4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

So what should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:18 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

So what should I do?

Here is the deal: I ordered some cefiro jdm door sills from redlinemax.com(won them on ebay auction). They were shipped to me quickly, but when they arrived the ups man had me open the box and check them out b/c the box was all beat to hell. Sure enough, the door sills were all bent up. UPS sent them back as damaged goods. The door sills were back at redlinemax a month ago tomorrow.

Now here is the messed up part. I've been calling and/or emailing redlinemax about the status of the replacements for a month...still no door sills. I've never had a response via email, and when I call, the guy who answers seems to know me and my situation b/c he never asks for a purchase number or anything. He just says something like "yeah they're on the way". I asked if they could send me a tracking number when they ship and the guy says sure.

So I don't know what to do? Is this sort of lack of customer service normal for redlinemax.com? Does anyone know a better way to contact them other than the number on the website?

Thanks

Brian
Old 05-05-2005, 10:25 PM

damn, you in a bad position. I'm not sure what else you can do that your not doing, you could take it to a more legal battle but that may cost a lot more than just the dor sills. I dont know what to say but hope you get your money back or the sills. Threatning them may work.

UPS insures packages automatically up to $100. not sure if you knew.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:27 PM

did you buy it on a credit card?...if you did call your credit card company and get that charge taken off...also call the better business bureau of investigation
Old 05-05-2005, 10:38 PM

they run group deals under the name "redmax"

http://forums.maxima.org/member.php?u=420

I would try PMing before you threaten anything
Old 05-05-2005, 11:01 PM

Redmax is a good guy, try talking to him and see what sup, i think he is the owner of redlinemax, so yea, def try contacting him personally
Old 05-05-2005, 11:05 PM

I had a similar incident with an eBay seller a while back but this was for a set of clear bumper lenses. I got the run around, tried going thru the proper channels but to no avail. Like what ThisMaxIsTight said, call your credit or bank card company and get that charge reverse. They shouldn't have any problems doing it and they'll dispute whatever it is with the seller.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:15 PM

I'll try pm'ing redmax and see whats up. I'm not pissed off per say, I work retail so I know stuff happens. I just want to be kept in the loop ya know, say if something is on backorder. I just get really frustrated when it seems I'm being diked around...
Old 05-06-2005, 09:27 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Hey I never recieved the emails from you they were sent probably through my old aol account I check the redlinemax email all the time and never recieved a message from you. We were actually dealing with UPS on your Cefiro Door sills and had not sent out any new sills while dealing with UPS on the ordeal, We were trying to get you the insurance refunded which is always more than you paid for the sills originally! However we got screwed on the deal and still sent you a new set of sills yesterday morning. I'm surprised you haven't recieved an email from UPS yet with your tracking info..........
Old 05-14-2005, 08:03 PM

Update:

I got the sills a few days ago and they were fine. They look really nice on the car at night when they're all lit up too.

Redmax - I don't know what was up with the email stuff. Like I said, I wasn't mad, just frustrated that I didn't hear from you until after I started PM'ing you. I don't know if the website email is screwed up or what but I did send several messages. As far as dealing with UPS, I'm sorry for you. I never blamed you for the package being damaged , I know that was all UPS. I personally won't ship anything with UPS, I've had way too many things broken, smashed, or look like they were used as a trampoline. FedEx has always been good IMO. I'm not sure what you are talking about as far as the UPS insurance goes though? UPS should insure packages for $100 for free, and the door sills shipped were only $85 through ebay.......