4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

did a repaint....

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:10 PM
Hella internets

did a repaint....

I did a repaint, changed my handles to chrome (outer ones) and did a 97 conversion...need the grille and headlights now..

BUT, now my keyless entry wont work, and my right turn blinker is like on crack..

i suposed the blinker is about to go out.. but the keyless entry? anyone have any ideas?
Old 08-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Hella internets

bumpity to minutes later..
Old 08-25-2004, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by XeroX
I did a repaint, changed my handles to chrome (outer ones) and did a 97 conversion...need the grille and headlights now..

BUT, now my keyless entry wont work, and my right turn blinker is like on crack..

i suposed the blinker is about to go out.. but the keyless entry? anyone have any ideas?
Not sure man...try reprogramming the remote? Checking batteries? As for blinkers, not sure whats up with those. I have a question for you, how do you change the door handles? lol, I have two maxes and I want to swap the chrome door handles off of my parts Max that im rebuilding to sell onto my baby.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:05 PM
A32

i don't know anything about converted maximas but when my 97's one turn signal started flashing really fast it was becuase the bulb in the front left turn signal lost contact. all i had to do was take the bulb out and put it back in for it the work normally. I hope that helps some.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Hella internets

how do you reprogram the remote?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by XeroX

Blinkers: are both of your bulbs working in front and back? usually if one of your bulbs are busted, your blinker will go berzerk
Old 08-26-2004, 07:59 AM
Hella internets

i havent checked to see if all of them work, im pretty sure, i checked from the inside of the car in the garage, and i saw orange lights everywhere when i turned them on... (u know flashes on the wall in front and behind me..)

so i dunno i will check today. But how do you reprogram the remote? or is there anything else i can try?
Old 08-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Do I get a tax break?

The stickies have info on reprogramming the remote.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:50 PM
Hella internets

Ok, I figured it all out...

Turns out the right blinker was out... even tho the first time i checked it wasnt..mmm....

as for the keyless entry, i checked the main box in the trunk and one of the plugs wasnt connected, i connected it and its fine..

thanks for the tip on the blinker, as for the remote.. that was just stupidity..lol
Old 08-26-2004, 11:10 PM

Talk to Iilac when he gets back from his trip, same thing happened to his keyless when he got it back from the tint shop, The reprogramming didnt work for him but I forgot what he did but he got it working.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:12 PM

opps, didnt read the last post, anyways glad its all working again, cant wait to check out the car but its hard to get a meet going around this time of year ya know?