4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

New To Maximas (disregard my username)

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2004, 09:09 AM

ludacris. ill race your friend with the prelude for some cash!!!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:15 AM

h23 A's came on standard on the type R's in japan, they are non vtec, and yes they are slow trust me, friend has a 91 prelude with a H23A and that bich is slow, the motor i respect are LS
Old 11-19-2004, 11:21 AM
Chassis Freak

4thGenGXE: welcome to the world of torque.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:35 AM
Sports Button FTW

prelude....honestly the ONLY honda i would ever get. I love them so much and they are beasts on the highway. There's a newest generation turbo'ed manual raping cats in my area. Much respect. But as far as raw power, the maxima will definitely please u.

If u r going for performance, i think u need to decide if u going all out (FI), or all motor.

You will get different mods depending on what u plan to go. Some will be unnecessary, some u will have to sell to upgrade later. If you are impatient like most of us, only work on mods that give u most power cause it makes no sense investing 500 on a 2.5" catback just to sell it 6 months from now for 250 and buy a 3"....

anyway, welcome
Old 11-19-2004, 11:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by thisisausername
as long as you don't put a 3 foot wing on the back I'll be happy.
Agree!!! That cracks me up...
Old 11-19-2004, 12:47 PM
Made in Taiwan

welcome, 4gengxe. me and my two younger brothers all got the 4gen maxima's these cars are some beefy tor-kers. i got the 95 5-speed, and it's faster than the 95 and 96 auto's that my brothers have. we recently just did a bunch of exhaust mods. 2 weeks ago, i toasted the clutch street racing with my brother. now i put on the spec stage 2 clutch kit. and today, i'll receive the stillen flywheel. it's going to be some real fun after all.

also, be very careful if you find a 95 5-speed. check the production date and make sure you get the one after march/95. that way you can have obd II and can easily replace the fidanza flywheel if you ever get to it. fidanza doesn't make flywheels for the earlier 95 maxima's. i get stillen because i got the ealier maxima's and it cost me almost 150 bucks more. be careful!
Old 11-19-2004, 01:02 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

hokay, i just read all taht stuff and i gotta respond to some of it.....as for the H23A1, it came stock in my car before i got the H22A1....as far as power, for a 4 banger its got some torque at 156 ft lbs. and the HP is pretty close at 160 and they do 15.7 in a 1/4 and about 7.7-7.8 for 0 to 60.....but i have to agree the VQ30 had mad torque over the VTEC prelude engine, but its not that hard when youve got two more cylinders, its 2.2 vs 3.0 litres.......i appreciate all the welcoming and i figured id get flamed more for having been into hondas.....the insurance adjuster came by today and i wont know how much money ill be getting until probably monday.....i just remembered that i took pictures of my car the day after it was hit so enjoy the smashed up honda.....

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3
Old 11-19-2004, 01:19 PM

wow they totalled the prelude? doesn't look that bad but the value of the car must be very low now or something. anyways.....i have 97 maxima 5spd se, and i have no regrets, i should have gone with this as my 1st car.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:06 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

yes my car is totalled but i get the NADA value which is like 4300 plus all the extras i had in it which came up to be another 1700, so im not getting the **** end of the stick....
Old 11-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Made in Taiwan

if you don't want to spend big bucks buying a maxima. look into the 95-96's. they will run you under 4000 bucks around 100k miles. i got my 95 5-speed at 3700 with 120k miles. it runs like a new car. i've been abusing the F out of it and it is still running strong. the clutch burned, of course. it's just me racing so much.

the major downside with the 95-96 models is the looks. i'd rather getting one of those nicely modified 97-99 bumpers. those are some dream bumpers. but you'll be paying a little more for 97-99's max. also, there are rumors i heard about the 95 5-speed being faster than the rest of the 4 gens. i don't know what to say. so far, my car feels more power than my brother's 95 and 96 auto's. but they've got the auto's. not a great comparison. i love 5-speed.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:10 PM
Chassis Freak

The rumors are just that. There is no appreciable difference between 4th gens, other than the fact that a stock 95 GXE is lighter than, say a loaded 99 SE or GLE. The later model years also have more emissions equipment but Nissan did a good job; I really don't think there's a significant difference (unless it is a California spec). The fastest stock Maxima on record is a 97.
Old 11-20-2004, 02:20 AM
nycmaximas member

I dont mean to twist the knife thats in your gut, but..... I love the crushed honda pics... Hee hee.... Dont worry your moving on up...
Old 11-20-2004, 06:00 AM
SLOW

Originally Posted by BORQUA79
I dont mean to twist the knife thats in your gut, but..... I love the crushed honda pics... Hee hee.... Dont worry your moving on up...
That is a d!ck thing to say. How would you feel if someone told you they loved seeing pictures of your POS altezza lights crushed. Jesus Christ what is wrong with you people. The guy's car which he has put lots of work into gets totalled and you say you are glad to see it. Those of you who said that type of stuff are idiots. Think before you type.
Old 11-20-2004, 06:17 AM

dam man sucks to see your car like that, just think of it as a stepping stone for something higher in life. the MAXIMA will give you that and more
Old 11-20-2004, 07:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by Cheezwiz
for suggesting clear corners.

A factory stock '96 Acura Integra GS-R is good for 15.7. Fast by Honda standards I hear. I hate Hondas so much. I don't know how so many kids got the idea wedged into their head that Hondas are hot-rods.

y do u hate honda so much , dont let stupid ricers be a factor in ur decision about hondas
Old 11-20-2004, 07:26 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by meccanoble
prelude....honestly the ONLY honda i would ever get. I love them so much and they are beasts on the highway. There's a newest generation turbo'ed manual raping cats in my area. Much respect. But as far as raw power, the maxima will definitely please u.

If u r going for performance, i think u need to decide if u going all out (FI), or all motor.

You will get different mods depending on what u plan to go. Some will be unnecessary, some u will have to sell to upgrade later. If you are impatient like most of us, only work on mods that give u most power cause it makes no sense investing 500 on a 2.5" catback just to sell it 6 months from now for 250 and buy a 3"....

anyway, welcome

are u talking of the red prelude with the carbon fiber hood
Old 11-20-2004, 07:45 AM
THT
Throbbing member

Man, some of you need to think two or three times before you click "Post Reply". He came to us with an open mind and I saw numerous Honda bashing posts and even one that was glad his car was totaled...WTF is wrong with you?? Imagine your Max getting ruined and someone saying they're glad it happened.

Anyway, it's good to see another 4th gen owner. Our engines are good for a whole lot of power but just watch your tranny. There're a lot of guys on here who know 4th gens in and out and we're starting to see more extreme mods being done like 3.5L swaps.

~THT
Old 11-20-2004, 12:19 PM
Made in Taiwan

yup, everything in the vq engine setup was perfect in my view. but manual clutches sure does suck A$$. i just can't believe it burned so easily. drivin 5-speeds since 5 years ago, never burned a clutch till this one. just can't believe it. it's a "big bucks" loss.
and don't worry about those bashing you about coming from the honda's club. i was one, too. i drove a civic for a year, then acura legend for 2 years (that car is powerful too and stock handling was much better than maxima's) and now i am driving the 5 speed maxima. loving the torque but hate the "boat" suspensions. change them first.
one thing you'll have to consider before posting: search, search, and search, before you post anything. the "senior" wiseguys in this forum always blast their spits at you for re-posting and stuff. most of the time, you should just ignore some of the negative comments because they are just trying to add post points. that's really stupid. but there are always guys that are really helpful. i usually pm those guys or write emails for help.
Old 11-20-2004, 11:47 PM
nycmaximas member

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
That is a d!ck thing to say. How would you feel if someone told you they loved seeing pictures of your POS altezza lights crushed. Jesus Christ what is wrong with you people. The guy's car which he has put lots of work into gets totalled and you say you are glad to see it. Those of you who said that type of stuff are idiots. Think before you type.
You people are too sensitive... 4thgengxe is obviously looking for a new car now and sounds like he getting into the though of building his new Maxima... He did say "enjoy the smashed up Honda..." I just replyed to it...Cars are OBJECTS and eventually were gonna move on or change them up. Ive totalled a Mitusubishi I had in High School and more recently a 3rd Gen Maxima... And today I have the 4th Gen... Im not just bashing the Honda Im incouraging his want to have a Maxima... Thats it? And if my Altezzas were crushed id get some Clear and Reds, Id be pisted at first but hey we gotta move on eventually... Stop Cryin'
Old 11-21-2004, 12:01 AM
SLOW

Call me oversensitive if you want, but I know if someone said that type of junk to me about a car I've put $10,000 into in addition to the cost of the car, I'd react. It's just retarded saying "hey glad your car got smashed, it gave me a good laugh." Plain and simple. It's like saying "hey I'm glad your dog got run over, I never liked that kind of dog anyways" or "hey I heard you got fired today... I never liked your job anyways" to someone's face.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:21 AM
nycmaximas member

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Call me oversensitive if you want, but I know if someone said that type of junk to me about a car I've put $10,000 into in addition to the cost of the car, I'd react. It's just retarded saying "hey glad your car got smashed, it gave me a good laugh." Plain and simple. It's like saying "hey I'm glad your dog got run over, I never liked that kind of dog anyways" or "hey I heard you got fired today... I never liked your job anyways" to someone's face.
First... Your comparing a live animal that breaths, eats, poops, licks your face when you come home, plays with your children and has a soul compared to a Car...?

Second 4thegengxe said that hes getting the value of the car and what he put into it... $1700... Quote "so im not getting the **** end of the stick...." Unquote.

third, learn to quote people right... I said "I dont mean to twist the knife thats in your gut, but..... I love the crushed honda pics... Hee hee.... Dont worry your moving on up..."

Replying to 4thgengxe"...i took pictures of my car the day after it was hit so enjoy the smashed up honda....."

If he never said that I wouldnt just come out like that... I figure he has a sense of humor and was cool...

So yeah you are just a lil sensitive... obviously not about dawgs...lol
Old 11-21-2004, 12:30 AM
NLK

On a more pleasent note:
Welcome to the org 4thGenGXE, you and I are in the same boat when it comes to info on the maxima. Only thing is this is my first car. Enjoy.