4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Lower Prices for getting work done on Maximas. Atlanta,GA

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 01:55 PM

Anyone in the Atlanta area, if you're looking forward to getting some mods installed on your Maxima, I've got a friend that can do it cheaper than the shops. He's a technician at Peachtree Nissan but does all his work at home. He did the lowering on my Max with sprints. He can lower a Maxima for $150 flat. He's got tools to do about any job at home, including air tools, engine hoister, etc. He can work on any Nissan and some Civics and Integras. He does basic maintainence work such as replacing timing belts, spark plugs, alternators, etc. also for lower prices. If anyone is interested, email me at Maxima48177@aol.com. Peace!
Old 05-27-2001, 01:58 PM

Originally posted by Maxima48177
Anyone in the Atlanta area, if you're looking forward to getting some mods installed on your Maxima, I've got a friend that can do it cheaper than the shops. He's a technician at Peachtree Nissan but does all his work at home. He did the lowering on my Max with sprints. He can lower a Maxima for $150 flat. He's got tools to do about any job at home, including air tools, engine hoister, etc. He can work on any Nissan and some Civics and Integras. He does basic maintainence work such as replacing timing belts, spark plugs, alternators, etc. also for lower prices. If anyone is interested, email me at Maxima48177@aol.com. Peace!

Does he know anything about electronics? My Bose CD player won't work. When I stick a CD in it, nothing happens and when you turn the volume up, you can here this whining noise.
Old 05-27-2001, 02:04 PM

Originally posted by hattyhat

Does he know anything about electronics? My Bose CD player won't work. When I stick a CD in it, nothing happens and when you turn the volume up, you can here this whining noise.
He doesn't know too much about electronics, but I had a problem with my bose and he fixed it. I have a 96 and the problem with mine was my cd was stuck in the cd player and none of my buttons worked. The screen was really dim and the numbers was flashing. What he did for me was take apart my dash and disconnect the Bose and reconnect it. That probably resetted it and I haven't had a problem since. Just for my case.
Old 05-27-2001, 09:21 PM

Peachtree Nissan

I used to like these guys. They replaced my clutch last December and my car hasn't run the same since. When I brought the car back they said there was no problem. There is still a problem with my car, and I'm still ticked off.

Originally posted by Maxima48177
Old 05-28-2001, 01:37 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at Peachtree Nissan. He saids it's sometimes hard to do an excellent quality job while following dealership criterias. For this reason, he is planning to quit the dealership next month. That's why I suggest anyone wishing to have things done to their Maximas consider taking it to him instead for a better job and a cheaper price. The things he's done on my Max never had any problems. Just trying to present people wit an alternative to save a little cash. Anyone interested email me at Maxima48177@aol.com
Old 05-28-2001, 07:43 PM

what about the rattle problems?

John
Old 05-28-2001, 07:53 PM

Originally posted by maximaisokay
what about the rattle problems?

John
Where are the rattles coming from? What kinda rattles are you talking about? Noises on the car are often times very difficult to diagnose without a complete explanation of when it's occuring or how it's occuring. He can try though but he can't guarantee anything.
Old 05-28-2001, 08:35 PM

I dunno what kind of rattles. Everyone has been complaining about them. Search it under rattle or noise then TaDa!

John
Old 05-30-2001, 07:35 AM

Originally posted by maximaisokay
I dunno what kind of rattles. Everyone has been complaining about them. Search it under rattle or noise then TaDa!

John
Everyone has been complaining about rattles, BUT not everyone has the same rattles. There can millions of causes for rattles and it's impossible to tell what the cause is without actually hearing it. If anyone wishes to have their rattles diagnosed, and maybe have it fixed, email me and my friend can 'try' to find the cause. He has told me that an average of 50% of rattle problems are fixed in the dealerships.
Old 05-30-2001, 07:55 AM
tiedyemaxima

About your CD player

Hey hattyhat, i had the same problem with my cd/tape BOSE system in my car one day it just quit playing cds. I would put one in it and nothing would happen. I went to the dealership and they told me thatit would cost me $500 to get it fixed. SO i said the hell with it and bought a sony MD-650 or one of those models. just my $.02.