4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Please suggest a selling price for a 97 with all the goodies

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2004, 04:17 AM

Please suggest a selling price for a 97 with all the goodies

I have a very weird problem. Can somebody suggest what a reasonable selling price is for a 97 Maxima. My Mom wants to trade in or sell her 97 maxima 5spd with 120 000 miles on it. It’s a SE trim with 16” wheels BOSE sunroof and no leather. Car has a KYB AGX shocks with 2” lowering springs. It also has SKYLINE body kit with uratheine front and fiberglass back and skirts. Also it has a STILLEN Y-pipe and full exhaust. Everything what could be changed was changed. What was changed (within a year): shocks, springs, both control arms, both sides inner and outer tie rods, upper strut bushings and bearings, belts, starter, intake manifold gaskets, all 3 O2 sensors, Transmission, ACT clutch, ykohama tires, brakes front, front wheel bearings. Extras that not on a car: stuck front and rear bumper, stuck y-pipe and cat, STILLEN V-2 SUPERCHARGER(used that came with my MAX as a spare part, supercharger and installation bracket), 235/35/zr17 Goodyear F1 tiers only and fog lights. Dealer that serviced the car (still under warranty) offered 6500$ with all the extras. What do you think? Very clean car, clean title no accidents just stuck bumper has some scratches on it from when she hit neighbors car and front fender was repainted when she bought the car. Just want to know what’s reasonable if to put a car on autotrader or newspaper. Thanks
Old 12-05-2004, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Byndes
I have a very weird problem. Can somebody suggest what a F1 tiers only and fog lights. Dealer that serviced the car (still under warranty) offered 6500$ with all the extras. What do you think? Very clean car, clean title no accidents just stuck bumper has some scratches on it from when she hit neighbors car and front fender was repainted when she bought the car. Just want to know what’s reasonable if to put a car on autotrader or newspaper. Thanks

Your mom has a nice Maxima. 4th Gen 5speeds prices have really plummeted a trade in price from a dealer of $6.5K is pretty goody considering on paper the car is probably not worth that much (blue book) If your SC is working properly you should be able to get atleast $2.5K here. I don't think you could yield much better than $6.5K on autotrader either even with all the goods, especially this time of year.
Old 12-05-2004, 05:32 PM

yes i think its good offer. do u think i should try autotrader?
Old 12-05-2004, 05:37 PM

I wouldn't sell that one according to Kelly Blue book or NADA. Your mom seems to love her Maxima. I would find an enthusiat that would appreciate what has been done to it and sell it for a little bit more. That is just my .02. I paid a little over $5k for mine ealier this year becuase it was in great shape and I caught a deal. The dealerships here in Florida are still trying to sell the Gen IV's for around $10k.

Good Luck to your Mom

-Nate