4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I just bought my 98 SE

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just bought my 98 SE

My name is Matt and I just got my Maxima right before X-mas and I'm am looking to do some light mods nothing to high-priced but just some little things to let everyone know its me and my maxima when I pull up @ school or work or wherever so if anyone has any suggestions for my first couple purchases let me know. I already have a Pioneer head uint, an amp, and a 10" but my girlfriend is getting me another 10" for my b-day so sound is covered.
Old 01-22-2005, 10:42 PM

Please don't be like the some of the users here and try to turn your maxima into a racecar. You'll be here a month from now wondering why your tranny is blown at that rate. Maximize it's beauty, that's what it's made for. maybe grab some tokico shocks/springs and lower it about 1.5 inches. The 7'' microvision screen conversion would be nice. 17 - 18'' wheels. Maybe clear corners better fogs. Look around, you'll start to grasp an idea of what you want to do. I'm new myself, but welcome to the org, enjoy your stay!
Old 01-23-2005, 02:16 AM

im thinkin what youre thinking man, i just bought mine stock 4 days ago.
i want to get rid of the yellow turn signals and also get Xenon super white headlamp and foglights. ive been looking here .......... at what theyve got. just for starters ill do lighting i think. its cheap. subtle, u know. ^^
give you any ideas?
Old 01-23-2005, 02:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

some headlight options are the cefiro headlights.. i have a discounted special for maxima.org members for 215 shipped for the pair in black or chrome housing !
Old 01-23-2005, 03:27 AM

ok, you're a teenager with a girlfriend and a 4th gen maxima. why are you trying to impress people? unless the girlfriend is a cover up... but seriously, there's more important things in the world than impressing people at school. isn't the girl and the car enough for you? who cares what other people think? i guess i'm just different. but get a system and modify your car because you want to, not because you want to be cool. be cool with your personality, not your stupid car.
Old 01-23-2005, 03:49 AM

When I first bought my car, I just did the basic mods. Put on Clear front turn signals, changed the bulbs, put a intake in place of the factor airbox intake. There are many little things that you can do and not spend a arm & a leg doing it. Maybe find someone that is willing to part w/ their 01 factory rims and make a trade. I didn't start really modding my '98 until this past year. Good luck w/ whatever you do as maximas look good either way.
Old 01-23-2005, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Fekz
Please don't be like the some of the users here and try to turn your maxima into a racecar. You'll be here a month from now wondering why your tranny is blown at that rate. Maximize it's beauty, that's what it's made for. maybe grab some tokico shocks/springs and lower it about 1.5 inches. The 7'' microvision screen conversion would be nice. 17 - 18'' wheels. Maybe clear corners better fogs. Look around, you'll start to grasp an idea of what you want to do. I'm new myself, but welcome to the org, enjoy your stay!
hmmmm...we obviously know what your motives are, but why talk about speed driven Maxima owners the way you are? These cars are a very good platform to start out on -- an engine with an already respectable power/tq levels that has been shown to withstand the stress of turbocharging/supercharging/nitrous oxide and put down great hp and track numbers to boot.
Tranny blowing? He stated he didn't want to spend too much, so no mods that he does will put that amount of pressure on the tranny. At any rate, look at the faq's (modification faq specifically) to find out the basics. Y-pipe, intake, cat-back, ecu, whatever. To me, spending money on TV's in cars doesn't appeal TO ME, but I don't bash on it. As far as making your presence known, a good choice in cat-back exhaust will do the trick.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:10 PM

So your telling him not to get any performance mods at all and get all ricer mods. Then he might as well get a civic, easier to mod and a hell of a lot cheaper. The maxima is awesome because of how quick it is, go for as much performance as possible.
Old 01-23-2005, 05:21 PM

Welcome to the org.
If you want your friends to know that its you when you pull up at school, you might as well get green headlights with red nozzle lights. If you want something that'll look nice:
Hyper white bulbs -approx $20 from ebay
Stock fog lights
Clear front bumper lens - approx $25 from ebay

Disconnect the lights that are next to the headlights and the front side markers since you'll end up wasting your money on buying the bulbs for them and trying to match them.(run-on)