4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

engine, rim and gauges question

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 09:35 PM

if i wanted to "clean" my engine
a) where do i start (what can i clean)
b) what do i use to clean it
c) should i try doing this if i have NEVER done it before

im thinking of getting rims. i wanted 17inch adr gt ones. whalentire.com is giving me a price of 1136 with lug nuts and locks. please let me know if anyone has bought these rims for cheaper or if you think you know a site that can beat this price.

if i bought idiglo gauges where do i go to get them installed? any performane shop wont do it cause "its not their product". damn.

thanks for any help
Old 05-24-2001, 09:55 PM

Originally posted by riggy

im thinking of getting rims. i wanted 17inch adr gt ones. whalentire.com is giving me a price of 1136 with lug nuts and locks. please let me know if anyone has bought these rims for cheaper or if you think you know a site that can beat this price.

if i bought idiglo gauges where do i go to get them installed? any performane shop wont do it cause "its not their product". damn.

thanks for any help
I just got my Indiglos and I like them a lot. Its not too hard to do them yourself. You'll save money too. Just got to maximadriver.com and go to the how 2 section and you should find detailed instructions on how to install them. That's where I got my instructions.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:22 PM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

Use Simple Green to clean your engine. You can pick it up at most auto parts store. You can spray it everywhere except near spark plug holes. Scrub heavy dirt area with a brush. Rinse it with a garden hose, but don't flood the engine compartment. Nice quick rinse enought to wash the dirt away. Good luck.

Originally posted by riggy

thanks for any help
Old 05-24-2001, 11:03 PM

?

what about taking it to the car wash were you do it yourself with high pressure sprayer and just cover up the intake and what else? or would this not spart cause of the high pressure?
Old 05-25-2001, 07:26 AM
ajaffee

Do not wash hot engine

Two things.
1. In general, it's not wise to use a hose of any kind on your engine. To many little electrical and mechanical parts that can be harmed by excess moisture.

2. Don't spray cold water on a hot engine. Cold water + hot engine block = possible cracked block.

If you do decide to clean your engine with a hose of some sort (which again is not recommended), make sure the engine is cool first.