4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I just got a job selling NISSANS

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 12:40 PM

Well, I decided to close my real estate office some time ago, after looking at a lot of options, I have decided to do what I love. Take about cars all day long. Who better to take to then Nissan people. So I went down to my local dealer, and got a job selling Nissans.......

Now the fun begins... Smithtown Nissan is NY's Largest Nissan Dealer. They pride themselves on customer service and quality pricing. If I can help anyone get into NEW Nissan i would love the opportunity.

Wish me luck I will keep you all updated as to the arrival info for the SE-R V-Spec, the Altima V-6, and of course the New Maxima...

Peace.

Daniel
Nissan Dealer
1-631-361-9696 Starting Monday
Old 05-21-2001, 12:41 PM
Administrator

good luck.. and remember you MUST rip people of then let them walk out the door and then catch them
Old 05-21-2001, 12:54 PM

LOL

LOL...Not my style...But thanks for the suggestion...

" The True Art Of Sale, Begins After The SEVENTH NO!!"

Zig Zigler..

Peace
Old 05-21-2001, 01:23 PM

Originally posted by bluefish
Well, I decided to close my real estate office some time ago, after looking at a lot of options, I have decided to do what I love. Take about cars all day long. Who better to take to then Nissan people. So I went down to my local dealer, and got a job selling Nissans.......

Now the fun begins... Smithtown Nissan is NY's Largest Nissan Dealer. They pride themselves on customer service and quality pricing. If I can help anyone get into NEW Nissan i would love the opportunity.

Wish me luck I will keep you all updated as to the arrival info for the SE-R V-Spec, the Altima V-6, and of course the New Maxima...

Peace.

Daniel
Nissan Dealer
1-631-361-9696 Starting Monday
How much nissan pays to sellers for each car sold or leased or financed? tell us little dirty secrets so we know how to bargain with your so called friendly Nissan dealers.
Old 05-21-2001, 01:30 PM

so does this mean u can get us discounts on oem parts i bought my max from westbury nissan (same owners) and have been very satisfied w/ everything good luck
Old 05-21-2001, 01:41 PM

cheap OEM parts...

Originally posted by timby01
so does this mean u can get us discounts on oem parts i bought my max from westbury nissan (same owners) and have been very satisfied w/ everything good luck

Cheap OEM parts..... SURE why not... My discount is your discount...

Just give me a little time to get in and together before i start buying 10 fog lights and 20 side mirrors at cost.. hehe

as for the dirty little secrets...well i will let you know...

Peace
Old 05-21-2001, 01:45 PM

I was a car broker for 3 years, I sold more Nissan's than any thing else. Good Luck, it's a lucrative business, but watch your back, it is also a dirty business. I was able to show my clients a good deal because they had so much rebate money. Enjoy the world of organized crime. Make sure you get to know wholesalers, they will always be your trump card.

K
Old 05-21-2001, 01:52 PM

Originally posted by DARTHSWAN
I was a car broker for 3 years, I sold more Nissan's than any thing else. Good Luck, it's a lucrative business, but watch your back, it is also a dirty business. I was able to show my clients a good deal because they had so much rebate money. Enjoy the world of organized crime. Make sure you get to know wholesalers, they will always be your trump card.

K
dude can u tell us how much nissan seller gets %% from each sold car? 10%? 20%? Give us some secrets so we know how to talk to dealers!
Old 05-21-2001, 01:55 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Man, it seems like negotiating on price would be a challenging job today. Seems like people really do their homework when buying cars and know the dealers invoice price from Consumer Reports, et al. Anyways, it's great that you found a job where you love what you're selling. Hopefully over time, your not going to grow sick of cars because you deal with them everyday. At least you can say to your customers, "Hey, I bought and drive a max even before I became a Nissan Dealer..."
Old 05-21-2001, 01:55 PM

Thanks for the info

K
Thanks, I just so happen to have a friend who is a wholesale dealer. Question, does'nt wholesale mean NO commission to me...or very little?? it is the volume i am looking for? right??
Old 05-21-2001, 01:59 PM

How we worked, was, we dealt directly with fleet managers. The fleet managers we dealt with did so much volume we could get Maximas (new) for a great price. Before I left, I got one of my clients a 01 for 1600 back of invoice. It's a lot of hidden money running thru Nissan.

This is the market in atlanta, I don't know what it is like elsewhere. I always keep my contacts so if any of you need a new one let me know. I have a couple of contacts in atlanta.

k
Old 05-21-2001, 02:04 PM

Re: Thanks for the info

Thanks, I just so happen to have a friend who is a wholesale dealer. Question, does'nt wholesale mean NO commission to me...or very little?? it is the volume i am looking for? right??
Yes it does mean NO or very little commision, but when you get to know the wholesaler, he'll start puttin a little more into the car. It will help you out when negotiating. I did it all while I was a broker, and I've seen it all. It's a cold world.

K
Old 05-21-2001, 02:08 PM

I SEE

Yes it does mean NO or very little commision, but when you get to know the wholesaler, he'll start puttin a little more into the car. It will help you out when negotiating. I did it all while I was a broker, and I've seen it all. It's a cold world.

K
Thanks again, your knowledge of the industry is informative, and usefull..
Old 05-21-2001, 02:14 PM

Re: I SEE

Thanks again, your knowledge of the industry is informative, and usefull..

Anytime, the more you know the better you will be. If I have information to pass on, I'm doing it.

K
Old 05-21-2001, 02:45 PM

the raw deal

I'm sure many of you have heard of these auction houses, where you can get bank default, DEA reposessed and other crime related vehicles for very cheap $$. Truth is, it was only for a very limited and privileged few for a long time. Once other people caught wind of it, the value went away. Now, there are tons of sham operations trying to lure you into wasting $20-$50 for "inside info" that is basically worthless.

So, the only bargain deals to be found are from naive private sellers and used car dealers. New car dealers are NEVER naive. They know the scoop through and through. With the explosion of the Internet into the public domain, so much info is available to help you arm yourself for the new car dealer engagement. It's very alluring--you find out the "invoice price" of a car, approach a dealer with this info, and secure a car for just a few hundred dollars above invoice (the salesman pleads that they must make some money for the sale, and you acquiesce to giving up a few hundred dollars).

Well, truth be told, it's not like that at all. Most certified dealerships get cars BELOW this so called "invoice". MSRP is just a seldom "bonus" figure that kicks in when a naive buyer is nabbed. Most sales are rung up from the stated invoice price, which the salesman will gladly show you. All kinds of dealer incentives help further discount vehicles from invoice. Especially when they are not top selling cars or unique high demand models.

The trouble is that it is VERY difficult to bargain dealers below invoice. Most managers will stand hardfast to not budge. The "shell game". As I see it, the only way you really win in this game is to take care of your new car and make it run for 10 years or more. That's why choosing a car you can live with for the long haul, like the Maxima , is so important.

Seriously, it would be great if someone like bluefish could help any of us Maxima.org members out when we decide to make our move for a new Maxima. But I doubt he'll be able to do much for us... who knows, maybe once he gets situated he'll find some kind of loop hole. I only hope he'll tell us before sliding over to the dark-uh-dealership side.
Old 05-21-2001, 03:06 PM

Re: the raw deal

Originally posted by Gary95
I'm sure many of you have heard of these auction houses, where you can get bank default, DEA reposessed and other crime related vehicles for very cheap $$. Truth is, it was only for a very limited and privileged few for a long time. Once other people caught wind of it, the value went away. Now, there are tons of sham operations trying to lure you into wasting $20-$50 for "inside info" that is basically worthless.

So, the only bargain deals to be found are from naive private sellers and used car dealers. New car dealers are NEVER naive. They know the scoop through and through. With the explosion of the Internet into the public domain, so much info is available to help you arm yourself for the new car dealer engagement. It's very alluring--you find out the "invoice price" of a car, approach a dealer with this info, and secure a car for just a few hundred dollars above invoice (the salesman pleads that they must make some money for the sale, and you acquiesce to giving up a few hundred dollars).

Well, truth be told, it's not like that at all. Most certified dealerships get cars BELOW this so called "invoice". MSRP is just a seldom "bonus" figure that kicks in when a naive buyer is nabbed. Most sales are rung up from the stated invoice price, which the salesman will gladly show you. All kinds of dealer incentives help further discount vehicles from invoice. Especially when they are not top selling cars or unique high demand models.

The trouble is that it is VERY difficult to bargain dealers below invoice. Most managers will stand hardfast to not budge. The "shell game". As I see it, the only way you really win in this game is to take care of your new car and make it run for 10 years or more. That's why choosing a car you can live with for the long haul, like the Maxima , is so important.

Seriously, it would be great if someone like bluefish could help any of us Maxima.org members out when we decide to make our move for a new Maxima. But I doubt he'll be able to do much for us... who knows, maybe once he gets situated he'll find some kind of loop hole. I only hope he'll tell us before sliding over to the dark-uh-dealership side.
I agree.

People also have to realize that the market plays an important role in the price of the car, along with a host of other things. It is so much hidden money, it should be illegal. In 98, I got a client a 97 Q45. Brand spankin new for just inder $12K off of sticker price. They had a 6500 dollar incentive, which we got, and then some.

FYI

K
Old 05-22-2001, 05:52 AM

The Truth

I may not always tell you everything you want to hear, but I will always tell you the truth.

My motto from ten years of Real Estate Brokerage....

I taught ethics for Century 21 Real Estate.

No shames, no slick ***** here...As I stated before, I was very successful selling real estate, I want to do something this summer I would enjoy. It's not always about the money.

" Money only elevates the worry for money"...If your a scum bag, you will always be a scum bag...

People do business with people..

Peace...
Old 05-22-2001, 12:28 PM

Honesty

I'm glad there are some honest salesmen out there. I may be looking to buy a new Max early next year ,and I live in Connecticut . Driving to NY wouldn't be a problem for me if I could save some money in buying a vehicle. I appreciate DARTHSWANS perspective because I grew up around the auto industry and every dealer is getting kickback on everything they sell you from floor mats to life insurance. I wish you Blue the best in your sales career.
Old 05-22-2001, 01:03 PM

Re: Honesty

Originally posted by JiggsHall
I'm glad there are some honest salesmen out there. I may be looking to buy a new Max early next year ,and I live in Connecticut . Driving to NY wouldn't be a problem for me if I could save some money in buying a vehicle. I appreciate DARTHSWANS perspective because I grew up around the auto industry and every dealer is getting kickback on everything they sell you from floor mats to life insurance. I wish you Blue the best in your sales career.
Thanks fo the good wishes... Love to help you. I can even get you a GAS credit for traveling to my dealership.. Hows that for service... Even if you do not buy a car.

e-mail me anytime you want to stop in...

Peace
Old 05-23-2001, 08:13 AM

That's the type of customer service I'm talking about !
Old 05-23-2001, 10:39 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

where in smithtown is smithtown nissan? I live in huntington...

ps - i hope you give out a maxima.org spot card and stickers with each max purchase!!

Chris
Old 05-23-2001, 01:57 PM

Where is Smithtown Nissan

Originally posted by CKNY
where in smithtown is smithtown nissan? I live in huntington...

ps - i hope you give out a maxima.org spot card and stickers with each max purchase!!

Chris
the Dealership is at 535 E. Jericho Tpke. on dealer row.

Next to Honda ( grrrr) and Land Rover, before you get to BMW, Infinity and Mercedes. Big Glass building. I'm their all next week till 9 pm...

WHAT IS A MAXIMA.ORG spot card, and How do i get some??

Of course i will stock up on stickers..
Old 05-23-2001, 03:29 PM

where are you at???
from nyc where are you?? north,south,east,west???
thanks....
Old 05-23-2001, 04:11 PM

Where AM I???

Originally posted by wicked1044
where are you at???
from nyc where are you?? north,south,east,west???
thanks....

I offten ask that same question lol

Take the LIE east to exit 56 route 111. then north to rt 25 or jerico turnpike, then east about four miles...

if you want to vist let me know when and i'll get you detailed directions.. about 1 hour from NYC with traffic or 45 min without...

dan