4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ALL YOU MEMBERS THAT WANTED HIGHER GAS MILEAGE.. who wants to be the lab rat??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 08:38 AM
I'm needing a caw

RX300. Yes, not a full fledged "real??" suv. But it's roomy and gets the job done for my wife. It's not on a frame so it's easier to get into and rides 10x better than a framed suv. The only major difference inbetween the rx and some other 4x4 type suvs is the lack of a locking differential and 4wd low gearing. Don't need it or want it. We have fwd and it transfers power to the rear. AND it transfers power to EACH rear wheel by another lsd differential in the rear. If you can't get out of something with that, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

We also had a fwd accord. With good all seasons, it would to almost anywhere during the winter. Key is skinny 185 width tires. Really impressive. But it was a 2dr and we needed a 4 door with room. Didn't want a wagon so there you go.

If I want to go off roading, I wouldn't use a newer expensive truck anyway. That's what old Ford Broncos are for. hehe
Old 03-30-2005, 08:47 AM
Well I should wrap this up before I start to ramble.

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
RX300. Yes, not a full fledged "real??" suv. But it's roomy and gets the job done for my wife. It's not on a frame so it's easier to get into and rides 10x better than a framed suv. The only major difference inbetween the rx and some other 4x4 type suvs is the lack of a locking differential and 4wd low gearing. Don't need it or want it. We have fwd and it transfers power to the rear. AND it transfers power to EACH rear wheel by another lsd differential in the rear. If you can't get out of something with that, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

We also had a fwd accord. With good all seasons, it would to almost anywhere during the winter. Key is skinny 185 width tires. Really impressive. But it was a 2dr and we needed a 4 door with room. Didn't want a wagon so there you go.

If I want to go off roading, I wouldn't use a newer expensive truck anyway. That's what old Ford Broncos are for. hehe

You need something with a Hemi In it. That's not good enough. Sell it, and get a SUV with a Hemi in it. V8 is the way to go.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:50 AM
I'm needing a caw

Really. I'd sport the Magnum wagon heh. But really. No one in their right mind would buy a domestic brand new. Depreciation owns domestics (and maximas btw). The only hemi powered suv that I know of is the new Jeeps? No effin' way, I'm buying one of those pos. Horrid reliability and resale.

Originally Posted by CystumMax
You need something with a Hemi In it. That's not good enough. Sell it, and get a SUV with a Hemi in it. V8 is the way to go.
Old 03-30-2005, 08:54 AM

On the note of leaving your car running when stepping out for short periods of time, in my opinion its better to leave it runnning as stopping/starting the engine increases wear, so if it uses more gas starting or idling, you're still better off leaving it running.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:01 AM

Really. I'd sport the Magnum wagon heh. But really. No one in their right mind would buy a domestic brand new. Depreciation owns domestics (and maximas btw). The only hemi powered suv that I know of is the new Jeeps? No effin' way, I'm buying one of those pos. Horrid reliability and resale.

What is wrong with a Domestic Brand New car?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm needing a caw

Digressing:

1) Depreciation
2) New Jeep. Depreciation AND reliability

What is wrong with a Domestic Brand New car?
Old 03-30-2005, 09:50 AM

Digressing:

1) Depreciation
2) New Jeep. Depreciation AND reliability

Jeep is Reliable, People don't take care of their Jeeps thats why you hear bad things about it. Trust me you won't be Upset with a Hemi.....
Old 03-30-2005, 09:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

Really? How bad do you have to abuse a brand new Cherokee for it to run like this???
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=grand

But back to the point. You fail to understand that we already have this RX. Been having it for 2 years. Very happy with it. It's been rock solid reliable. Even the minor problems have been handled though warranty with absolutely no problems. Even got a ES300 as a loaner. Lexus quality, service and reliability.

You think I'm going to sell my car with that type of service for a Jeep?? You must be on crack. I mean really.

Jeep is Reliable, People don't take care of their Jeeps thats why you hear bad things about it. Trust me you won't be Upset with a Hemi.....
Old 03-30-2005, 09:59 AM

Really? How bad do you have to abuse a brand new Cherokee for it to run like this???
http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....ighlight=grand

That's only one person, any car could have those problems as listed.

I'm just messing with you bro. I know what you mean just smile. I was joking all this time.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:02 AM
I'm needing a caw

You were entering a lost battle man. hehe

That's only one person, any car could have those problems as listed.

I'm just messing with you bro. I know what you mean just smile. I was joking all this time.

Old 03-30-2005, 10:07 AM

You were entering a lost battle man. hehe

we need to have some sense of humor.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:55 AM
this place is dead

we need to have some sense of humor.
There's one instance where you would definitly need a SUV with 4wd, a real one with a real truck ride height
Old 03-30-2005, 05:19 PM

jeep has kept the same basic drive-train set up for the last 20 years. ive been lucky enough to have the opportunity to " try and kill " a jeep cherokee, and a wrangler.. i ran it on a makeshift dirtbike track. over the jumps, landing on the front bumper.. making landings hard enough to crack the windshield. i can honestly say that jeep has to be THE MOST bulletproff truck when it comes to durability.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:54 PM
Banned

do you even know what a hemi is?
what makes an engine a 'hemi'?
just because a car has a 'hemi' doesn't mean it's fast...or reliable for that matter...
Old 03-30-2005, 08:31 PM

"hemi" is where the combustion chamber has a hemi-spherical head with only 2 valves to optimize the flow in and out of the chamber. The 5.7L in Jeeps and Rams is a beast
Old 03-30-2005, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Torgus
do you even know what a hemi is?
what makes an engine a 'hemi'?
just because a car has a 'hemi' doesn't mean it's fast...or reliable for that matter...

Oh my God.... Dude Take it easy. It seems like people have no sense of humor. Dam......
Old 03-31-2005, 08:54 AM
Banned

how am i supposed to know your not an idiot like the rest of the world who go around saying 'hey does that have a hemi in it?' sorry i didn''t get your sarcasm.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:52 PM

well guys off the subject, but one of my dads old friends that works for a company called khaos came to our shop with a device called the khaos super turbo charger(yeah i know its a cheesy stupid name) which sucks air from under your hood into your IM from any sort of vacuum hose after the tb and MAF...but the vacuum hose has to be a certain length because it somehow keeps your a/f ratio at. 15.0 to 1 by injecting air into your engine without changing your fuel consumption. Well bull**** aside, we installed it and drove around for a couple weeks with it, and to my surprise we got a 6mpg increase on my dads 99 5.2l v8 ram1500 and did feel a noticeable power gain in midrange power. I proceeded to go on google and do a search on this product and found some interesting articles on it stating it's credibility. The reason that it's not for sale in the US though is really it's finish and quality though( it uses 3m steel wool for a filter) but is avaiilable in europe and most of the pacific islands. The real reason i'm sharing this with u guys is because it will be available in the states pretty soon and it works from what i've seen, but the coolest part is that it's a universal application and can be taken from vehicle to vehicle. Anywayz, just wanted to share that with u guys...but u guys should really do a search on it and check it out.
Old 03-31-2005, 05:58 PM

Quote from Page: "I have the confidence that if you read this thoroughly you will understand and be able to put some of these ideas to use to save far greater then the Manuel and the parts and time costs, Many already have."

I'm not buying a book from a mother fudger who cant spell manual.