4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Clear Corner Fix!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 10:10 PM

last week i installed the clear corners i bought from benblanco, which were originally purchased from courtesy nissan. i was extremely satisfied with the look, but the fit was far from perfect. as i compared the original and the clears, i noticed that the nipples on the small pieces were metal, not rubber-coated (like the original). so, i unscrewed the original nipples, treaded holes of the new clears, removed the metal nipples, and replaced them with the originals. i fitted the new clears again, and noticed a slight improvement, but they were still loose. after comparing the new & original again, i saw that the ends of the back of the new clears were not as thick as the originals. i cut two one-inch pieces of 1/4-inch rubber hose, then cut each longways and put on the back ridges of the clears. after doing so on all four pieces, they fit perfectly. hope this helps to anyone who has the same problem!
Old 05-24-2001, 10:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you could have just used a washer and screwed them on from the inside. its stays on and is safe from theft. good tip though.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:16 PM

Sup man, I'm glad you like them. I had the same problem with another set before they got stolen. They were just like those and I had to wrap some electrical tape around the tabs to make them fit snug. As for the metal tabs, I had to unscrew them a little so that they would fit deep into the plastic sockets. They were great until somebody snatched them off my car, including the bulbs. I got the Diamond Cut Lenses now, and I'm thinking of getting special screws of the same thread for a little security.
Old 05-24-2001, 10:33 PM

i tried the washer thing but there was still play on the smaller outside clears. the hose pieces corrected this problem for me.
Old 05-25-2001, 01:26 AM

The anti-theft method of install on the new diamond cut clears doesn't work (at least for me). I don't know if the threads on the pegs that screw in are shorter than the ones on the old clears or what, but the screw was definetly not long enough to fit through from the other side along with the washer. If anyone knows the exact size of the screw required for replacement, let us know please. I have them on the easy way now and it would suck to have them stolen.
Old 05-25-2001, 01:49 PM

Originally posted by jerzeeMax
The anti-theft method of install on the new diamond cut clears doesn't work (at least for me). I don't know if the threads on the pegs that screw in are shorter than the ones on the old clears or what, but the screw was definetly not long enough to fit through from the other side along with the washer. If anyone knows the exact size of the screw required for replacement, let us know please. I have them on the easy way now and it would suck to have them stolen.
Yes please, someone let me know too. I'd kill someone who takes my new ones.
Old 05-26-2001, 10:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by BenBlanco218
Yes please, someone let me know too. I'd kill someone who takes my new ones.
I was gonna do the anti theft thingy with the sqrew but mine fit really good...thats what ya get for 70 bones...

Old 05-27-2001, 03:38 AM

Originally posted by matty

I was gonna do the anti theft thingy with the sqrew but mine fit really good...thats what ya get for 70 bones...

Mine fit perfect too, but when somebody else who wants a set of clears for his Max has a screwdriver handy and happens upon your car... Your 70 bones is gone in less than 60 seconds.
Old 05-27-2001, 05:33 AM
Master Will

not....

if you super glue yours like I did mine...and I just have to reach under my fender to change bulbs....they are tight....super glued and screwed into place......
Old 05-27-2001, 08:24 AM

Who ever has secured their clear lights really good, using screws and _hit, needs to show me how to do it at the largest MAXIMA meet next sunday. Tell me what tools to bring and I will do it there.
Old 05-27-2001, 08:37 AM

Originally posted by jerzeeMax
It will work, the screw is long enough for me.