4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Evil Son? Talked mom into trade!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 09:11 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Alright, I went home this weekend for Mothers day like a good son. While I was there, I started kidding with my Mom that she should trade in her Minivan for a 5 speed Maxima, and then trade me for my auto. She bought on the Idea!!! She seemed a little excited about it, and told me to find one and talk to my dad about it, since she hates her minivan. She had my old 5 speed max for 6 months and didn't want to give it back. Only thing, my parents are just getting out of debt, and this would put them right back in it, so I kinda feel bad, and I told her I was just kidding. But man, I do miss my 96 5 speed!!!
Old 05-13-2001, 09:17 PM

Originally posted by mtrai760
Alright, I went home this weekend for Mothers day like a good son. While I was there, I started kidding with my Mom that she should trade in her Minivan for a 5 speed Maxima, and then trade me for my auto. She bought on the Idea!!! She seemed a little excited about it, and told me to find one and talk to my dad about it, since she hates her minivan. She had my old 5 speed max for 6 months and didn't want to give it back. Only thing, my parents are just getting out of debt, and this would put them right back in it, so I kinda feel bad, and I told her I was just kidding. But man, I do miss my 96 5 speed!!!
If I give you my # can you call and talk to my mom because I'm stuck with my 3rd gen
Old 05-13-2001, 09:27 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally posted by D-DOT
If I give you my # can you call and talk to my mom because I'm stuck with my 3rd gen
I've bought and paid for all my own cars, 1 acura and 2 maximas This whole deal was on the condition that I continue the payments on my auto max. She has a POS Plymoth Voyager that dies on the freeway all the time, and she's sick of it. She would only get about $6000 as a trade in though, because everyone knows they are a POS. She want's a new car, I just feel like I'd be taking advantage of them if I did the trade, because it's in my best intrest, not theirs. I did look on the internet tonight though
Old 05-13-2001, 10:34 PM

well if her car is unsafe, by dying on the freeway, it is in your best interest and theirs!

Would you want your mom to be driving around in a car that wont work 100% of the time? I wouldn't
Old 05-13-2001, 10:43 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally posted by Matrix
well if her car is unsafe, by dying on the freeway, it is in your best interest and theirs!

Would you want your mom to be driving around in a car that wont work 100% of the time? I wouldn't

That's not the point I was trying to make. I DON'T want her driving the mini van anymore. It's a POS and a death trap as far as I'm concerned. I told her repeatedly to take it back and make them give her money back, the vehicle is unsafe and they can't fix it. There are Lemon laws against that. I would rather she got a cheaper car than a maxima though, not get one just because I want a 5 speed. If it was her choice to get one, that's fine, but not due to my manipulation and self interest.
Old 05-14-2001, 02:23 PM

dude

It's in everyone's best interest to have as many Maximas on the road as possible.

It's not like you put a gun to her head and forced her to agree to buy a Maxima. She heard your story, liked the idea of driving an auto Maxima, and figured she would help out her son in the process by getting him a 5-Sp Maxima.

Consider yoruself lucky that your mom cares that much about you dude, and go for it!

justin
Old 05-14-2001, 03:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I kinda did the same thing. . . My mom saw that I was desperately looking for a 5-speed Maxima, and that I wasn't finding one in good enough condition in my price range, between $10-11K. Well, she asked me how much I would give her for her car, which is now mine, and I told her my price range. She said if I put the down payment on a new one for her, or whatever she got. Well, I jumped at the chance to get that deal, as she takes very good care on the internals of her cars, and I got my 95 5-speed, w/ABS, and C&C for $10K about 2 years ago. Damn good deal I think, and she still tries to switch me every so often for her auto 2K, she still admits she likes mine a little better.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:43 PM
Administrator

I thought i was getting to you with the AUTO jokes
Old 05-14-2001, 04:53 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally posted by SprintMax
I thought i was getting to you with the AUTO jokes
Funny man. I used to have a 5 speed, till some a$$hole decided to make a U-turn from the right lane in front of me I didn't think the auto would be that bad, but that was before the mod bug bit me.
Old 05-14-2001, 04:57 PM

How many more payments to you have to make on your AUTO?

If it isnt too many, you could give your mom the AUTO once you are all paid up, then use her car as a Downpayment on a 5 speed if you can find one cheap enough. If the van is worth 6k, I'm sure you can find a good 5speed in the 16k department? Then you can continue to pay that car and you have the piece of mind that your mother is driving in the Max

But then you end up paying a lot more...hmmm...
Old 05-14-2001, 05:26 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally posted by Matrix
How many more payments to you have to make on your AUTO?

If it isnt too many, you could give your mom the AUTO once you are all paid up, then use her car as a Downpayment on a 5 speed if you can find one cheap enough. If the van is worth 6k, I'm sure you can find a good 5speed in the 16k department? Then you can continue to pay that car and you have the piece of mind that your mother is driving in the Max

But then you end up paying a lot more...hmmm...
I would like nothing more than to be able to buy my mom a car. Someday... But for now, I have to pay for college myself, rent, car, insurance, etc. I've only made 7 payments on my Auto, and at $14.5k I have quite a few more to go. I am looking into it as a possibility, as both of us would probably come out on top of this deal, I just have to hold back how much I want a 5 speed and keep other interest in mind. I haven't been able to find a 5 speed with low miles yet. Still looking.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by mtrai760

I would like nothing more than to be able to buy my mom a car. Someday... But for now, I have to pay for college myself, rent, car, insurance, etc. I've only made 7 payments on my Auto, and at $14.5k I have quite a few more to go. I am looking into it as a possibility, as both of us would probably come out on top of this deal, I just have to hold back how much I want a 5 speed and keep other interest in mind. I haven't been able to find a 5 speed with low miles yet. Still looking.
Check www.autotrader.com ,they have every car on earth in there! Thats were I found my 5spd I30T.
Old 05-14-2001, 06:43 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally posted by emax95

Check www.autotrader.com ,they have every car on earth in there! Thats were I found my 5spd I30T.

Thanks Emax. Ive been looking. Congrats on your tranny too, you got lucky.
Old 05-14-2001, 07:59 PM

to bad your dad isnt a car dealer like mine
i got a 97' Se, fully loaded,"its got everything" and I only paid $11.5.........so i feel very fortunate, cuz im barely 18yrs old, yet I have the pleasure of driving such a fine piece of work......, but don't worry dude, how much of college do you have left????? just hold out tell you graduate, then you'll have a good job and be able to afford to get the 5spd max of your dreams.....but its not all that bad...its better then not having a max at all!!!!
Old 05-15-2001, 01:01 AM

yeah i just hope they dont get rid of the 5 speed option!!