4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What do I do with the black tube after the intallation of my filter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 03:00 PM
Maxima97

I just installed a Weapon*R AFM INtake system which is just like the BrianV mod except it has an adapter instead of prying out that gold piece. The installation went well but I dont know what to do with that black tube now. BrianV said he thought it was a Tranny Breather tube or something. I dont know exactly what it is but I would like to know what I can do with it. Thanks

Old 04-23-2001, 01:50 PM

I have a Stillen Hi-flow

so I don't know if this applies...

Anyway, I put in the Stillen Hi-flow filter
but the directions didn't say anything about the old air intake ducting.
I just left it in place.
It held up a bit of wire harness in one place
and there were a couple of things attached to it.
I thought I should leave it in place
- it sealed the gap under the hood
and I figured it would bring air to the new filter.
I also put the two "unused" screws from the old filter housing back into the wheel well
[from inside the engine bay] to keep any water from getting in that way.

Originally posted by Maxima97
I just installed a Weapon*R AFM INtake system which is just like the BrianV mod except it has an adapter instead of prying out that gold piece. The installation went well but I dont know what to do with that black tube now. BrianV said he thought it was a Tranny Breather tube or something. I dont know exactly what it is but I would like to know what I can do with it. Thanks
Old 04-23-2001, 02:07 PM

i took mine out, no problems yet. nm

nm
Old 04-23-2001, 04:51 PM
Maxima97

Re: i took mine out, no problems yet. nm

What exactly is the tube for? Does anyone know for sure If it can be left in or taken out without any problems? Please help! THanks

Old 04-23-2001, 05:31 PM
Maxima97

Re: Re: i took mine out, no problems yet. nm

Anyone? Please help! I didnt do anything with the tube. I just took out the stock air box and pretty much did the brianV mod except it is Weapon*R and had an attachment so I didnt have to pry that gold peice off. Anyone know what to do with that tube? THanks

Old 04-23-2001, 05:50 PM

define tube, be a little more specific please,

i think we are talking about the same thing.
Old 04-23-2001, 07:40 PM
Maxima97

Re: define tube, be a little more specific please,

Ok here is the exact page that I have from Weapon*R maybe you guys can figure it out better than me.

*This Intake System Includes the following
-1X Weapon*R V2 Filter
-1X Universal Intake System Bracket Kit
-4X Bolts and Nuts
-1X Air Flow Meter Adapter

1. Carefully Disconect the electrical wire harness from the air flow meter.
2. Remove Stock Air Box
3. Using the 10mm socket wrench, unbolt the Air Flow meter from the air box.
4. Attach the Air Flow Meter adapter to the Air Flow Meter with the 4 supplied nuts and bolts.
5. Clamp on the Weapon*R V2 filter to the front of the Air Flow meter adapter.
6.Reconnect the electrical harness to the Air flow meter
7. Using the 3"-3" silicon adapter, attach the filter inlet and clamp down with supplied clamp.
8. Attach Supplied Clamp to the other end of silicon 3"-3" adapter, insert onto the intake tube, clamp down.
9. Cut a 1/4" stub off the 8mm hose, with the 1/2" bolt slide stub onto bolt and long universal bracket and filter mounting tab, bolt together , so its a bushing for the bracket to the filter mounting tab.
10.Install filter onto end of Air Flow Meter adapter
11. With other end of universal bracket, bend to closest mounting point on vehicle chassis
12. Install Weapon*R logo & Carb exemption sticker onto intake tube.

It sounds to me like they are giving me instructions for installing the whole intake. All I got in the package was the filter the air flow meter adapter and the nuts and bolts. I think either the instructions dont match the parts I ordered or im just dumb. Now everyone is talkin about the black tube that now has nothing to go to. BrianV said he thought it was a tranny breather tube or something. I dont know exactly what it is thats my problem. I see a black tube below my filter that looks like a deflated bike tire, except its a small tube and runs somewhere into the engine. I know this is a long question so sorry but I need to figure this out. Does it sound like the directions they gave me dont match? All I did is remove stock air box atach the adapter to the filter and put it on the air flow meter. I dont have a intake tube. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! Thanks

Old 04-23-2001, 08:37 PM
Maxima97

Re: Re: define tube, be a little more specific please,

Ok here is the exact page that I have from Weapon*R maybe you guys can figure it out better than me.

*This Intake System Includes the following
-1X Weapon*R V2 Filter
-1X Universal Intake System Bracket Kit
-4X Bolts and Nuts
-1X Air Flow Meter Adapter

1. Carefully Disconect the electrical wire harness from the air flow meter.
2. Remove Stock Air Box
3. Using the 10mm socket wrench, unbolt the Air Flow meter from the air box.
4. Attach the Air Flow Meter adapter to the Air Flow Meter with the 4 supplied nuts and bolts.
5. Clamp on the Weapon*R V2 filter to the front of the Air Flow meter adapter.
6.Reconnect the electrical harness to the Air flow meter
7. Using the 3"-3" silicon adapter, attach the filter inlet and clamp down with supplied clamp.
8. Attach Supplied Clamp to the other end of silicon 3"-3" adapter, insert onto the intake tube, clamp down.
9. Cut a 1/4" stub off the 8mm hose, with the 1/2" bolt slide stub onto bolt and long universal bracket and filter mounting tab, bolt together , so its a bushing for the bracket to the filter mounting tab.
10.Install filter onto end of Air Flow Meter adapter
11. With other end of universal bracket, bend to closest mounting point on vehicle chassis
12. Install Weapon*R logo & Carb exemption sticker onto intake tube.

It sounds to me like they are giving me instructions for installing the whole intake. All I got in the package was the filter the air flow meter adapter and the nuts and bolts. I think either the instructions dont match the parts I ordered or im just dumb. Now everyone is talkin about the black tube that now has nothing to go to. BrianV said he thought it was a tranny breather tube or something. I dont know exactly what it is thats my problem. I see a black tube below my filter that looks like a deflated bike tire, except its a small tube and runs somewhere into the engine. I know this is a long question so sorry but I need to figure this out. Does it sound like the directions they gave me dont match? All I did is remove stock air box atach the adapter to the filter and put it on the air flow meter. I dont have a intake tube. Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!! Thanks

Old 04-23-2001, 10:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: define tube, be a little more specific please,

Hey I did something similar to this. It may even be the same thing. I got the Weapon*R AFM Intake System. Is this what you got? I didnt do anything with that black hose tube thing. I havent had any problems yet but I am also curious about what to do with it. Anyone know? Take Care
Old 04-24-2001, 05:59 AM
maximudragun

wat tube are you talking about, i have a weapone r intake too and i had no problem installing. the only thing i did with the big black tube was replacing it cause the length was short and some what deform.