4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Finally got my car on Cardomain, PICS see them....or die

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2004, 01:42 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Finally got my car on Cardomain, PICS see them....or die

ya here: http://members.cardomain.com/zerocool19

couldnt figure out how to just put the pics on this thread, oh well. lemme know what u think, decided to force myself today to find a digi cam and take pics after washing the car, installing the rear window spoiler, some windsheild wipers, the door inserts (although the back two got kinda f*cked up) ... lemme know what u think...

-Brendan
Old 11-17-2004, 01:45 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Mirror tint =
Old 11-17-2004, 01:47 PM
I need a truck

Those are some big switches in the ash tray.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:58 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You should tell us what DashKit you used, cause its UGLY and the door panels are ****...

But its a cool concept

Proph
Old 11-17-2004, 02:13 PM

i think the car looks hot, but those switches are huge. are they permanently like that?
Old 11-17-2004, 02:15 PM
sunten1

how did you wire those switchs cuz i am about to do the same thing....

Old 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
Maximoneypit

Originally Posted by mzmtg
Mirror tint =
everything else looks pretty cool.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:42 PM

What is the point of the rear spoiler... I am scared I would get it knocked off... not sure how, but leave it to me to do it. Otherwise I like the inserts. What color were they?
Old 11-17-2004, 02:50 PM

only things i see bad are that rice tint and the inserts look like they are falling out i heard they are hard but just use some super 77 that stuff will hold anything

o and get some smaller switches so you can close that ashtray for a cleaner look

good work otherwise tho
Old 11-17-2004, 03:30 PM

switches are huggggge
Old 11-17-2004, 03:52 PM

yea....gotta agree with the switches man...they look like joysticks.....but the car looks nice.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Prophecy1
You should tell us what DashKit you used, cause its UGLY and the door panels are ****...

But its a cool concept

Proph
from evolution autodesigns, i know there are some spots that get kind dented, cuz i put them on BEFORE I installed the tv and dvd player.

the door panels are a f*cking 8TCH to install, and i cant stand that that guy on here said they were easy to install cuz before today, like a month ago i tried to install them and they were just not working at all, i spent like an hour on JUSt the drivers side and go SOOOO frustrated. and today i got wicked frustrated as well, but mainly just the rear ones (the ones that looked f*cked up in the pics). so i got the Super 77 stuff, and thats how they come out.... so theres no way i am doing something wrong here cuz i sprayed a bunch on there and they still puff out....i dunno i hate those things at this moment because ive never been so frustrated installing something so trivial.

and about the switches....well i know they are a tad big, and i can shave some of the plastic off around them so they recess a bit, but i kinda like them, i was in a hurry at radio shack and they were the only ones i knew i could put somewhere so it wasnt so ghetto when i was hooking everything up...i may change, i may not, i mean they were like 2 bucks, no big deal.

and FOR EVERYONE THAT SAYS MY TINT LOOKS BAD: u can suck my fat c*ck because i love it and its SOOO not rice in my opinion, it looks mother f*cking hot on a black max, and its the only one ive ever seen it on, so pleas eno more posts about that

thanks for everyones thoughts, keep 'em coming

-Brendan
Old 11-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally Posted by ZeroCool19

and FOR EVERYONE THAT SAYS MY TINT LOOKS BAD: u can suck my fat c*ck because i love it and its SOOO not rice in my opinion, it looks mother f*cking hot on a black max, and its the only one ive ever seen it on, so pleas eno more posts about that
Hey, you're the one who posted pics asking for opinions.

Don't get bent out of shape when you get some bad ones.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:26 PM

Car looks good except for the controls for the white face gauges just stand out about as bad as the other two switches. A good place for all those switches in ONE spot would be in the compartment under the armrest.

As for the tint... it'd be better all black because then it wouldn't look funny when the windows are partially down. Leave the chrome tint for the sunroofs.

Just my opinion.

Other than that, the car looks pretty good, I like the center console, ALL silver looks nice. The LED's in the door and dome light came out pretty good too.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:30 PM

Didn't you say you wanted opinions?
Old 11-17-2004, 05:31 PM

wow, the org replies fast....I was just writing the same thing
Old 11-17-2004, 06:48 PM

i like the tv and dash, but only thing is if you get smaller switches it would give the car a clean look. nice job, looks like some nice work on the interior
Old 11-18-2004, 12:21 AM

i did want opinions, sorry for being a little defensive, it's just that when i first came on here and asked a buncha questions about tinting (like which percentage and mirror tinting) i got a lot of flak about the mirror tinting, and to this day i am SOOO f*cking happy i never took anyones advice that told me to not do the mirror tinting. i just dont see how it looks ricey to some people. but i love it, and that's all that matters.

and as far as the windows looking bad partially down? well i live in RI and that means there's 3 months of summer, thats it so i hardly have the windows down all the time (a/c is nice) and even if i do have them down, it looks like factory tint (35%)...but the rear will always look sweet.

and the switches, well i know i have to work onthem a little. but i think they Do have a clean look to them, in my opinion, i will recess them some more so they look a little more flush with the ashtray, but i am happy with the switches....and DEFINITELY dont want them in the compartment under the armrest, i wanna be able to use them while im driving (since the other switch will be to the underbody neon kit i havent installed yet)...and besides i keep stuff in the armrest, it would be a major hassle and wouldnt look good in my opinion.

and chrome tint for the sunroof? i mean come on, not even worth tinting the sunroof unless u could do all chrome, no fade. whatever.

thanks for the feedback, keep them coming.

-Brendan
Old 11-18-2004, 06:34 AM

hey man, do your own thing. if you like the tint, roll with it. just shake them haters off. but don't get bent out of shape if somebody tells you it's not their style. after all, you asked for opinions. personally i think it looks decent..
Old 11-18-2004, 06:45 AM

and chrome tint for the sunroof? i mean come on, not even worth tinting the sunroof unless u could do all chrome, no fade. whatever.

thanks for the feedback, keep them coming.

-Brendan

We all have our opinions... otherwise ALL Maxima's would look the same and we'd all be looking for ways to make them look like our own... wait... we do do that.

Your car looks good bro, you've done a lot of good work to it, just that when you ask for critiques, people usually point out the bad instead of the good.

Here's what the mirror tinting ONLY on the sunroof would look like... I did it to reflect some heat rays off my head and still allow light in. Also, when looking down at the car you can't see in like you could before. I could've done it in black tint but you could still see in and it would darken the light coming in, this way I can have light AND privacy.

*notice the dead 3rd Gen on the left with the flat tires... no reason, just noticed it myself
Old 11-18-2004, 07:09 AM

I thought those switches are joystick for the game system. It will be pretty cool to have a pair of joystick in your car. I think one of blue LED light on the door step is out. Put what ever you think is cool in your car.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:31 AM

car looks nice. Tint and switches gotta go
but thats just my opinion
Old 11-18-2004, 07:38 AM
What was that?

very nice car. I can see how the dash kit got bent cause mine did the same thing. About the tint. IMO I like tint to be the same color of the car. If the car was silver then i'de think the mirror tint is hot. Keep on modding.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:49 AM
I still miss the max

The only thing i'll complain about is you didn't take pics of my favorite part of the max...under the hood!

But it looks good and listen to OneToughMax, **** those haterz, do your own thing, Who gives a flying **** what they think about your car
Old 11-18-2004, 10:43 AM

yaaa, i see what u mean by the sunrook tint, it looks ok (would look better on a bladck car, or at least come out more ) but i didnt realize u were going for functionality, not looks.

CarbonDreams95, i did take pics under the hood, they are about half way down. not much to brag about, i just have a cheapo FSTB and the stillen hi-flow intake (which i like a lot).

i wouldnt think the tint would look good on a silver max, cuz the tints not really silver, more like a mirror, or chrome, i like the contrast of the black and chrome (black and chrome has to be the best look on maxes) but anyways, to each his own. i just wanted a tint that looked kick *** and stood out. in the rain at night, it looks really hot. thanks for the opinions

-Brendan