4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Keeping my 96, few ?'s though

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:13 AM
Doin' it 4 da shorteez

Keeping my 96, few ?'s though

I am currently in Iraq saving up my money, I had originally planned on trading my baby in for an 03 but have now decided to keep my 96. She is almost at 146k and I know she has many more good years in front of her. Questions, I had the Skyline front end installed last year, I took it as a sign from above that He did not like it so I was in my first ever accident not even 5 months after getting it installed. It was a very minor accident but since I was not planning on it like my brain dead self usually doesnt plan, I went cheap and got the fiberglass bumper so basically it has a nice size dent in it. After the accident my car started to feel more bumpy than usual at 40+ MPH, I still have the stock suspension unfortunatly and that is on top of my list to get upgraded when I get back, could the bumping be from that or possibly damage to the body from the accident? Second question, anyone with 150k+ miles, what types of things do you do to help preserve the life of your Max's? And finally, I have CAI but with the rains in southern Texas the last several years I am thinking of maybe pulling it back. I already sucked up a little water once, I do not plan on doing it again, I have been able to get rides to work from co-workers but it is a little bit of a hassle, I have tried to switch it to a WAI but the rubber housing that attaches the tubes seem to have melted onto the tubes. Anyone know of a good way to deal with this, I tried using anything flat, like knives and screwdrivers, but like I said, It has thoroughly melted to the tubes. But hey, I am looking up and looking further to more great days with my 96! Thanks all!