4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What I accidentally did. . .

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 02:54 PM

What I accidentally did. . .

I just finished attempting the BOSE fix, as we have all read up on.

It didnt work for me but I am confused as to how many resistors there are to be soldered, I only saw 2 I think 3 at the most. I soldered the postive and negative tried it but it didnt work. I soldered a few other things that kinda looked like it could use it but didnt help get rid of the CD Err, do i solder just the resistors? or resolder everything?

Also by accident when taking apart thebose units, I saw what looked like blue Leds, so I tug on them (dont ask me why) and a little blue cap comes off, so in remembering some one recently did their bose white, I though maybe taking this off would make them change to white. I put the unit back in the car and turn the lights on and. . .

ORANGE! it looks rather cool, (Sorry pic is so dark, could use flash or it would be too bright)I'm going to keep it, will look for a small T3 led orange, for the cd disk in, and keep it all orange, orange and blue LED interior should look stylish, will post pics soon (putting 6 LED Bulbs into the guages friday).
Old 11-28-2004, 03:04 PM

sorry that this doesnt pertaint to your dilemna, but do you have aftermarket speakers set up with your BOSE? If so, how does it sound?
Old 11-28-2004, 03:09 PM

nah, I have the stock speakers with the Bose, one speaker is blown but I will replace with another stock bose, the sound quality is good enough for me.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:22 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have a question... Are the factory radio wiring harnesses the same for the Bose and NON-Bose??
Old 11-28-2004, 03:48 PM

Wow, that don't look bad at all. Good job. I did the same with my Gauge Cluster Bulbs. I took off the blue sleeve to put them over Single White Wedge LEDs from Superbright to try and cut through the filter in the gauges, which was causin my new LEDs to come out purple instead of white, but they turned to blue. Now, why weren't my gauges blue when the blue sleeve was on the stock bulbs... I'm going to put back the stock bulbs and see what color they are and I will let you know. *Note- Gauges are stock I30/GLE Black face. Maybe if I bought Orange LEDs and put the blue sleeve on those, they would pass through the violet filter as white *shruggs shoulders*

...Very confused.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:48 PM

sounds very confusing,

yea I didnt get it either they have orange LEDs, in the bose unit, but a blue sleeve over it, now blue and orange doesnt give green (just did a photoshop test to confirm and none of my test came out anywhere close to green).

I dont get it but I like the look and will get a 1000mcd orange 3mm led to replace the green one, and I gotta figure out how to change the color of the display.

Originally Posted by Max Mutes
Wow, that don't look bad at all. Good job. I did the same with my Gauge Cluster Bulbs. I took off the blue sleeve to put them over Single White Wedge LEDs from Superbright to try and cut through the filter in the gauges, which was causin my new LEDs to come out purple instead of white, but they turned to blue. Now, why weren't my gauges blue when the blue sleeve was on the stock bulbs... I'm going to put back the stock bulbs and see what color they are and I will let you know. *Note- Gauges are stock I30/GLE Black face. Maybe if I bought Orange LEDs and put the blue sleeve on those, they would pass through the violet filter as white *shruggs shoulders*

...Very confused.
I didnt know the guage lights had sleeves on them, hmmm, i might take mine out too check and see if there is one on mine, if so I wouldnt mind a color change, till my blues get here.