4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

about stillen's camber plates

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2001, 10:37 PM

I'm shocked, just went to the Stillen website to check how much the camber plates cost, and you know what it says?! $369!!! why is it so much? I remembered reading somewhere in here that it is about $240 or something like that. Any idea to why the price is so much? Does it really cost that much to make something like that? Or its probably just a premium, cause of the name "Stillen". Damn, is there any other company that makes camber plates? I want to get plates because I want to assemble everything together, getting Koni's and GC soon, and would like to make the whole process of installing it like "plug-n-play". Its a pain compressing the springs to remove the top hat. And as for the rears, its alot easier than the fronts.
Old 04-21-2001, 11:12 PM

Originally posted by danny's_max
I'm shocked, just went to the Stillen website to check how much the camber plates cost, and you know what it says?! $369!!! why is it so much? I remembered reading somewhere in here that it is about $240 or something like that. Any idea to why the price is so much? Does it really cost that much to make something like that? Or its probably just a premium, cause of the name "Stillen". Damn, is there any other company that makes camber plates? I want to get plates because I want to assemble everything together, getting Koni's and GC soon, and would like to make the whole process of installing it like "plug-n-play". Its a pain compressing the springs to remove the top hat. And as for the rears, its alot easier than the fronts.
They'll probably be cheaper if you call them and talk to a sales representative. They can usually cut you a deal. There is another company called Ingalls that makes camber plates and has one for the Maxima. You can get it at www.lightningmotorsports.com for 23 dollars I think. But they are only adjustable 1 degrees, whereas the Stillen is adjustable up to 3 i believe. Some of the members suggested just using some 1/2 inch bolts which would be alot cheaper. Hope this helps...
Old 04-22-2001, 10:28 AM

Ingalls sells camber bolts, not camber plates. The bolts replace one of the two bolts at the bottom of the strut.

FWIW, my front-end mechanic said he hates the camber plates; he says they are a real PITA to adjust.
Old 04-22-2001, 10:54 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

The camber bolts are the way to go -- very low cost ---