4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Stolen '97

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 09:33 AM
MadMax in The City

Stolen '97

Fellow maxima members, I'm appealing to you for your help. My '97 was stolen from the front of my house this morning. I'm asking you all to give me a heads up if you see it anywhere...then again I don't really know if I want it back if you know what I mean. It's hard to drive it after it's been violated. You will find a picture of it on my home page. The only difference is it has the stillen front lip and a set of '04 350z wheels. The sad thing about it is I just did an oil change, radiator flush and topped it off with gas yesterday...so the bastards would be ready to pick it up. If someone could tell me how to post pictures then I would post some new ones. Thanks!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Give some more details on your ride. I can keep an eye out in Central Jersey. Sorry to hear the bad news.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:37 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss man. Ill keep a look out for it. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:40 AM

sorry to hear about your loss. Watch what you say, you may make it come true. If my car (god forbid) was ever stolen I'd want it back more than ever, I dont care who drove it.

If you'd like send the pictures to me and I'll host them. mdeezy@gmail.com

or goto photobucket and register and upload your pics and post back.

make a thread in the regionals, instead of the 4th gen, also maybe move this post to the general section.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:06 AM

sorry to here man. i remember when my dad woke up one morning to go to work this was in brooklyn and he just walked back in and i heard him say my car is gone.and my mom thought he was playing at first till he started calling the cops. ny is good for this .they have alot of chop shops and its hard to find them in a place so big.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Did you have an alarm?

LI/ NYC has been loosing 4th Gens left and right this past summer.

Where in LI are you?
Old 10-07-2005, 10:49 AM
MadMax in The City

Thanks laylow1988, for posting the pictures for me. The second (middle) picture is what she looked like except I took offthe plate in the front and installed the stillen lip.

Originally Posted by laylow1988
sorry to here man. i remember when my dad woke up one morning to go to work this was in brooklyn and he just walked back in and i heard him say my car is gone.and my mom thought he was playing at first till he started calling the cops. ny is good for this .they have alot of chop shops and its hard to find them in a place so big.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:54 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by MDeezy
sorry to hear about your loss. Watch what you say, you may make it come true. If my car (god forbid) was ever stolen I'd want it back more than ever, I dont care who drove it.

If you'd like send the pictures to me and I'll host them. mdeezy@gmail.com

or goto photobucket and register and upload your pics and post back.

make a thread in the regionals, instead of the 4th gen, also maybe move this post to the general section.

Yeah! You have a point, but I just can't see myself putting money into the same car again with the fear (like you said, "God forbid") that I might end up right here agian. Good looking out MDeezy!
Old 10-07-2005, 10:56 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by Dasyce
Did you have an alarm?

LI/ NYC has been loosing 4th Gens left and right this past summer.

Where in LI are you?

Yeah I had an alarm on it. I'm out in Valley Stream
Old 10-07-2005, 11:11 AM

Does you car have NY plates? Im not sure if it works with out of state plates but NYC has a website that you can use to check if you car has parking tickets.

LINK

When my car was stolen I found it through that site when my car got a parking ticket for being illegally parked. I recently found anothers .org members car that was stolen using the same method.

Check out this thread. Link

Maybe Nassau county or suffolk county has a similar site that you can check. Or just hope that it turns up parked in NYC.

Dont give up hope!!
Old 10-07-2005, 01:15 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Sorry to hear about the theft. Anyone northeast like NY, NJ, RI, I would relocate the battery w/ alarm and do something about the fuel pump circuit. Airhorns are a plus after this type of setup. Hope you find it man. I dread to visit my folks in NY with my max with all these stories out. Good luck.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:38 PM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by alpicone
Does you car have NY plates? Im not sure if it works with out of state plates but NYC has a website that you can use to check if you car has parking tickets.

LINK

When my car was stolen I found it through that site when my car got a parking ticket for being illegally parked. I recently found anothers .org members car that was stolen using the same method.

Check out this thread. Link

Maybe Nassau county or suffolk county has a similar site that you can check. Or just hope that it turns up parked in NYC.

Dont give up hope!!
Thanks! I'll check it out. I dont think I have any tickets but it can't hurt to look.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:42 PM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
Sorry to hear about the theft. Anyone northeast like NY, NJ, RI, I would relocate the battery w/ alarm and do something about the fuel pump circuit. Airhorns are a plus after this type of setup. Hope you find it man. I dread to visit my folks in NY with my max with all these stories out. Good luck.

Oh yeah! I will be doing some modes as a preventive measure on the next one. I must say you did a good job on those lights. I'll need your help on the next one.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:20 PM
fwd gone rwd cr00

i think i saw your car in south plainfield today.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:50 PM

Dear God, not another one! Sorry to hear that wish you luck in finding it and hope everything works out well. What kind of alarm do you have on it? What state plates?
Old 10-07-2005, 08:56 PM

you guys should move out of NY lol i've been reading a lot about cars getting stolen from there, glad i dont really have to worry about it where i live. sorry about your loss to man that car looks nice and clean
Old 10-08-2005, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by tavarish
did he get back to tyou about this?...was it his car?

Originally Posted by Mlfrdballa10
you guys should move out of NY lol i've been reading a lot about cars getting stolen from there, glad i dont really have to worry about it where i live. sorry about your loss to man that car looks nice and clean
i live in cali..suburbs are one of the MUCH safer areas to live in..makes me proud to be middle class ...poor areas are hell, and rich areas get broken into ALL the time.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:57 AM
MadMax in The City

Hey tavarish,the strangest thing abot that is awoman called me yesterday saying she found a black bag in her car that was broken into and she noticed i the bag there was a for sale sign with my number. That bag was in the trunk of my car. she said her car was in Queens when it was broken into. The other thing is that car could be long gone by now because I filled it up with gas the night before. Thanks for letting me know man, but I really dont know what the hell to do right now.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by PandaXpress

i live in cali..suburbs are one of the MUCH safer areas to live in..makes me proud to be middle class ...poor areas are hell, and rich areas get broken into ALL the time.
This crap does happen a lot in New York, but I still love the damn place. I moved into the suburb thinking it would be better but the problem is not the people in the suburb, it's the bastards who come shopping in the suburbs.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:05 AM
MadMax in The City

Let me ask this question, does anyone notice a higher theft rate with the 4th gen as opposing to the 5th gen? I know the headlighs was aproblem on the 5th gen but I do believe that the problem was solved...tell me what you guys think.

Thanks!
Old 10-08-2005, 11:14 AM

Let's face it, NY sucks if you own an expensive or desirable car. I can't believe the posts here regarding stolen Maximas in NY. I'm in awe every time. I guess I'm just not used to city life. I've always lived in an area that I could even leave my keys in the ignition and the drivers door open and go to bed and wake up the next day and the car would still be just as I left it. I feel for you man. I hope all works out for you.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:15 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by DuMKuH
Dear God, not another one! Sorry to hear that wish you luck in finding it and hope everything works out well. What kind of alarm do you have on it? What state plates?
Thanks DuMkuH! I had the Clifford with blackjack. The problem is I was having problems with it for a couple days and I told the guy who installed it, so he was ordering a new brain for it...just never made it there.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:18 AM
fwd gone rwd cr00

I think my post got deleted from before, but yea, it was black with red/clears and 17" rims, i couldnt tell if they were the 350z rims, or the newer maxima rims. It sounded like it had an intake or hacked airbox. If i wouldve known earlier, I would have stopped him, He sure was driving it like it was stolen, but then again, I do that to my car all the time. I hope they find your car or insurance pays for it so you can get a much better max, or another car. Sucks how people have to take things that they can't afford..if i ever saw someone trying to break into my car, i would chase them away, get in my car, and see if they can outrun a VQ.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:20 AM
MadMax in The City

Originally Posted by 99SEL4ME
Let's face it, NY sucks if you own an expensive or desirable car. I can't believe the posts here regarding stolen Maximas in NY. I'm in awe every time. I guess I'm just not used to city life. I've always lived in an area that I could even leave my keys in the ignition and the drivers door open and go to bed and wake up the next day and the car would still be just as I left it. I feel for you man. I hope all works out for you.

Thanks! I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt doing something like that man...I know of someone who tried chasing down the thieves of their car and ended up hurting an innocent person. I think I'm going to buy a Pinto. The sad thing about it is no matter what car I own it's gotta look good; and you know what looks good to you will also look good to someone else.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:25 AM
MadMax in The City

I think my post got deleted from before, but yea, it was black with red/clears and 17" rims, i couldnt tell if they were the 350z rims, or the newer maxima rims. It sounded like it had an intake or hacked airbox. If i wouldve known earlier, I would have stopped him, He sure was driving it like it was stolen, but then again, I do that to my car all the time. I hope they find your car or insurance pays for it so you can get a much better max, or another car. Sucks how people have to take things that they can't afford..if i ever saw someone trying to break into my car, i would chase them away, get in my car, and see if they can outrun a VQ.
Appreciate it tavarish! I love the maximas man. I'm definitely going to have one, wether it's my old one or a 5th gen. Check out that posting I did previously and tell what you think.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:48 PM

Do you know the guy who was going to install your alarm well? He knew it was bad right? So he could do it or point it out for the other people, because Clifford stands alone with viper on the top among all the other alarms. I am saying because I have a friend and his uncle has a 5.5 gen max. And he had regular sound system in there. So he went to the shop and the guy told him he could put in bose for him just let the regular speaker covers stay there and the panel on the head unit also, so nobody could know its a bose. Guess what, a week later or so, uncle finds his car broken into and without just the system.......
Old 10-09-2005, 08:46 AM
MadMax in The City

I know what your saying but this guy is one of my of good friends...we were in the Army together. When I told him what happen he was real upset about the whole thing.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 PM

Any update?
Old 10-10-2005, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by PandaXpress

The thieves here steal from the rich areas and bring them to the poor ones to molest the **** out of the cars
Old 10-10-2005, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by jamaxin97
Fellow maxima members, I'm appealing to you for your help. My '97 was stolen from the front of my house this morning. I'm asking you all to give me a heads up if you see it anywhere...then again I don't really know if I want it back if you know what I mean. It's hard to drive it after it's been violated. You will find a picture of it on my home page. The only difference is it has the stillen front lip and a set of '04 350z wheels. The sad thing about it is I just did an oil change, radiator flush and topped it off with gas yesterday...so the bastards would be ready to pick it up. If someone could tell me how to post pictures then I would post some new ones. Thanks!
I live in the Long island area (Valley Stream), pm me a picture and I will see if it turns up. Sorry to hear that happen you, especially in the Long Island area.
Old 10-10-2005, 06:58 PM

i just realize who you are, i am so sorry for your lost. Listen I remember exactly what your car looks like and if i see it I will give you a shout. I am also in the brooklyn area alot and I will tell my friends to look out for max. Most likely they took your car for the rims.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:37 PM

i hate theives, i think they should start cutting their hands off like the old days
Old 10-11-2005, 11:48 AM
MadMax in The City

First thing first...I would like to thank everyone for the great concern you've all shown...it's really appreciated. Second, my car was found. I got a call from the police saying it's in Fresh Meadows, Queens, now I'm not sure if that's where they found it(mostly likely) but it was being held at a collision shop in that area. Surprisingly the wheels were still on it only because they damaged two of the on e side, they damaged the radio trying to trying to get it out with no luck, took off my stillen lip, broke the fogs and damaged the bumper in the front, sounds like they hit some serious holes or something because there is rattling and squeaking sound coming from the rear end, and they just trashed the inside. So all in all, the only thing useful to them was the stillen lip, an equalizer that was under the radio, and some cd's that was in the car. I think I made out pretty good though. They tried to take the injen cold air intake, but for some reason they left it alone. Once the insurance adjuster sees it, I will be able to get a better idea of any other damages. As soon as it's fixed I'm selling it (still thinking about it).

Hey L.I. I30t, good looking out bro. How's that cattman working out?
Old 10-11-2005, 10:31 PM

Congrats on getting the car back, even in that condition, but I am sure you will work things out
Old 10-11-2005, 10:37 PM

hey congrats man! Thats awesome that you found it. I hope they catch those *******. Good luck with everything!
Old 10-11-2005, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by MystA RavE
The thieves here steal from the rich areas and bring them to the poor ones to molest the **** out of the cars
true..my bro back in god knows when..owned a mazda miata...all deluxe package, sun roof, you know the whole jist...left his car in downtown for 3 hrs..came back to find nothing in it..and the chassis torched..wtf is up with that? those stupid a$$holes

NICE THAT YOU FOUND YOUR CAR MAN..GL WITH whatever your gonna do with it.
Old 10-12-2005, 09:53 AM

Sorry to hear that, my friend's 99 Maxima SE just got stolen as well here in CA.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

glad you got the car back...

what i don't understand is that these car thiefs know that they are stealing cars that are almost a decade old right? i dunno about you, but personally I would never steal a max.... if i'm gonna steal a car and risk the possibility of getting caught, then why not make it worth while and steal an M3 or something??

it seems that us NYC max owners should all chip in and hire body guards to sit with our cars when we're not driving them.. lol
Old 10-12-2005, 11:03 AM
KH3 by popular demand

Originally Posted by lewtion1
glad you got the car back...

what i don't understand is that these car thiefs know that they are stealing cars that are almost a decade old right? i dunno about you, but personally I would never steal a max.... if i'm gonna steal a car and risk the possibility of getting caught, then why not make it worth while and steal an M3 or something??

it seems that us NYC max owners should all chip in and hire body guards to sit with our cars when we're not driving them.. lol
Well see the thing is, the max is easier to steal than a newer car probably because of no immobilizer unless it's a 98-and up. Theives will steal a car they can be easily familair with, kinda like hondas and 92+ camry, they get stolen a dime a dozen. I wouldn't be surprized if it is a just a group of people stealing the same type of car. Out of all the maximas in the city like 4 or more members ON THE ORG got their ride stolen. Not only org members have modded maxs. Most thieves know how to get around a basic alarm, pagers are the way to go along with enforcement by S&W, Glock, etc.
Old 10-12-2005, 11:09 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Sorry

Sorry about your loss m8..

I do see why they took it though..

It's SUPER clean :-)

Quick Reply: Stolen '97