4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

cheap mods for loudness

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 05:37 PM

That was my earlier point, lol!
Old 03-16-2005, 05:39 PM

i want something that i can rev in neutral, and just cruising, that will make my car more loud
funny site here: http://www.goingfaster.com/spo/you_m..._ricer_if.html

people like dayglo should check this out and maybe it'll put back sum sense into him.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Always sunny in philly

I wanted a fart can back when i was 17...that was when doing ricer drive bys past clubs was the ****.

im too old for this ****.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:12 PM

If you want loud forget the engine and just get some cheap subs and an amp to power them loosen the trunk lid up and lay the subs in there. It will **** everyone off! Then park in front of a police station for a few minutes with it playing as loud as it will. Or not.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nismotic
I wanted a fart can back when i was 17...that was when doing ricer drive bys past clubs was the ****.

im too old for this ****.

lol i got my car when i was 16 and i never did that shiet!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

slow down and wait for people to blow past on the street,
roll down the windows, and just start screaming.. "RAHHHH!!!! (breathe) RAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (breathe)..."

actually, have you considered driving your car off a bridge? you'd probably scare a whole lot more innocent bystanders that way than any exhaust mod would.
Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 PM

"RAHHH!!!" been doing that for 3 years, works well paired with a y-pipe, perfect tone
Old 03-16-2005, 08:19 PM

Let me get this straight.

In a forum where every other post is "how many LED's can I wire to my dash", or "what do you think of my new ricetastic tezzas or busted-*** projectors"....

A guy wants a loud exhaust and gets flamed???

No cat-back is gonna give you any sort of performance. I replaced mine just because it was rusted.

This guy wants a loud exhaust. So? I bet it's not any louder than mine or anyone with an aftermarket exhaust. You sure aren't gonna gain any performance #'s with just an exhaust - so by proxy of this logic, any N/A maxima with anything else than stock exhaust is rice?

To the guy who posted the topic:

Go pick out a muffler that you like, take it to a exhaust shop, and tell them you want it loud. A straight pipe will be nuts, or you could try an electric cut-out for half the price of a decent muffler / axle back.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by ManualMaxima
what has the org come to......alll i ask is why?
Yeah seriously- Why?
Old 03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
Old Maxima Legend

Old 03-16-2005, 10:28 PM

dude i took my muffler off before i swithced and its soo anoying i had ram air intake for a while but it buged the **** out of me after like 3 months. everyone was disapointed that i took it of cause it sounded so "cool" but to me it was annoying
Old 03-16-2005, 10:48 PM

i dont mind a "loud exhaust" if it sounds loud in the right way. a mustang gt at drive by sounds "loud", but the good loud. low grumble at idle, roaring while at WOT. my cai with my budget y, custom resonated cat-back and stillen muffler gives me that(not saying i sound like a mustang gt). i love when i start up the car hear the vroooooom. if you get a muffler like an avg. dude with a civic or crx has, you should be shot. but to each his own.

i dont see why so much hate on the guy. i guess he did set himself up with the fly bys and slowing down to make people think hes fast. simply asking what muffler or exhaust would be louder than stock would have been good. oh well
Old 03-16-2005, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by the chariot
OH EM GEE

That is so damn true. My civic at least sounded like a wounded sport bike. The maxima sounds like a diesel truck.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:58 PM

Buy a warpspeed non resonated b-pipe and a magnaflow muffler.... nuff said.... that'll make your car sound like absolute crap and be extremely loud...
Old 03-17-2005, 12:54 AM

Haha

well some people are taking what i actualy meant into exageration. i have taste and know what i like and its not bad-loud i think it's good-loud. and i dont even mean LOUD, no exhaust is LOUD. i mean like a purring alto at idle and i realy like the sound when ur at wot with the stillen intake on.
also i was joking about the whole slowing down thing to speed up and toast somebody...ahaha....god man.
i did that once..
ONCE
Old 03-17-2005, 01:33 AM

at thread
Old 03-17-2005, 05:09 AM

well some people are taking what i actualy meant into exageration. i have taste and know what i like and its not bad-loud i think it's good-loud. and i dont even mean LOUD, no exhaust is LOUD. i mean like a purring alto at idle and i realy like the sound when ur at wot with the stillen intake on.
also i was joking about the whole slowing down thing to speed up and toast somebody...ahaha....god man.
i did that once..
ONCE
haha u kill me
Old 03-17-2005, 03:46 PM

dayglo, you set yourself up for it. i agree though that loud can be a good thing. like with bass from a stereo, if its clean loud bass, thats fine, i love it. but bass that just rattles the trunk, and sounds like *** is bad. two different types of loud. and i feel the way about exhaust/intake. unless WOT, you cant hear my intake, and my exhaust gives off the low growl that i like. its a personal preference. but YOU my friend made yourself sound like a ricer by "kidding" as you put it, to make your car SEEM fast by sounding "loud". had you gone about it a different way, you wouldnt be getting flamed so badly.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by adithius
Make a CD that plays exhaust sounds at full blast and roll down the windows.

Get a Civic!
HAHAHA THATS WHAT I DO. I have a cd labeled "Loud noise" i hide it when other people get in my car
Old 03-17-2005, 05:08 PM

yea i wanna kno toooo...what kind of muffler is that sh#t looks sweet......to me it looks like an HKS TEARDROP MUFFLER.......
Old 03-17-2005, 07:38 PM

^^^^ better yet, burn a sound clip of a blow off valve, roll down windows, go up next to a wrx or evo and play it, while tryin to have a straight face so u can look cool.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by eckohb
dayglo, you set yourself up for it. i agree though that loud can be a good thing. like with bass from a stereo, if its clean loud bass, thats fine, i love it. but bass that just rattles the trunk, and sounds like *** is bad. two different types of loud. and i feel the way about exhaust/intake. unless WOT, you cant hear my intake, and my exhaust gives off the low growl that i like. its a personal preference. but YOU my friend made yourself sound like a ricer by "kidding" as you put it, to make your car SEEM fast by sounding "loud". had you gone about it a different way, you wouldnt be getting flamed so badly.
man relax...i was just joking and you seem like the one who's taking this stuff way too seriously...like a guy that puts his auto into neutral at red lights and rolls back...

Originally Posted by Maximakid17
HAHAHA THATS WHAT I DO. I have a cd labeled "Loud noise" i hide it when other people get in my car
mine's called "burnouts" and i rev....rev then hit play realy quik
Old 03-17-2005, 09:26 PM

LOL!!!!! That cartoon is hilarious.

Forgot to mention something back in the days of my youngmanhood....

I had an 89 toyota celica and drove it til the muffler fell off the car! I didn't want to spend money on a real muffler so I went to Pep Boys and got me a cherry bomb one, in red because they only had that color. Its the loudest thing I ever had for exhaust in any car I've ever owned. Used to love setting off the car alarms inside parking structures and even on the streets as I pass by. Now that's a riceriffic time!!!

Originally Posted by Crockpot
Old 03-17-2005, 09:34 PM

haha, douche bag. i try to defend you and tell you to go about asking **** a different way, and i seem like a ricer who puts there car in neutral and lets it roll back? haha, anytime you want to come to my neck of the woods and get trounced, let me know. go put a huge wing on your car, some APC vinyls, cut your springs, and fly by people to make them think your car is fast jack-off. kidding or not about that, youre a ricer at heart for even suggesting that. sounds to me like youre the perfect candidate for letting his car roll back. since you like people to THINK that you have something you dont. idiot
Old 03-17-2005, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by eckohb
haha, douche bag. i try to defend you and tell you to go about asking **** a different way, and i seem like a ricer who puts there car in neutral and lets it roll back? haha, anytime you want to come to my neck of the woods and get trounced, let me know. go put a huge wing on your car, some APC vinyls, cut your springs, and fly by people to make them think your car is fast jack-off. kidding or not about that, youre a ricer at heart for even suggesting that. sounds to me like youre the perfect candidate for letting his car roll back. since you like people to THINK that you have something you dont. idiot
haha relax man like i said..
you should be drivin a pickup truck
Old 03-17-2005, 10:53 PM

i live in wisconsin...so i should be driving a pick up truck...well if i did, i'd take your girl on a ride with someone who isnt partially retarded, and id make sure id have bench seats all she has to do is lean over...
Old 03-17-2005, 10:59 PM

she wouldn be caught dead with a ghetto kid like u in a pickup..especialy when youre a ghetto kid straigh outta wisconsin...wher thers no ghetto
wash behind ur ears sonny
Old 03-17-2005, 11:09 PM

haha, and im ghetto? my car looks ten times better than yours. ask how i know? i envision a huge spoiler on your car. come check out my house...tell me if i live in a ghetto. oh yeah, i live in wisconsin, so you cant. well, youd probably "get shot up" if you did come here. i frequently come out to find my carS on cinder blocks. stupid ignorant ****
Old 03-17-2005, 11:40 PM

guys guys, calm down, lets not be e-thugs here, EITHER OF YOU, stop your *****ing, and go on with your lives
Old 03-18-2005, 10:16 AM

Dayglo, just letting you know that this thread is getting closed. Move on!