4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Body Shop Messed Up.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 01:59 PM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Body Shop Messed Up.

Took my car to a body Shop, I don't want to post their name on here yet. I dropped my car on Mon Dec 6. Car was promised to be ready on Thursday the 9th. The work was to Fix both quarter panels, and paint and blend the two rear door and the bumper. I had big Dent on the left Quarter Panel, and minor dent on the right Quarter Panel. I went to the body shop yesterday and they told me the car is not ready because of the rain. He said do I want to see the car, and I said sure. I was all happy and excited to see my car fixed. I walk to my car they parked it out side. It was raining and my hood was not closed all the way. That was the first thing I saw that kind of pissed me off. Then i look around the car and I notice a big scratch in front of my car a Scratch that was not there when I dropped off my car. Next thing they tell me, my both rear window switches is broken. I was like what do you mean. They said it was broken when I dropped off my car. The owner tells me, no we called you regarding of that. I said when you called me you never mentioned anything about that. I called them on Friday they told me it was broken, My car was dropped of to them on Monday, they told me on Friday it was broken, right around the time they put everything back together. They took the rear door panels off to do something for the painting. I'm not sure why. Also, the rear molding for the rear window its all messed up. the molding that sits on the door where window goes down, and the molding that goes around the small windows where everyone put their maxima.org stickers. Both of those molding got Shrinked up, do to the extreme heat they used on it, to pull them off before painting. I am going there tomorrow morning to take pictures. If anyone knows any recommendation that I can use on them please let me know. I am spending $1,400 for everything, that will equal to 6 payments for my car, I don't want to spend money to buy two switches for rear window and new molding for my doors. I don't even know if there anything else wrong. I told the guy i want everything to be fixed up. The owner said he will take care of it for me, but he did not mention he would replace any parts. I am also going to take a tape recorder with me and my digital camera.
Sorry this was long, but I need some team work here, two Brian is better then one. Fell free to come up with ideas Thanks in advance.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:13 PM
Jedi Knight

Well the first thing you need to do is take the pictures, then I would contact a lawyer, cause you definately have a case here. If the shop is unwilling to take care of the situation outside of court, then you do what you have to do to protect yourself financially.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by nupe500
Well the first thing you need to do is take the pictures, then I would contact a lawyer, cause you definately have a case here. If the shop is unwilling to take care of the situation outside of court, then you do what you have to do to protect yourself financially.
Thank you for your response, I hope there would be a way I can not pay for the lawyer because that will cost me money as well.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

SO is it done or are they still workin on it? I would wait and see how it turns out. I do bodywork and i perfer not to let people see what is going on cause all you should be worried about is the finished product. The scratches I understand, the window switches sound like they are unplugged.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:29 PM
Jedi Knight

I hear ya on the lawyer costing money, usually the threat of a lawyer will get a response, you can also report them to the BBB and use your pictures as evidence...
Old 12-12-2004, 02:36 PM

I took my car to a shop to get my front end aligned and i got a call back saying they couldn't do it because of my front bumper being to low. (I had a skyline bumper with no drop) I get my car back noticed its cracked to high hell and it goes in to my fenders. They said " oh it came in like this". Nonetheless i got screwed.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by TILLEYS99
SO is it done or are they still workin on it? I would wait and see how it turns out. I do bodywork and i perfer not to let people see what is going on cause all you should be worried about is the finished product. The scratches I understand, the window switches sound like they are unplugged.
The body work looks ok, But like i said it was rainy day, i could not see it very good. He said the car is 95% done because it just came out of the Heating room. something like that. The owner seems to be cool, one of the employee I guess the guy who is in charge of the body shop work and stuff, he is the guy giving me problems. I was there at wed, and he told me the molding might break and I have to buy a new one. I did not understand that. Then On friday he told me my switches are broken, I was there yesterday and i looked at the swtich in rear left door they actually put it in upside down. I did not pay them yet. So I am going to waite until they get that stuff fixed up, I don't want to pay for new molding or switches. The owner took out the switch that was put in wrong and i saw that it was pluged in. I don't know what they did to it, but they are not getting any power.
Thanks for the comment.
Old 12-12-2004, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by nupe500
I hear ya on the lawyer costing money, usually the threat of a lawyer will get a response, you can also report them to the BBB and use your pictures as evidence...
Thanks, I guess that could work, I know if they see me taking pictures they would not be happy. I don't eve know lf they let to the back taking pictures.
Old 12-12-2004, 04:34 PM
Bring it B*tch!

Location: Queenz, nYc CarClub: NYCMAXIMAS.ORG Website: www.ChinoX.net
Hmmm long island?!?! I got (#*$&@)%(&@ over big time by a Bodyshop out there I hope it wasn't All Around Towing & Collision!
Old 12-12-2004, 06:49 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

was it macco?
Old 12-12-2004, 07:11 PM
lefty

I would ask them what their procecures are in taking off pannels and if they have any equipment in their shop that produces the high heat etc.. that would cause the shrkinkgae.

Look at how they do things and analyze it.

Old 12-13-2004, 03:24 PM
VK56 Inside

FYI, if you take a recorder, make sure you get them on tape saying its ok to record the convo. You cant use an illegally recorded convo in a court.

Dub
Old 12-13-2004, 03:27 PM

similiar problem happened to me.....take their *** to the better business bureau....and then to court...thats what i'm doing at least and i've already won the cause through the BBB and now i'm just waiting for papers from the BBB
Old 12-13-2004, 03:50 PM
Lives in a 11sec maxima

Originally Posted by Dubbya
FYI, if you take a recorder, make sure you get them on tape saying its ok to record the convo. You cant use an illegally recorded convo in a court.

Dub
I was gonna say that but i wasnt positive if that was true.