4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Couldnt resist posting this kill...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 04:16 AM

I just finished installing my RSB tonight(man is it awesome)and so me and my friend who helped install it decide to go out for a little run down a nearby canyon. As we're driving to the spot, a kid in a silver Pontiac grand am pulls up along side of me. The car is tinted and sounds like it has some sort of intake and possibly exhaust. I think nothing of it and continue the conversation I was having with my friend. I look up from talking and notice the guy in the grand am is staring at me--perhaps its the noise from my exhaust(its gotten kinda loud since I installed the y-pipe)that has upset him. Then out of nowhere I hear noise from the grand am's engine as the owner has obviously downshifted and is begining to pull on me. I give him a head start(about half a car length)and then decide to pursue. At the start of the race we are doing approximatley 40mp/h down a surface street. Initially it seems like it might be a close race he seemed very confident in his ride and I havnt ran the max in close to a year. Unfortunatly for him 2nd gear took hold with a quickness in my baby. Before I had even hit 65 I had pulled almost three car lengths on him. At this point my friend and I began to laugh uncontrolably. I tried to be a gracious winner but I couldnt help but laugh at him as he came up next to me at the next light. Maybe it was the confused look on his face...

brighter dayz
Old 04-28-2001, 05:13 PM
PimpMax

Hmmmm, I dont really know what to say about this. You gave him a car length lead and then pulled 3 car lengths on him from 40-65. So you gained 3.5 car lengths on him in 25mph? I find this pretty hard to believe!!! The Grand AM's arent that slow especially with intake and exhaust. I believe you can beat him but I doubt you can pull that much on him in that short of time. Later

Old 04-28-2001, 05:32 PM

It was shocking to me as well. Thats why I posted it. My buddy who was in the car with me was the one who told me the grand am had fallen ALMOST 3 cars behind me. Oh yeah and speeds are approximate I was concentrating more on the tach and the road than the speedo. Perhaps he just didnt know how to drive?? but in that case i wonder why he would be challenging me. At any rate I figure hell be thinking long and hard before messing with any max's in the future.. hehe

Take Care