4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Whats The Part# For Climate Control Lights Bulbs?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2005, 08:38 PM

Whats The Part# For Climate Control Lights Bulbs?

Need To Know Whats The Part# For Climate Control Light Bulbs? Also Whats The Part # For Hazard And Defroster? All My Lights Burn Out And Need To Replace Them. Also Where Can I Buy Them. I Have A Digital Climate Control. Any Help Greatly Appeciated.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 PM

I don't know the part #'s but....
you might want to check in to just doing the led mod. It might be cheaper than the new bulbs that are hard to find and can be expensive if bought at the dealership. I bought the dig. climate control bulbs a year ago at about $7 each. What a rip off...looking back i wish i would have just done the led mod then.
Hope this helped, except for the part #'s...Dave
Old 08-23-2005, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by BLINGBLING
Need To Know Whats The Part# For Climate Control Light Bulbs? Also Whats The Part # For Hazard And Defroster? All My Lights Burn Out And Need To Replace Them. Also Where Can I Buy Them. I Have A Digital Climate Control. Any Help Greatly Appeciated.

I just replaced the hazard, defroster and digital climate control bulbs in my 96 GLE. I used the #7219 Micro Lamp from radio shack ($1.49 for two). What I did was remove the bulb housings (with bulb) from the dash. Remove the blue (red for hazard) rubber caps. I carefully remove/cut the leads from the old bulbs and remove the bulbs and leads (the hazard and defrost housing are rubber, so be careful not to rip the rubber). I inserted the new bulbs into the housings, threaded and wrapped the leads of the new bulb just like the old one. The caps were a pretty close fit on the hazard and defrost. I needed to use a little glue to hold on the ones for the climate control because the 7219 bulb is smaller than the stock bulb. Once the glue dried, I re-installed the new bulbs. and it was good to go. I made sure to use a clear glue that will not break down with heat.

I had to cut the red cover of the hazard right along the red/white line to remove it. The bulb for the defroster is recessed in a rubber housing. I just took the bulb out, then remove the blue cover.

Disclaimer:
I do not know about the safety of using the #7219 Micro lamp from radio shack. I do not recommend that you try any of this on your car I am simply stating my observations and what I did. I cannot be held responsible for anything you do with this knowledge.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:45 PM

Does Anyone Know What The Part Number Is For The Leds? And Where Do I Buy Them? I Want The Super White Led.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:24 PM

robsst: Thanks for that great info! I'm going to try it.

BLINGBLING: Did your bulbs go bad when you were removing/installing anything, like the stereo? That's when mine died.
Old 08-26-2005, 04:22 PM

YEAH I INSTALLED A PIONEER HEAD UNIT. A FEW DAYS LATER I NOTICED THAT MY LIGHTS WERE NOT WORKING. I CHECK ALL THE CONNECTIONS. EVERYTHINK CHECKED OUT OKAY. SO NOW I WANT TO DO THE LED CONVERSION. BUT I NEED THE LED PART # AND WHERE DO I BUY THEM?