4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Hey guys...a girl needs help...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 12:39 PM

Hey guys...a girl needs help...

hello everybody....i had a problem a few weeks ago...my car was stalking and then turns off...so many said to replace the MAF sensor. so i did...and the problem was gone....but....of course....there are other problems now. i have a very annoying sound when i start to acelerate...sounds like something on the mufer, or like a lose house (i really don't know haw to explain that one). when i start the engine before was a smooth sound, and now is diferent. also when i acelerate its nat smooth, sometimes is a problem to acelerate, start to pull back somehow (thats haw it feel). and it's spending more gasoline than normal...
any ideas......i thought that it's again the Maf, but i don't have any cel light on..
please guys....help me...

ok...si hay alguien que habla espaņol...aqui le va mi problema...
1. Mi Maxima tenia el siguiente problema - el auto no se podia acelerar y ciando lo hacias simplemente perdia fuerza y se apagaba. eso desde que lo compre. el foco de Chek Engine estaba prendido y sacamos codigos...fue Knock sensor y Coolant Temp Sensor. Los compre usados, los cambiaron y el problema no desaparecio, pero el foco del Check desaparecio. Estaba igual. no se podia acelerar, llegabas a 40 Millas y se jaloneaba, y se sentia que se ahogaba el auto. Mi mecanico lo reviso varias veces, se cambio filtro de gasolina, se limpio el Trottle body, se cambio IAC sensor, de nuevo el Coolant Temp Sensor y finalmente le cambie el MAF sensor. Entonces ya el auto dejo de apagarse y se maneja basta bien, pero en todo......
2. Ahora tengo un sonido desde el area de motor, se presenta cuando acelero y especialmente cuando estoy subiendo....el sonido es como que tienes una manguera y esta saliendo aire, pero ya cheque y no tiene ningun escape.... el auto no acelera bien, se jalonea de nuevo..pero no tan fuerte, la aguja de los revoluciones a veces esta bailando de arriba a abajo (eso no creo que es normal) y cuando prendo el auto el motor se oye muy pesado...antes la maquina era muy suave, casi no se oia, ahorita es un ruido mucho mas fuerte...
tambien se le hico tune-up, cambio de filtro de aire, de aceite, aceite, bujias y cables. pero eso hico el problema nomas mas grande..
si alguien puede entender eso, le agradeceria muchismo su ayuda....
Old 10-12-2004, 12:53 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

check your hoses make sure they are all connected.
Old 10-12-2004, 12:58 PM
Wookie

from one girl to another ---

now, the guys might laugh at me cause i might not know what im talking about, but what i think is this:
your exhaust really has some effect on your gas milage, that however shouldn't effect how your engine sounds, but it will cause some "knocking" sounds depending on where your muffler is 'leaking' at. About the pulling back, I dont know ... I would think though exhaust might have something to do with that, it might studder a little bit.

I am just trying to help, if I am wrong, I will get laughed at :P But, thats what I think it might be since you said your muffler sounds different and your having gas economy issues.

Hope that helps

If not ... I'm sorry
Old 10-12-2004, 01:05 PM

Check all your hoses connection...you might miss a hose or two....plus trace back to how you took the MAFS off then put it back on the same way.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:09 PM

hahahaha best way to get help is inform everyone that you are a girl..
Old 10-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by Ms.Maxima™
hahahaha best way to get help is inform everyone that you are a girl..
It's the best way to get replies to your thread, but not the best way to get real help.
Old 10-12-2004, 01:15 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by achi913
hello everybody....i had a problem a few weeks ago...my car was stalking and then turns off...so many said to replace the MAF sensor. so i did...and the problem was gone....but....of course....there are other problems now. i have a very annoying sound when i start to acelerate...sounds like something on the mufer, or like a lose house (i really don't know haw to explain that one). when i start the engine before was a smooth sound, and now is diferent. also when i acelerate its nat smooth, sometimes is a problem to acelerate, start to pull back somehow (thats haw it feel). and it's spending more gasoline than normal...
any ideas......i thought that it's again the Maf, but i don't have any cel light on..
please guys....help me...

OMG...stalking, mufler, house, lose, nat, acelerate, haw
Old 10-12-2004, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
OMG...stalking, mufler, house, lose, nat, acelerate, haw
WHAT IS OMG?
Old 10-12-2004, 01:39 PM

dang.. looks like the female community is growing
Old 10-12-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake

WHAT IS OMG?

oh, my, god, becky....
Old 10-12-2004, 02:09 PM

Tks For The Clearing That Up

Anybody Else......ideas....???
Old 10-12-2004, 02:12 PM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

Originally Posted by killcrap
oh, my, god, becky....
no, that would be OMGB
Old 10-12-2004, 02:12 PM

Well you could always bring it by and let me take a look I live in SD also and no im not trying to hook up with ya OK lets clear that up right now
Old 10-12-2004, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by desertmaxima
Well you could always bring it by and let me take a look I live in SD also and no im not trying to hook up with ya OK lets clear that up right now
I LIVE IN TIJUANA ACTUALLY, BUT IT'S KIND THE SAME.....
AND I CAN DO THAT....TKS
Old 10-12-2004, 02:23 PM
VQ Disciple

lol yes you are lol. J/K

Like how diff. does you engine sound? High pitch like you're excellerating ? What does it sound like exactly?
Old 10-12-2004, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by MrRogerStatus
lol yes you are lol. J/K

Like how diff. does you engine sound? High pitch like you're excellerating ? What does it sound like exactly?
OK. I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN MYSELF...SO BEFORE THE ENGINE SOUND WAS LIKE MORE SMOOTH...i didn't look sometimes like you it was on...if you what i mean....and is like more excellerate like you say...and teha car is shaking a little.
i don't know haw to explain this...sorry
Old 10-12-2004, 02:38 PM

OK. I WILL TRY TO EXPLAIN MYSELF...SO BEFORE THE ENGINE SOUND WAS LIKE MORE SMOOTH...i didn't look sometimes like you it was on...if you what i mean....and is like more excellerate like you say...and teha car is shaking a little.
I'm not sure people can understand you. Reread what you type before you post..too many errors to even understand.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Ms.Maxima™
I'm not sure people can understand you. Reread what you type before you post..too many errors to even understand.
yeah i know....not my best english....
Old 10-12-2004, 03:31 PM

Yea just let me know when you have some free time to come across the border. no pun intended. Im pretty busy during the week but im free during weekends,. And no im not trying to hit on her I have a gf unlike most of the saps on this forum
Old 10-12-2004, 03:46 PM
Boosted Panda

Originally Posted by I30tMikeD
no, that would be OMGB

rofl,
Old 10-12-2004, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by desertmaxima
Yea just let me know when you have some free time to come across the border. no pun intended. Im pretty busy during the week but im free during weekends,. And no im not trying to hit on her I have a gf unlike most of the saps on this forum
i usually cross the border on sundays so if you want you can write to me on my e-mail..i post it here..or vs. let me know
Old 10-12-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

a vacuum leak could make the car run rough. There are 3 hoses that connect to the intake tube, between the MAF and throttle body. check them. also maybe you didnt get a good seal between the new MAF and air box. also the box may not be closed all the way.

Check the codes just to be safe, some problems dont light the CEL.

but maybe you have another bad MAF?
Old 10-12-2004, 09:02 PM

If you think the noise is coming from thr exhaust, check the Cat, that could make a lot of "rattling" noise when accelerating, if I'm describing it right. It also affect greatly the gas mileage. Worth a shot to give it a check.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:37 PM

Ohh its a gurl.. lemme drop everything in life to help her..
Old 10-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I would make sure all the Hoses and also if you unscrewed the 4 nuts that hold the MAFS for any reason you might wanna ensure that they are tight enough to avoid any leaks. I recently had the same symptoms like you explained above. I went back and tightened the 4 nuts and bingo...no noise no stalling. Hope this helps.
S
Old 10-13-2004, 08:41 AM
be the change u want2C

What are we comming to guys,
if you can explain a little bit better maybe we would actually be able to help you, lol.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by sandeepsodhi
I would make sure all the Hoses and also if you unscrewed the 4 nuts that hold the MAFS for any reason you might wanna ensure that they are tight enough to avoid any leaks. I recently had the same symptoms like you explained above. I went back and tightened the 4 nuts and bingo...no noise no stalling. Hope this helps.
S
I WILL TRY WHAT HE SAYS AND THEN GET BACK TO YOU...TKS
Old 10-13-2004, 09:45 AM

Heh, heh...

This post belongs on FC.

I call troll.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:07 AM
VQ Disciple

Yea i'm sorry, maybe someone can meet you in person and that way they can have a better feel of whats going on with your engine there.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:33 AM

wow, half of these replies are not even helping, just bumping thread up.

Sorry, i dont know how to help you
Old 10-13-2004, 10:43 AM

Great thread...

I just get a good laugh reading it. I don't think I can help.

P.s. bring it to your local mechanic and have it check it out.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:45 PM

Yea right the local mechanic were she lives may have it stripped down lol
Old 10-15-2004, 02:38 PM

If your in TJ im guessing you speak spanish, tell us what it is doing in spanish and maybe someone can translate (not making fun)...= ]
Old 10-15-2004, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Supermax95
If your in TJ im guessing you speak spanish, tell us what it is doing in spanish and maybe someone can translate (not making fun)...= ]
ok...si hay alguien que habla espaņol...aqui le va mi problema...
1. Mi Maxima tenia el siguiente problema - el auto no se podia acelerar y ciando lo hacias simplemente perdia fuerza y se apagaba. eso desde que lo compre. el foco de Chek Engine estaba prendido y sacamos codigos...fue Knock sensor y Coolant Temp Sensor. Los compre usados, los cambiaron y el problema no desaparecio, pero el foco del Check desaparecio. Estaba igual. no se podia acelerar, llegabas a 40 Millas y se jaloneaba, y se sentia que se ahogaba el auto. Mi mecanico lo reviso varias veces, se cambio filtro de gasolina, se limpio el Trottle body, se cambio IAC sensor, de nuevo el Coolant Temp Sensor y finalmente le cambie el MAF sensor. Entonces ya el auto dejo de apagarse y se maneja basta bien, pero en todo......
2. Ahora tengo un sonido desde el area de motor, se presenta cuando acelero y especialmente cuando estoy subiendo....el sonido es como que tienes una manguera y esta saliendo aire, pero ya cheque y no tiene ningun escape.... el auto no acelera bien, se jalonea de nuevo..pero no tan fuerte, la aguja de los revoluciones a veces esta bailando de arriba a abajo (eso no creo que es normal) y cuando prendo el auto el motor se oye muy pesado...antes la maquina era muy suave, casi no se oia, ahorita es un ruido mucho mas fuerte...
tambien se le hico tune-up, cambio de filtro de aire, de aceite, aceite, bujias y cables. pero eso hico el problema nomas mas grande..
si alguien puede entender eso, le agradeceria muchismo su ayuda....
Old 10-15-2004, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by MrRogerStatus

Yea i'm sorry, maybe someone can meet you in person and that way they can have a better feel of whats going on with your engine there.

Good one. i dont know if you meant anything by it, but i translated it differently! haha.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:25 PM
Wookie

Hell yeah, I understood it a lot better. Now you will prolly be able to get some help
Old 10-16-2004, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jinni97Max
Hell yeah, I understood it a lot better. Now you will prolly be able to get some help

glad im not the only one.
Old 10-16-2004, 03:34 PM
Wookie

Right on.

I wish I knew how to help her ......

at least now we know why the english wasnt the best (no offence hun ... but you speak better spanish and thats not a bad thing at all!!)

I really hope that didnt come out offensive......
Old 10-17-2004, 09:56 AM

true. if you want, you can type the problem in spanish. i am actually Korean but born and raised in brazil for a while. so i can translate spanish pretty good. that way, you may be able to get some help.
Old 10-17-2004, 10:02 AM
Rollin' on 'Caps

Uhhh... Maximus_95, see post #34...

Quick Reply: Hey guys...a girl needs help...