4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Question I havent seen anyone ask

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 09:27 PM

Question I havent seen anyone ask

I'm not lowered so, I was just wondering how often are you guys bottoming out? (W/ your 1.5-2 inch drops) Which leads to my next questions, How long have you been lowered? Any pics from underneath? Seems like everyone here is dropped......
-J-
Old 12-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am curious too, because my exhaust tips hit the ground alot when i am backing out of certain driveways.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:03 PM
Always sunny in philly

im dropped close to 1.9", and i never bottom out. You just gotta take it easy, and learn to drive it lowered.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:18 PM
I need a truck

Lowered ~1.5" and I never bottom out. Angles are everyones friend
Old 12-15-2004, 10:30 PM
This is a democracy

i scrape my exhaust tip on a buddies drive way, theres no way around that one, except stop going up it, but like nismotic said, im learning to drive and park again, slow on sh|tty roads, and always pulling up short on parking blocks so when i put on my Stillen lip in Feb. i dont rip it off the first time i park somewhere
Old 12-16-2004, 06:40 AM

I'm lowered 2" and there are only two places where I can bottom out. There is steep dip where I pull out of the parking lot from work, if I hit it more than 5mph I bottom out. Or there is an intersection that has a bump sign and recommended speed of 30mph. If I cross the intersection at 60mph I softly bottom ( I worked up to that speed, I didn't just go that fast).

I never hit my muffler of front bumper. I always watch out for steep driveways. Just gotta hit them at an angle.
Old 12-16-2004, 06:48 AM

I have H&R springs and am pleased with the amount of lowering overall. If the car were much lower it might be scraping on parking lot curbs and whatnot. Also, there would not be enough suspension travel for everyday driving on the roads around here.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:36 AM

You live in va, there is plenty of nice roads everywhere around. Im from Ric so I don't want to hear that. And I have H&R's and the drop sucks! Im going on 99k miles with these springs. I have some s-tech's to replace them so Im just waiting on the struts now. Northern va no diff than Ric va in terms of driving conditions
Old 12-16-2004, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by vortechpower
You live in va, there is plenty of nice roads everywhere around. Im from Ric so I don't want to hear that. And I have H&R's and the drop sucks! Im going on 99k miles with these springs. I have some s-tech's to replace them so Im just waiting on the struts now. Northern va no diff than Ric va in terms of driving conditions
Why do you think the drop sucks?

There are plenty of good roads here in VA, but DC has some roads that resemble the surface of the moon. I drive on some country roads and dirt roads, too, from time to time.

If you're from Richmond, good for you, I guess. But please don't assume too much about where I drive my car, OK? You're so narrow-minded you could see through a keyhole with both eyes...
Old 12-16-2004, 08:30 AM

I thought about lowering it, but with the road condition in nyc. I'll pass on this one. Try driving in NYC FDR with a 2" drop and a kit. You won't be a happy camper after that. A warning to everyone with a drop and a kit. Don't come to nyc after winter. You'll be sorry.
Old 12-16-2004, 11:46 AM

Sorry, you were sounding like such a little biatch I had to jump in. F@ck you and your key hole. Narrow minded my a$$

Oh, the drop sucks because it is very uneven. The springs are too soft for any real performance. I guess I have had them long enough. I am not saying yours are bad for you. Just that navigating the streets of "nova" can't be too rugged with what you have.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:11 PM

yea im from ny well im on the island but i often go to the city and it does suck with a 2 inch drop but u really have to watch out and you will be ok but i dont have a kit and i could just imagine what that would be like.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:14 PM

Nismotic (especially) Cuz in some of your early pics before your stillen kit ur front ends' lookin slammed, Conrad and Vortech got nice drops too.

You guys are tellin me that underneath ur cars theres NO scrapes/dents in oil pans, exhaust pipes ect. whatsoever anywhere? I mostly mean Mechanical, Not cosmetics like kits.
Old 12-16-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by vortechpower
Sorry, you were sounding like such a little biatch I had to jump in. F@ck you and your key hole. Narrow minded my a$$

Oh, the drop sucks because it is very uneven. The springs are too soft for any real performance. I guess I have had them long enough. I am not saying yours are bad for you. Just that navigating the streets of "nova" can't be too rugged with what you have.
I said you were narrow-minded because you must think everybody has to agree with you or they deserve to be slammed. I was trying to make a little joke out of it. Lighten up!

Somebody asked for personal experiences with lowering, I tried to contribute. Now, you couldn't resist launching a little personal attack and that somehow makes me "a little biatch". Turn your head around because I think you're seeing things backwards.

The H&Rs, combined with the Illuminas on 3 or 4, are a good compromise of ride and handling for me and a lot of other people on the org. I don't need to try to make the Maxima into a sports car, I already have one of those. The Max is my daily driver. If you try to lower the Maxima too much, you don't have enough suspension travel and the ride gets uncomfortable. Not what I want in my daily driver. I don't care about dropping my car into the weeds because I'm not after looks. I wanted something that looks like it could have come from the factory. Your mileage may vary and that's fine with me.
Old 12-16-2004, 04:39 PM

Ask my oil pan and cross member
Old 12-16-2004, 05:04 PM

I had Sprints, roughly a 2" drop in the front and rear. I have scraped the car a few times (less than 5), but wear does show on my front crossmember and my cat heatshield.
-Cyrus
Old 12-16-2004, 07:14 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

With Eibachs I used to scrape my exhaust over speed bumps because of the S pipe that makes the B pipe hang low. I beat the living **** out of my LudaLip too. Ive smashed the muffler tip on a drive way and hit the cross member on a steep hill 2x with Intrax. Then I riced out and cut the Intrax had had to drive some slow...but no scraping. Its all in how you drive. I'm stock for the winter .
Old 12-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Jacked Up off MountainDew

i have H&R 1.5" and STOCK Resonator....so once in a while, ill go into a parking lot with a pretty steep (IMO) entrance/exit and there will be no opportunity to angle the car. Therefore you hear the resonator being scratched. O Well....Stock Resonator=Quiet
Old 12-20-2004, 11:12 AM
Paradox Systems Vendor

im in NYC and have the 1.5 eibach drop stillen lip finished drying today, i pick up tomorrow, i dont think im putting it on til spring, im putting down wooden planks on my driveway at that time, or cementing it, cuz thats the only place i scrap no matter wut.... i have to kick ppl out the car before i go up or down the driveway....and i hate when ppl park so close to the driveway so the only way i can go in is straight ahead, it pisses me off....so i gotta paint it yellow... and extend it.....

car is pissing me off lately (bubble in tire) and now i think im getting a tiny anti freeze leak somewhere, just a tiny bit smokey under the hood.....i may just put her away for the winter and get in my step fathers car again for the beater and/or use the MTA