4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

seems at least 80% of us have this bog, hesitation problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 01:38 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I have a '95 SE also and I was having probs with stalling too. It would mostly do it when at lower RPMs like during a turn, but occasionally it would do it between 40-60 MPH. If I caught it just as it started and pumped the gas pedal I could keep it from dying, but if I was too slow it would die, and when it did it would usually take a couple miutes to turn over again. over the course of about a month I started cleaning and replacing everything I could think of that could be causing the problem. The throttle body, IACV, fuel filter, spark plugs, Seafoamed engine, PCV valve, knock sensor, EGR Control valve, and finally coolant temp sensor (the one for ECU, not gauge) and coolant change. Sometimes after replacing something like the PCV valve or EGR control valve it would run good for several days and just when I thought I had it, it would stall. After changing coolant temp sensor I think it stalled once, maybe twice but after that I haven't had any more probs. I don't know if it was the CTS or not but that was the last thing I changed, or maybe it was a combination of things but at least after all that the prob went away. if there's anything I did that you haven't done give it a shot, maybe you'll get lucky too.