4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

ks ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 10:18 AM

ks ?

some of you may have read my other post about my car not starting. anyways during the time i was trying to figure out what was wrong i checked the ecu for codes even though i didnt have a cel on. i pulled the 0304 code during this time. now i have had this code before along with codes for 02 sensors. both front 02 sensors were replaced and codes went away but my automatic tranny had been feeling like it was slipping afterwards. i did a tranny flush but that did not seem to help. my question is would the ks cause this, as i was reading in the stickies that a faulty ks would hurt performance and those with autos would notice a sluggish feeling. i just want this stupid car to get good gas mileage and be reliable. i sold my 95 accord with 130,000 miles for this max, which used to be my grandparents, with only 83,000 miles on it. i had the accord for 3 years and never had any big problems, just a dead battery. now i have the same year maxima with less miles and way more headaches.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 AM
dot dot dot ...

Que es? KS wont cause the slipping feeling, just drive very sluggish, tehy sell them on ebay for 90$ and take 15 minutes to repalce .. of ya don't like the car ... get another accord

The 0304 will be a ghost code (no CEL) meaning you have to pull codes even though the CEL isn't on, and will msot likely, if the KS is dead, need to repalce it.

What type of intake do you have in there?

KS failure will not cause starting problems.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:29 AM

stock intake, car is %100 bone stock.