4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Car Totalled

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 09:40 PM

Car Totalled

My car got hit on the west side highway today from the rear at about 30-40mph by a jeep liberty. The rear part on the right of the car is pretty much non existant anymore. If i get a total loss clear, depending on how much the repair will be, i will decide on whether i part it out. Will post pics later, good evening.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:43 PM

sorry to hear this... hope you had your winter tires on there and not those murano rims. if the hit was that bad, and your body is warped, they will probably make it a total loss...

glad i stayed off the west side highway today... i was on the fdr instead.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:57 PM
This is a democracy

sorry to hear, hope all turns out well
Old 01-08-2005, 10:18 PM

That really sucks. I know what it's like to lose a car. I've had it happen a couple times.

This is going to sound really unsympathetic, but please don't take it like that...

if it gets parted out, can I have the front bumper cover and both front fenders? I need them for my car and I have been having such trouble finding them and with yours being a 96 deep evergreen SE like mine, that would be perfect.

Again, sorry to hear about it and hope everything works out well for you.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:25 PM

Sorry to hear that man. The West Side HWY sucks. Especially how the lights work. If your car needs about 80% value of the car, the insurance will mark it totalled.
Old 01-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ouch that really sux!!! all that matters is that you are all right and not hurt...i was in a crazy accident two years ago where a guy ran a stop sign at like 70 mph and swiped me from the right taking half the front off and if i was going a bit faster he would have hit my door and.... anyways hope everything turns out well for you!

and if you do end up parting out your car, please let me know, im interested in the right fender
Old 01-09-2005, 02:17 AM

Damn and to think I actually prefer the west side highway over the FDR...
Old 01-09-2005, 02:35 AM

well unfortunately he hit me with enough force to send me flying into the car in front of me, therefore the bumper cover is definately gone, the fenders are salvageable but not perfect.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:50 AM

If I was you claim your neck is starting to hurt, go to the doctor get it checked (even if it doesnt hurt) just to show proof that you went to get it checked. Sue the basterd for a good amount, Sell your car for parts get more money that way, then! with the rest of your money you can buy a really modded maxima or just something else more to your taste. Hope your ok. I forgot you hit the person infront of you so how does that work? does the person who hit you pay for both cars? well think about it..
Old 01-09-2005, 06:13 AM

shiet that sucks, you sound pretty calm though. btw dont say your neck hurts cause there going to send you for therapy for a COUPLE OF MONTHS and YOU WILL HAVE TO GO, and you will also have to pay. and you will barely get anything if they find out you hve no broken bones.[happened to alot of my friends, went to therapy from getting hit by a car while walking and only got 1500 dollars.] just make sure his company has insurance and give you enuff money to buy 2 maximas
Old 01-09-2005, 06:28 AM

I personally tend to look down on people who fake injuries and stuff with accidents just to work the system and get money. I'm pretty sour to it since some biatch did it to me once and it made me so mad because I remembered how nice of a person she seemed at the time of the accident. She wanted some rediculous amount for some faked injuries and her husband wanted $5000 for "lost consortism" (aka - no sex).

So just to throw in my 2 cents, I wouldn't go suing anyone unnecessarily.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by bullfrog
I personally tend to look down on people who fake injuries and stuff with accidents just to work the system and get money. I'm pretty sour to it since some biatch did it to me once and it made me so mad because I remembered how nice of a person she seemed at the time of the accident. She wanted some rediculous amount for some faked injuries and her husband wanted $5000 for "lost consortism" (aka - no sex).

yeah, its people who fake injury that taint the legal system. then when it happens to them, they come crying on how much BS the other person is putting them through... get a life. if you want money, work harder...
Old 01-09-2005, 07:33 AM
sunten1

sorry man hope our next car is a max

Old 01-09-2005, 11:04 PM

Keep ur head up at least you are safe your baby can be fixed or replaced. We know the sentimental value of our cars but we gotta let them go sometime. Don't feel bad I lost it on the Belt Pkwy by Erskine 11/03, I finally got back on the road this weekend with my new baby. Good Luck.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:00 PM

after 4 days of of my own investigating i finally found the guy and his insurance company. After the adjuster comes, ill let you guys know how it goes and if i keep the car i will part it or sell it as a whole. IVe been offered $1,500 for it as a whole so far, well we'll see what happens.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:10 PM
tastey wheat

Originally Posted by bullfrog

+1000. I rear-ended (and i say rear-ended ligthly) a lady in one of my old cars like 2 years ago, and immidiatlely after the accident the woman asked the cop for directions to the mall, and she is sued the crap out of me, for back pains or some junk like that. And i know that sometimes the pains show up later, but i barely bumped her..the only thing wrong with her Accord was the paint scratches. Don't try to cheat the system, what goes around comes around.

Anyways sorry to hear about your car man, at least you're okay.. your next car will be even cooler than that max, im sure.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:13 PM
VQ Disciple

Dang, sorry to hear that man. So what you gonna do now? Get another Max or move on?
Old 01-12-2005, 05:55 PM

Sorry to hear about the car man, I don't know if you remember but I bought the front lip from you. Sorry for what happened. Hope everything works out and the insurance pays for the value of the car.

For those of you who are suggesting he fakes and starts suing people, consider yourselves involved in an accident where you weren't paying attention and it's your fault. The person fakes injuries and sues the hell out of you, how would you feel then. It's from people like you that insurance premiums are so high.
Old 01-12-2005, 06:38 PM

Nah I dont want anything more than im entitled to, im not hurt therefore no injury money will be expected for me but i do want my car to be paid for and all my equipment in the trunk that he ruined, I have pics.

Hi NYC Maxima, I see that lip is looking real good.

Old 01-12-2005, 06:39 PM

www.totaledmax.org

Enjoy your next car

I wish that was my car
Old 01-12-2005, 06:40 PM

a few more pics here
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/331359/4
Old 01-12-2005, 06:43 PM

dayumnmmm that car is fed up sorry bout that bro
Old 01-12-2005, 07:06 PM

Sorry To See A Max Like That. When I Got My Max I Had It Two Months The Last Week Of Driving It To Work Because I Got My Transfer To New York (manhat) And Could Now Ride The Train A Wise Man Cut Me Off. 1800 Later I Was Ok Again So I Was Lucky. If And A Strong If They Total It Does It Have Leather Or Heated And I Need An Driver Side Mirror And Please Get Another Max Keep It Real I Luv My 96 Black Max With A Few Mods
Old 01-12-2005, 07:34 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

damn that shtty. I feel you man, my accident was very similar to yours actually its identical (not as much rear end as you though). It cost my insurance like $8k to fix it. Good luck.
Old 01-12-2005, 07:45 PM
Hooooooonda.....

They probably will total it if you get a good appraiser. This is my old car,

Same damage but on the other side and mine had no frame damage, yours does from the looks of it. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LET THE APPRAISER SCREW YOU OVER. The labor hours he put down for my car were retarded, jobs that all mechanics I asked would take 8+ hours, the appraiser put down as 2hrs. In the end the car was like $1k short of being totaled. Funny part no shop would touch it unless the insurance company sent them another $2k which would make the car totaled but the insurance company would send them the $2k anyway without totaling the car. Anyway, be carefull of what the INS company *******s do.
Old 01-12-2005, 08:12 PM

ahhh... sorry to hear that man.... good thing your alright and safe. Yeah, dont try faking the injury... they catch alot of people with insurance fraud... and then our insurance rates go up... take care and good luck
Old 01-12-2005, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
Also realize that most of the replies you got are because you're a girl, pretty one at that . Your boyfriend scares me.
Hes a guy... trust me, I know him...
Old 01-12-2005, 08:26 PM

damn bro im sorry
Old 01-12-2005, 08:39 PM
Always sunny in philly

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
Hes a guy... trust me, I know him...

thats because his gf hijacked his cardomain.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:05 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Don't I feel like a dumbass. That scrungy around the shifter kinda threw me off. Either way, he looks scary.
Old 01-12-2005, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ant96GLE
www.totaledmax.org

Enjoy your next car

I wish that was my car
Why would you want that to be your car? I dont care if they give me $8,000, i had so many memories with that car, it still ran perfectly (matter fact it still doesnt now i just cant leave it outside), and it has a lot of sentimental value to me. Even if they do total it which im pretty sure they will, I would rather this had never happend and i would still be driving my baby.

Originally Posted by DAVE SZ
They probably will total it if you get a good appraiser. This is my old car,

Same damage but on the other side and mine had no frame damage, yours does from the looks of it. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T LET THE APPRAISER SCREW YOU OVER. The labor hours he put down for my car were retarded, jobs that all mechanics I asked would take 8+ hours, the appraiser put down as 2hrs. In the end the car was like $1k short of being totaled. Funny part no shop would touch it unless the insurance company sent them another $2k which would make the car totaled but the insurance company would send them the $2k anyway without totaling the car. Anyway, be carefull of what the INS company *******s do.

Also realize that most of the replies you got are because you're a girl, pretty one at that . Your boyfriend scares me.
Damn that is is pretty similar, how the bumper went up and in, in fact i thought that was my car for a second then i realized the saw blades and the left side. Mine is deeper as my impact is almost at the rear door and yours didnt reach the fuel door. Besides i have front damage too because the impact sent me flying, my windshield washer resevoir is gone too.

And yes, as most people know, my fiancee has hijacked my cardomain, cell phone and all else i own. Im whipped and i admit it
Old 01-12-2005, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by DAVE Sz
Don't I feel like a dumbass. That scrungy around the shifter kinda threw me off. Either way, he looks scary.
Thats cause she drives my car too, even though she has 2 of her own both of which are WAYY better than mine, and WTF you mean i look scary?
Old 01-12-2005, 09:23 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Gangster like. Your face looks pissed. Don't worry, I'm like that all the time too, I look like I'm about to kill someone.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:45 PM

Well i went to three shops today who all told me the car is totalled, therefore i will be parting it out. I will add a link when i set up the thread. Good day
Old 01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
I'm needing a caw

Certified. Even though you feel okay, please make an appointment with a doctor to get checked. And keep the case open for 1-2 months. Just to make sure nothing creeps up. Usually someone else from the ins company will contact you and ask if you are "okay". ie.. to close that part of the case. But just say "I have another appointment with the doc next month". After 1-2 months, if you truely feel okay, then you can sign off. Or in my case, they offered me about $450 just to close it. But by that time I was pretty sure I was okay. $450 is hardly working the system either.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Certified. Even though you feel okay, please make an appointment with a doctor to get checked. And keep the case open for 1-2 months. Just to make sure nothing creeps up. Usually someone else from the ins company will contact you and ask if you are "okay". ie.. to close that part of the case. But just say "I have another appointment with the doc next month". After 1-2 months, if you truely feel okay, then you can sign off. Or in my case, they offered me about $450 just to close it. But by that time I was pretty sure I was okay. $450 is hardly working the system either.
Sounds good, ill keep that in mind, thanks.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:56 PM

The ins company will probably want to take the car after they pay me for it or let me keep it but subtract the salvage value. Should i sell it to someone as a whole or just give it to the INs if they ask for it? I dont really feel like parting it as i have no where to store it
Old 01-16-2005, 01:19 AM

since your parting it out, think I can get the lipton brisk in the trunk
Old 01-16-2005, 12:58 PM

too late, i had a tailgate party the other night.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:27 AM

OK car is now available for sale or parts, http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....31#post3586131

Quick Reply: Car Totalled