4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

***Need more Help Quickly***

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 06:14 PM

THAT BIITCH FIRED UP!!!.

I checked my sensors again and they read good. I honnestly must be daft because I could not find the CrankPositionSensor (POS).

I had the help of my brother pushing the car and my mother steering and with a lot of sweat and force, we got the car out of the driveway and pushed half way up the hill of the street.

I let the car roll, tried to pop once not enough speed. . . tried again she struggled 300 rpms, then cranked all the way. Boy was I slightly happy. ABS Sensor was on but I forgot the plug a sensor back in. Drove around for about 10 mintues, let the car get to operating temp.

NOW:

-Idle is rough
-Very Bad whine (Alternator Definately)
heavy vibrations in 2nd gear under 3k.

I smell gas but semi burnt or unburn but gone thru exhaust type smell. Now that I think about it the rough Idle could be all the crank before and gas getting shot into each cyclinder but now getting flushed out.

Rough idle as if shes going to stall but can hang on, no cel (maybe I didnt drive long enough). I've tried to keep my pride in tact long enough though, there is a nissan certified shop extremely close to me and I will try to take it to them and they only charge $32 for a diagnosis. Once I find out exactly what is wrong I will then tow it home and fix myself.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:23 PM

so what was the outcome?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:01 AM

I cant pin point exactly what the probably really was but.

After I Pop the clutch and the car started, it started everytime I went to start, but rough. Took it to be diagnosed, I was told the starter is definatly making start up difficult, and there maybe a timing issue, it could be the ecu (95/96 had a TSB for the ecu).

Got the car back, swapped out the starter (Saturday), since the new starter is in, she starts smooth as butter, I think my ecu is fine. I was getting some hesitating a lot but it is more than likely due to my brand new Front 02 sensor code.

Going to try cleaning the o2 sensor to try and avoid having to buy a new one, if not then buy a new o2 and car should be back to normal.
Old 09-22-2005, 04:41 PM

Glad to hear the good news

Nice to know it was just the starter that was acting up, instead of something more serious

There was a TSB for the 95/96 ecu?
Old 09-22-2005, 06:32 PM

It was just odd, but glad just changing the starter fixed it all. I know how an o2 sensor code now but I will replace that very soon.

I didnt know but njmodi pointed it out to me that there was a TSB for the ecu for 95/96. So far I havent had the timing issue I was having to I dont need to buy a new ecu . . . thank goodness.