4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

viper alarm users step inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 01:51 PM
will fly for food

viper alarm users step inside

I've got a 791xv responder alarm and every once in a while the alarm won't respond to the remote's commands.. it comes back blinking saying that it can't recieve a signal. I then try to manually disarm the car using the valet switch with no luck, eventually it starts working again but seriously pisses me off in the process as it sometimes takes 15-20 minutes to get it working (it's going off the entire time during this process). Could it be that the antenna is getting too hot when it sits in the sunlight?? I'm pretty fed up with this alarm and im seriously considering taking it back to the shop I had it installed at and *****ing them out.... anyone have issues like this?
Old 04-27-2005, 02:15 PM
あおい A32

Originally Posted by Maxima99SE
I've got a 791xv responder alarm and every once in a while the alarm won't respond to the remote's commands.. it comes back blinking saying that it can't recieve a signal. I then try to manually disarm the car using the valet switch with no luck, eventually it starts working again but seriously pisses me off in the process as it sometimes takes 15-20 minutes to get it working (it's going off the entire time during this process). Could it be that the antenna is getting too hot when it sits in the sunlight?? I'm pretty fed up with this alarm and im seriously considering taking it back to the shop I had it installed at and *****ing them out.... anyone have issues like this?
I get this problem when I leave the car unlocked for a long time (like in the garage for 2 days without driving it). When I get back, it stops responding. I'm guessing it's a glitch in their programming? You can take out the battery from the remote and put it back to reset it or you can try unplugging the brain and plugging it back in.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:36 PM

Hey guys, don't know if this helps or not - but my installer had told me to push the lock button when something like this happens...that way the remote synchornizes back w/ the alarm. So for the past 1 year i've been doing this whenever my remote messes up (rarely ever) and knock on wood; its working great.

Hope this helps.

*BTW, the lock button - not the unlock *
Old 04-27-2005, 02:44 PM
sunten1

Well check to see if the batteries are low on the remote, if thats not the case well then check the wiring under the hood, because one day my alarm would do anything, all it did was come back with the flashing lights. So I went to the installer and they said that somehow the wires going into my fuse were loose and it wasn't sending a complete power to the car.

Old 04-27-2005, 02:57 PM

my battery on the remote gets drain awful fast. a brand new energizer AAA lasts around 1 to 1.5 months usually. how about you guys?
Old 04-27-2005, 07:44 PM
renatonetmail

i have the same alarm the the OP and the only time i had a problem was when by mistake i left my lights on and you know the rest. when i jumped the car back to start it it fried the brain. had to change the whole thing. my battery last about the same but i go with the trusted brand that says "rechargable"

Old 04-28-2005, 05:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by renatonetmail
i have the same alarm the the OP and the only time i had a problem was when by mistake i left my lights on and you know the rest. when i jumped the car back to start it it fried the brain. had to change the whole thing.
Wow. That's a major downside. Did you have to pay for the new brain? Is there any way to prevent this if you have to jump the car?
Old 04-28-2005, 07:46 PM

thats odd ive jumped my car when my batt decided to die and never had a prob with my python 881xp same thign as viper