4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

To DeAnne and Shingles

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 06:37 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Both of you guys misunderstood my comment totally. All I am saying is that sometimes its hard for men and women to understand each other. Some of these guys posted to my thread with no understanding of what was being posted. Shingles, if you were going to lock the thread, it should have been done before everyone else took it out of context, not when you though I was dissin women. You got this moderation thing a$$ backwards.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:45 PM

Originally posted by deezo
Both of you guys misunderstood my comment totally. All I am saying is that sometimes its hard for men and women to understand each other. Some of these guys posted to my thread with no understanding of what was being posted. Shingles, if you were going to lock the thread, it should have been done before everyone else took it out of context, not when you though I was dissin women. You got this moderation thing a$$ backwards.
You need to choose your words more carefully, you could have said that another way. Shing has nothing backwards or bass ackwards as you say, he is closing it because he saw the potential and the past of that thread so he decided to close it, your comment just topped it off. If that was an appology I accept it.
Old 04-17-2001, 06:50 PM
The missing moderator

I am sorry I don't live up to your "standards". But guess what? I have a life, I have a career, and I have other things that take up my time. I do not spend my day here baby sitting. It's a shame I even have to babysit...

Again, sorry I can't moderate to your standards, but you know what? I am not worried about it.

-Shing
Old 04-17-2001, 06:56 PM

Originally posted by Mustang1999

You need to choose your words more carefully, you could have said that another way. Shing has nothing backwards or bass ackwards as you say, he is closing it because he saw the potential and the past of that thread so he decided to close it, your comment just topped it off. If that was an appology I accept it.
Look, you don't need to preach to me about this. It was bass ackwards because while people on my thread are ready to kill each other over changing oil, nobody understood my point of the thread. The thread should have been close when 2 of the other Max drivers got into their rumble. I tried to stop everyone from this fighting. I am not going to go further with this but I am not going to submit to anyones reply when I have already said what I meant.
Old 04-17-2001, 07:12 PM
MaxHack

DAMN! I missed a flame war? Shings, you should have told me! haha

-Custom-

Old 04-18-2001, 11:29 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Look, you don't need to preach to me about this.

Ok.

It was bass ackwards because while people on my thread are ready to kill each other over changing oil, nobody understood my point of the thread.

Still waiting for that proof of 3k intervals guarantees that a motor won't have issues.

The thread should have been close when 2 of the other Max drivers got into their rumble.

You're not a moderator.

I tried to stop everyone from this fighting.

Uh, you haven't seen a good flame here then. That post is practically child's play here.

I am not going to go further with this but I am not going to submit to anyones reply when I have already said what I meant.

Ok.

Old 04-18-2001, 11:36 AM

Re: ..........................

Originally posted by bill99gxe
Look, you don't need to preach to me about this.

Ok.

It was bass ackwards because while people on my thread are ready to kill each other over changing oil, nobody understood my point of the thread.

Still waiting for that proof of 3k intervals guarantees that a motor won't have issues.

The thread should have been close when 2 of the other Max drivers got into their rumble.

You're not a moderator.

I tried to stop everyone from this fighting.

Uh, you haven't seen a good flame here then. That post is practically child's play here.

I am not going to go further with this but I am not going to submit to anyones reply when I have already said what I meant.

Ok.

Dude, there is something very wrong with you. Are you obsessed by my opinions? Can you prove what CR is saying to be wrong? Like I said, tell CR you don't agree, I don't care. Why are you trying to keep something going? Time is ticking. I am moving on dude.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

Re: Re: ..........................

He has no problem w/ your opinion. There is nothing wrong w/ the CR article. But your interpretation of the article is wrong. Mabye you should summarize what you getting from the article to reduce the confusion?

And you plainly said 3000mile oil changes would guaranty the engine's life. That is plain wrong. Who? Our forefathers? Does that mean our forefathers are gonna cut us a check for $3000 if the engine blows up? Of course not. Might give you a good chance but nothing close to a guaranty.

My remarks on the CR article are plainly stated in the other thread.

Dude, there is something very wrong with you. Are you obsessed by my opinions? Can you prove what CR is saying to be wrong? Like I said, tell CR you don't agree, I don't care. Why are you trying to keep something going? Time is ticking. I am moving on dude.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:09 PM

Re: Re: Re: ..........................

Originally posted by Jeff92se
He has no problem w/ your opinion. There is nothing wrong w/ the CR article. But your interpretation of the article is wrong. Mabye you should summarize what you getting from the article to reduce the confusion?

And you plainly said 3000mile oil changes would guaranty the engine's life. That is plain wrong. Who? Our forefathers? Does that mean our forefathers are gonna cut us a check for $3000 if the engine blows up? Of course not. Might give you a good chance but nothing close to a guaranty.

My remarks on the CR article are plainly stated in the other thread.

Jeff, fine. I am done with this thread. Nothing has changed in the last 2 days for what we believe. 3000Mi changes are what the industry told people to do as a precaution. I am not saying its perfect but the majority of people on the roads do it. That's like a peer pressure answer. I guess people over the years have been tricked into doing this so oil companies can make money. But really dude, let's move on.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:16 PM

3000Mi changes are what the industry told people to do as a precaution.

What industry?

I would dare say it is the oil marketing departments that are telling the people what to do......

I guess people over the years have been tricked into doing this so oil companies can make money.

It's called MARKETING. And is apparently effective.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:27 PM

Re: .........................

3000Mi changes are what the industry told people to do as a precaution.

What industry?

I would dare say it is the oil marketing departments that are telling the people what to do......

I guess people over the years have been tricked into doing this so oil companies can make money.

It's called MARKETING. And is apparently effective.
Effective for who? The oil companies right? Now Bill, don't contradict yourself. You just told a whole mess of people that it's a waste of money to change your oil every 3000 miles. How many times have you bought something without a well known name on it? Marketing may have a lot to do with why we buy certain products and I think it has a lot to do with why so many people are told to change their oil every 3000 or 3 months. Guaranteed money for every 3 months or 3000 miles for shops and to take it further, the oil companies.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:38 PM

Re: Re: .........................

Effective for who? The oil companies right?

Yes, that's what I just posted.

Now Bill, don't contradict yourself.

How is stating that oil companies and Jiffy Lube say "every 3000 miles" is a successful marketing campaign contradicting myself?

You just told a whole mess of people that it's a waste of money to change your oil every 3000 miles.

It is. And I don't change oil every 3k.....

How many times have you bought something without a well known name on it?

Many times. But depends on what the product is.

Marketing may have a lot to do with why we buy certain products and I think it has a lot to do with why so many people are told to change their oil every 3000 or 3 months.

Exactly right.

Guaranteed money for every 3 months or 3000 miles for shops and to take it further, the oil companies.

Exactly right again.

Where did I contradict myself?
Old 04-18-2001, 12:41 PM
I'm needing a caw

Dude, he is saying the 3000 mi oil change is a waste of $ becuase it's been proven over and over that the oil is still good. The oil companies are using the public's unfounded/uneducated fears about oil to market the 3000 mile oil change. Of course it benefits the oil companies and the oil change facilites. How did Bill contradict himself?

Let's take a test. Let's say you have two items. One was a name brand and one is not. Let's say you knew for a fact that the generic brand was the same as the name brand except packaged as a generic one. Also the generic one was %50 cheaper. Which one would you buy?

The name brand one becuase it was marketed better? Or the generic one becuase you are educated on the subject and you know for a fact they are the same?

Effective for who? The oil companies right? Now Bill, don't contradict yourself. You just told a whole mess of people that it's a waste of money to change your oil every 3000 miles. How many times have you bought something without a well known name on it? Marketing may have a lot to do with why we buy certain products and I think it has a lot to do with why so many people are told to change their oil every 3000 or 3 months. Guaranteed money for every 3 months or 3000 miles for shops and to take it further, the oil companies.
Old 04-18-2001, 12:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: .........................

How is stating that oil companies and Jiffy Lube say "every 3000 miles" is a successful marketing campaign contradicting myself?

You just told a whole mess of people that it's a waste of money to change your oil every 3000 miles.

Marketing may have a lot to do with why we buy certain products and I think it has a lot to do with why so many people are told to change their oil every 3000 or 3 months.

Exactly right.

Guaranteed money for every 3 months or 3000 miles for shops and to take it further, the oil companies.

Exactly right again.

Old 04-18-2001, 12:47 PM

Exactly right.

Exactly right again.

Old 04-18-2001, 12:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: .........................

I am jumping from work to your emails so bare with me. I thought you were saying that the reason oil companies and "Jiffy Lube" were telling people to change at 3000mi was NOT because of their marketing to make money on the public. My Bad!!
Old 04-18-2001, 12:59 PM

Ahhh....Ok......

I can't believe it, we three are agreeing on something here.

It is scary, isn't it?

Also, trust me once I can find a way to dispose of my oil, I will probably switching over to Amsoil. The flashpoints have sold me.

Cool.....
Old 04-18-2001, 01:08 PM

Re: Ahhh....Ok......

I can't believe it, we three are agreeing on something here.

It is scary, isn't it?

Also, trust me once I can find a way to dispose of my oil, I will probably switching over to Amsoil. The flashpoints have sold me.

Cool.....
Phewww!!!! Can we all just get along(hahaha). I was looking at the site you gave me yesterday morning and Amsoil's flashpoint was up around 470 degrees or something. I was like, damn!!!
Old 04-18-2001, 01:23 PM

Re: Re: Ahhh....Ok......

Phewww!!!! Can we all just get along(hahaha). I was looking at the site you gave me yesterday morning and Amsoil's flashpoint was up around 470 degrees or something. I was like, damn!!!
From my oil analysis spreadsheet, the flashpoints measured by Blackstone were:

99 TL on Amsoil after 12k: 380
98 Max (Shing's) on Mobile 1 after 8k: 390
99 Max (mine) on ULX-110 after 10.4k: 335 (low)
94 Max (mine) on ULX-110 after 8.5k: 350 (little low)

E-mail me and I'll be happy to send you the spreadsheet....
Old 04-18-2001, 01:33 PM

Re: Re: Re: Ahhh....Ok......

From my oil analysis spreadsheet, the flashpoints measured by Blackstone were:

99 TL on Amsoil after 12k: 380
98 Max (Shing's) on Mobile 1 after 8k: 390
99 Max (mine) on ULX-110 after 10.4k: 335 (low)
94 Max (mine) on ULX-110 after 8.5k: 350 (little low)

E-mail me and I'll be happy to send you the spreadsheet....
Send it to dana.williams@fmr.com