4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

can anyone help?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2001, 10:54 AM

Does anyone know a good Maxima mechanic in Brooklyn or Staten Island N.Y.? My 95 GXE won't start. It started rough yesterday when I left my house. I parked it for 4 hours and it started up fine. I drove to my friends house and parked it for another 4 hours and it started fine. I drove it for 15 minetes and parked it for an hour. When I left it started up real rough and barely caught on. I warmed it up and drove around with no problem. I parked it again for about 5 hours and when I came back out, the car would'nt turn over. I tried to start it for about half-hour before the starter started to heat up. There is a half-a-tank of gas and when the car was running, there were no problems. Can anyone help? Thanxs.
Old 04-19-2001, 12:46 PM

Originally posted by gakary54
Does anyone know a good Maxima mechanic in Brooklyn or Staten Island N.Y.? My 95 GXE won't start. It started rough yesterday when I left my house. I parked it for 4 hours and it started up fine. I drove to my friends house and parked it for another 4 hours and it started fine. I drove it for 15 minetes and parked it for an hour. When I left it started up real rough and barely caught on. I warmed it up and drove around with no problem. I parked it again for about 5 hours and when I came back out, the car would'nt turn over. I tried to start it for about half-hour before the starter started to heat up. There is a half-a-tank of gas and when the car was running, there were no problems. Can anyone help? Thanxs.
Don't try to start it for about half-hour. That overheats the starter motor and shortens its life. There have been many complaints about weak starters in the '95 Maxima. If the engine won't start in the first ten tries it isn't going to start.

Your no-fire symptom may be caused by a bad Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor, a clogged fuel filter, a weak fuel pump, a blown fuel pump fuse, a bad fuel pump relay, or water in the fuel tank.

In the future, when you start a thread on this forum, try to choose a meaningful Subject line. Cranks but won't fire conveys more information than can anyone help?