4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

How can I do this?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 07:22 AM

How can I do this?

Ok so my new exhaust is going on the max Tuesday. I got a resonated budget b-pipe with a Borla pro xs muffler. The Borla warranty states that any hangers/brackets welded to the muffler will void the warranty, so I am curious as to how else I can hang/support the muffler as to not void my warranty. I was thinking maybe some sort of bracket I could clamp or weld to the b-pipe right where the b-pipe and muffler meet? But then I still need to find an area where I can attach it to the car. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:02 AM
Moderator who thinks he is better than us with his I30

If you want your muffler to not bang against the bumper your gonna half to use exahust hangers. I don't think securing it at the end of the b-pipe will be enough.

I would not worry too much about a muffler warrenty anyhow
Old 03-27-2005, 08:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Most mufflers will rust out after time - that's absolutely normal. You will be in more danger by not hanging it properly, rather than invalidating your warrantee (which you will probably never have to use). Get it hung well, and even with the salt you get in NE you will get a couple of years life out of it. I'd imagine their warrantee is only for rusting, so I wouldn't even worry about it.

-Cyrus