

Originally Posted by Ceasars Chariot
well, i wonder if other maxima enthusiast love their max as much as i love mine. i wont even begin to cover everything. but i guess this sums it up. i drove to houston tx, from mississippi this past monday. im moving to another country and im not leaving without my max !

this is love

die hard maxima maniac
Old 08-25-2004, 06:59 AM

I't's ok lo like and enjoy your car. But one day it's going to give up on you. or It will get stolen or totalled. We have to be prepared to this cutoff rather quickly.

But dont love something that cant love back.

Dont make the similar mistake to fall in love with your stocks.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:08 AM

Thanks for your replies EXCLUDING boss for being himself..
Old 08-25-2004, 07:36 AM

i see ppl have pride in their max's around here huh
Old 08-25-2004, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Tman6429
BOSS I heard **** about you, seriously dude get rid of your Max and buy your M3 and stop posting on the org. Ok back the where i was.

I love my Maxima so much that i have to activate the alarm twice incase one of my doors didn't lock. I had my max for 2 years now and never left me Stranded. One more thing also i always take the long way after work.

I agree except one thing BOSS, Give your max away cause we all read your little thread on how when you sell your max your going to have the miles rolledback cause you dont think anything is wrong with that.

You keep being a jerk to people then the mods will give you the..

Old 08-25-2004, 12:38 PM

I love my max so much that when I lock her doors she flashes me twice so I wave back at her and say "i'll be back soon for you"
Old 08-25-2004, 12:41 PM

I loved my 00 enough to buy a 97 as a second car. I've done nothing to them, but damn they are good cars to buy for my budget. The alternative was a camry (which are just ungodly awful vehicles. Yes, they're reliable, but otherwise crappy drive beyond all compare), or an accord (boring).
Old 08-25-2004, 05:12 PM

I work at an Acura dealership so I get to drive them all day. I will say that they are nice but deep down they are still piece of s*** Hondas. Lol.

Anyways, at the end of the day when I get into the max to go home nothing else compares. I get a big smile on my face hearing the growl of the exhaust as she fires up. Not to mention that I have already handed two of the 2004 TLs their a** in a race.

My license plate says "MAXMIZE" and thats how I do.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by BOSS

grow up...

while you're at it why don't you go "love" and "baby" your roller blades, juice-maker, dish-washer, and the computer which you spend so much time infront of.

Old 08-25-2004, 05:34 PM

Boss has a point.

Here's my point. Since about 1997, I've been dreaming of Maximas. I ran the forums for a period of time before maxima.org. Anyways, I always wanted a 97 se 5sp, bare bones. I ended up with a gxe... oh well. So yeah, I finally attained my goal 2 years ago. It's been 2 long years, and it's time to move on.

It's like life. Once you reach your goal, you make another one, a lil farther, slightly outta reach, and go for it. I've lost the "love" for maximas. It's philosophy of "put a sport car engine in a fwd with 4drs and 6sp manual an call it a Poor-Man's BMW" isn't cutting it for me anymore.

I'd like to sell my car and get something else, if the offer is right. I respect the fact that I modded my car and therefore "depreciated" it according to dealers (there's no denying it, just look on modded maximas on ebay).

Now the question is... what to get next? It used to be 97 m3 4dr, but I'm hearing reliability problems. A g35 coupe seems pretty good, as does the new 05 Corvette. We'll hafta see! All I kno is, It's not that car that gives me thrills anymore, it's how the driver drives it at 8/10ths to improve himself, rather than mod the car.

Jae
Old 08-25-2004, 06:02 PM
Made in Taiwan

i love mine so much, after my brother drove one and wrecked it, i bought two more, a 95 5spd and a auto 96. then he went on and bought another 95 auto, and doin a heart transplant to get his own max. counting the wrecked max, we have 4 in our garage right now. hahaha, who is more dedicated???
Old 08-25-2004, 06:13 PM

Excuse me but boss doesnt have a point if he address it like that.. Bottem line.
Old 08-25-2004, 06:23 PM

Im so glad he's banned. What a d*ckhead.

Old 08-25-2004, 07:23 PM

yea thats very true
Old 08-25-2004, 08:13 PM

hey ceasar, do you have a limited slip?
________
Vaporizer Info

Last edited by Maximeltman; 08-31-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:28 PM
1 of few unmodded 4G Maxs

i love my max so much that I don't want to see it in anyone else's or the wrong hands
Old 08-26-2004, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Wht98SE
i love my max so much that I don't want to see it in anyone else's or the wrong hands
I don't let anybody else work on my car cuz i've had experiences where they did it wrong. I did the same with my 85 volvo, but i didn't love it. haha.
Jae