4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

She cleans up real purdy...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 06:27 PM

I spent three hours washing, waxing, vacuuming...you name it I just about did it. But man was it worth it. My wife thinks I'm nuts because I keep looking at the Max and this big grin comes across my face....damn, it sure looks sweet all cleaned up. Just thought I'd share.

Oh ya, the one thing I didn't do is use a clay bar because I'm not sure were to get one...so if you know which is the best let me know. Thanks
Old 05-22-2001, 06:43 PM

Originally posted by Max I am
I spent three hours washing, waxing, vacuuming...you name it I just about did it. But man was it worth it. My wife thinks I'm nuts because I keep looking at the Max and this big grin comes across my face....damn, it sure looks sweet all cleaned up. Just thought I'd share.

Oh ya, the one thing I didn't do is use a clay bar because I'm not sure were to get one...so if you know which is the best let me know. Thanks

god i love that feeling--and everybody that walks by your car checks themself out in it heheh

most of the clay bars are basically the same, i've heard the mothers one is really good though
Old 05-22-2001, 07:09 PM

i like zaino from zainobros.com
Old 05-22-2001, 08:55 PM

Oh don't forget to check your muscles. Man, I got a nice muscular cut every time after I wash and wax.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:13 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I vaccum and wash my car every week so that it can resemble the car that I drove home from the dealership 3 yrs ago.
Old 05-22-2001, 09:22 PM

Speaking of max clean freaks...Welcome to the club All my buddies think Im nuts for keeping my max so clean and shiny. But I love it!
Old 05-22-2001, 09:35 PM

Yea, I get that feeling too...

When I'm done, it puts a smile on my face like when I first got the car. IT kinda reminds of that Hyundai commercial where theguy asks his wife who's car is parked outside and she's like its his .
Old 05-23-2001, 05:40 AM

i get to clean my max this weekend. we have this moth infestation thingy going on right now, and on one drive home, i must have hit about 100 of them, because the whole front of my car -- headlights, grille, front edge of hood, windshield, side mirrors, sunroof deflector is covered with moth guts.... i drive 44 miles hi-way to get home from work, and it seemed that the sky was full of them....... but they are no match for a 85mph maxima.... squish.....

big buggers too, they leave a good long guts trail...

dfwmax
Old 05-23-2001, 05:43 AM

It definitely gives you a feeling of accomplishment when you're all done. I wash mine about 2 times a week. If I don't have the time for a full wash I do a Meguiars quick detail on it. I love turning heads when I drive down the main strip where I live. Maximas supposedly have a rep for bad paint. I beg to differ. Peace out. Quick question. Whats a good product to remove surface scratches. Such as the key scratches by the keyhole. (Previous Owner left these for me) It boggles the mind to think that a car with keyless entry has key scratches by the keyholes. Things that make you go "Hmmmm?".
Old 05-23-2001, 05:51 AM

two times a week???? man, that is some dedication. unfortunately, i do not have such time to devote to washing my car. dont know about removing light scratches..... rock chips i fill in with touch up paint. i have a lot of stuff from griots garage (www.griotsgarage.com) and i remember that they said if the scratch is not all the way thru the paint, you can use a "fine hand polish" that they sell that is lightly abrasive, and that can remove/blend in the scratches.

dfwmax
Old 05-23-2001, 05:58 AM

It definitely gives you a feeling of accomplishment when you're all done. I wash mine about 2 times a week. If I don't have the time for a full wash I do a Meguiars quick detail on it. I love turning heads when I drive down the main strip where I live. Maximas supposedly have a rep for bad paint. I beg to differ. Peace out. Quick question. Whats a good product to remove surface scratches. Such as the key scratches by the keyhole. (Previous Owner left these for me) It boggles the mind to think that a car with keyless entry has key scratches by the keyholes. Things that make you go "Hmmmm?".
Old 05-23-2001, 07:15 AM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Hold up Maximas still have pretty bad paint. My hood chipps up very easily. That's one downside of the car.
Old 05-23-2001, 07:55 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i doubt ur hood is as bad as

Mine, 95k miles of abuse on the shietty nissan paint, hood chips SOOOO easily, and i had a bad run in with a mustang 5.0, i beat him then he went in front of me and there happened to be some gravel on the road, it raped my hood. but the bumper looks good.
Old 05-23-2001, 09:10 AM

zzeeoo

You're right about the muscles, woke up this morning and I think I can feel every muscle in my back. Didn't help that I went to the gym last night either...

Of course it had to rain today, but I was still admiring the car...actually, makes the car look really cool when it's wet!

Now I have to tackle the engine bay.