4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Driver Window ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2001, 08:55 PM
Maxima Princess

Ok here's the deal...I went to unlock my car today and I had the windows about 1/4 rolled down..as I unlocked the car the driver window dropped about 1 inch...I saw it drop because I have that Karr security sticker on my window & I saw it drop...Now if I pull up on the window there is a little play, not to much, about an inch or two ...is this normal? I left it rolled down and measured it on my way home and it dropped (From all the movement I assume) about 1/2 inch...
I know this isn't normal..it can't be. So anyone have any thoughts? Is something loose? I thought of my regulator first, but if that broke my window would be screwed completely, its rolls up and down just fine & doesn't make any noise..
Am I just being paranoid

I have to take it to the dealership next friday for a wheel balance, and i'm trying to make a list of other things I want them to check out. So let me know of any ideas. TIA
Old 05-02-2001, 09:09 PM

Is the window dropping like theres nothing holding it, or is it dropping like it normally does when you roll down the window automatically??? I only ask this because a lot of people (i don't know if you know) don't know that if you hold down the unlock button the front window rolls down,

hence if you were pressing the unlock button a couple times in a row it tends to do that .... At least that's how I discovered it ...

Also, I've never worked on maxima's windows, but from cars I've seen that have the problem with the window falling, its been this cheap little metal clip that has fallen out, so I wouldn't worry about it ... Although now that I say that I realize that I've never 'played with/worked on' an automatic window before ....

-Nate
Old 05-02-2001, 09:21 PM

My window fell a couple weeks ago, because the rubber in the window motor, ripped and got jammed. I hope that helps
Old 05-02-2001, 09:57 PM
Maxima Princess

Originally posted by nforg
Is the window dropping like theres nothing holding it, or is it dropping like it normally does when you roll down the window automatically??? I only ask this because a lot of people (i don't know if you know) don't know that if you hold down the unlock button the front window rolls down,

hence if you were pressing the unlock button a couple times in a row it tends to do that .... At least that's how I discovered it ..

-Nate
hmmm well i was walking up to my car and i pushed the unlock button...i may have pushed it like 3 times because i counln't hear if it had unlocked or not....so that may have been it...but it only rolled down about 2 inches or so...wouldn't it have kept on going?
I guess i just gotta keep an eye on it..
Old 05-02-2001, 10:06 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Hmm....make them fix it!
Old 05-02-2001, 10:15 PM

The window will stop rolling down if you hit the button again so that could have been it, but why not have them look at it since its under warranty, make them do it. Take Care!!!
Old 05-02-2001, 10:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

The window rolls down as long as you keep your finger on the button, so if you pressed it like 3 times, that probably just let the window roll down a little bit. Probably nothing to worry about.
Old 05-03-2001, 07:29 AM
Maxima Princess

Originally posted by Weasel
The window rolls down as long as you keep your finger on the button, so if you pressed it like 3 times, that probably just let the window roll down a little bit. Probably nothing to worry about.
I'm thinking that's what happened. But is it normal to have a little play in the window to where I would be able to pull it up about 1 - 1 1/2 Inches? I will have the stealers check it out anyways.
Old 05-03-2001, 06:43 PM

Yea I saw that part after I re-read this post, and uh no you shouldn't be able to pull up your window by hand at all,..

but yea that rolling down the windows things will kill you when your in the rain and you press it a bunch to unlock then the window goes down some so rain drips in, try to avoid that

-Nate

Originally posted by Sarah99GXE

I'm thinking that's what happened. But is it normal to have a little play in the window to where I would be able to pull it up about 1 - 1 1/2 Inches? I will have the stealers check it out anyways.