4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I30t kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2001, 01:25 AM

I know, I know.....they are our "brothers", but if you saw the guy who was driving it, you would understand. He was about 30, and thought that he was about the coolest thing around, with his music blaring, his seat reclined and his hand on the top of the wheel. It was just too tempting. So I pulled up next to him at this light, and rev my engine a little, just to get his attention (both our windows are down cuz it was BEAUTIFUL in chicago today) so he looks over and has the nerve to say: "Too bad yours (meaning my max) doesn't have 227 horsepower" so I say "yea it is too bad isn't it." The light turns green, and from about 20mph on, all he saw was the MAXIMA letters on my rear end we then did a 50-80 run...and I killed him again. At the next stoplight, he had rolled up his window, and wouldn't even look at me.
Now I'm not trying to rip on 5th gen max's and new I30's so please don't flame, this post isn't a flame, I'm just making fun of people that are TOTALLY full of themselves.
Old 04-08-2001, 06:47 AM

Originally posted by BriGuyMax
I know, I know.....they are our "brothers", but if you saw the guy who was driving it, you would understand. He was about 30, and thought that he was about the coolest thing around, with his music blaring, his seat reclined and his hand on the top of the wheel. It was just too tempting. So I pulled up next to him at this light, and rev my engine a little, just to get his attention (both our windows are down cuz it was BEAUTIFUL in chicago today) so he looks over and has the nerve to say: "Too bad yours (meaning my max) doesn't have 227 horsepower" so I say "yea it is too bad isn't it." The light turns green, and from about 20mph on, all he saw was the MAXIMA letters on my rear end we then did a 50-80 run...and I killed him again. At the next stoplight, he had rolled up his window, and wouldn't even look at me.
Now I'm not trying to rip on 5th gen max's and new I30's so please don't flame, this post isn't a flame, I'm just making fun of people that are TOTALLY full of themselves.
I own a 2000 I30t, and I say, "Good for you." That guy was a chump. We are "brothers" so he should have kept his big mouth shut. Too bad his girl wasn't with him to see the big fall...
Old 04-08-2001, 08:28 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

dumb bastard. You don't have 227hp. But you have a 5-speed and 200lb less weight. On the dyno, you may put down even more than him. Then calculate the power to weight ratio.

ZuM

Old 04-08-2001, 08:38 AM

you should have said too bad you don't have a stick
Old 04-08-2001, 08:41 AM

Originally posted by costcowholesale

you should have said too bad you don't have a stick
I wanted to let him find that out for himself
Old 04-08-2001, 11:45 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It's too bad the 2K+ I30's do not have a 5spd, the poor things can't even defend them self. BTW not all I30's are slow. Any how good race!