4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Brand new Max VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:18 AM

Damn you!!! Your video makes me wanna spend money!! Go away!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:24 PM
I support for what?

Originally Posted by joosdawg
lol i know i loose power with the frankencar
So you lose power with the frankencar intake I thought the whole purpose of the intakes were to increase power not take it away
Old 11-08-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm nutty for Nissans

you guys are silly
Old 11-08-2005, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by lilaclucymaxima
Very nice video... can't wait till my tranny goes, then I can convert to a 5 speed.

I want to learn stick so bad now!!! I don't think my auto will ever go...damn low mileage car!

Cool video! I actually did think your car was black by looking at your sig so I was surprised to see the green in the sun.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:20 PM

thanks for the comments! hey but dont u have LSD seeing as that u have the "ES"? is there alot of 5 spds up there? are those also LSD?
Old 11-08-2005, 04:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

You car sounds great, I liked the vid. I love the green color too!

for those talking about him chirping into second, its easy to do with the MEVI. Before I would chirp, now with the MEVI, I spin for about 1/2-3/4 of a second when I hit second gear
Old 11-08-2005, 04:39 PM

i actually would like to clairify the MEVI thing. Yes you can spin easier into 2nd gear but i currently am NOT running the MEVI as i sold it a couple weeks ago but the latest enginebay photo i have is when i had it still on. Sorry for any confusion
Old 11-08-2005, 04:40 PM

thanks for the comments! hey but dont u have LSD seeing as that u have the "ES"? is there alot of 5 spds up there? are those also LSD?
Yeah, I've got LSD and the 5-speed SE's/ES's have LSD too, but I don't think the manual GXE's do. I'm not sure how it would work converting my car to standard with my LSD and traction control though.

There don't seem to be tons of 5-speeds up here but you can find them for sale if you're willing to travel. I may sell my car for a cheaper 97 when I go to school, then I could get one. Theres actually a modified black 97 5-speed SE in my town for sale but they want way too much $$ because they've put a lot into it.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:43 PM

o nice, and the LSD is in the tranny itself so if you swapped it would go and the traction controll feature might throw a code sense im sure theres a sensor on there.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:40 PM
vsamoylov

nice vid. makes me want to go make one of my max. what do you use to upload it?

Old 11-08-2005, 07:08 PM
this place is dead

Originally Posted by Mxrider52
So you lose power with the frankencar intake I thought the whole purpose of the intakes were to increase power not take it away
I am sooo tired of this intake question, my take on it is this. I do occasional track days and auto-x, when I try to hook up, the car has enough low end to spin the tires without dumping the clutch. An off and back on the gas turn while in 2nd can always break the tires loose. If I had R-compounds MAYBE it would be different, but who cares about losing low end you can't use anyway? I hear this all the time, the intake helps at the higher highway speeds, maybe because you can use the gains at those speeds. It also really won't matter what the hell a dyno says because I know you can't use some of that power at the lower speeds anyway. Same thing with most cars, corvettes, m3's, STI's, whatever, all of them have more power than most of the tires on the market can handle. All of these cars however have an advantage, because of the weight distribution of rwd, the max is fwd, and to be honest is still pretty quick even by todays standards.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by vsamoylov
nice vid. makes me want to go make one of my max. what do you use to upload it?
not sure what you mean by that? if you mean the site that i used to host it, it was filegone.com as it links to. If you mean to upload the video and edit i use my sony cybershot for the video and upload it through usb cable then edit the footage and add the effects and whatnot with sonic foundry's Vegas Video . hope that answers your question
Old 11-08-2005, 07:26 PM
vsamoylov

i meant the site lol.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:28 PM

lol ok well now everyone knows what i do. hopfully you can get some videos up soon!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:28 PM

it sounds like you have a blitz BOV when you first reved...lol
Old 11-08-2005, 08:16 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

You should get a G-tech if you can never make it to the track... Perfect device for all of the time 0-60 times, and 1/4 mile times.....
On a second note... I don't understand why so many people are getting so hyped up about the chirp??? I spin 2nd, and chirp 3rd.........
Old 11-08-2005, 08:21 PM
Maximoneypit

you an your Spec Stage II............
Old 11-08-2005, 08:44 PM
There's never a day when something's not on sale

Yeah.... You should drive it this weekend to get a feel for it!
Old 11-08-2005, 08:48 PM

i would use my friends Gtech but my cigarette lighter is completely broken out of the dash piece and missing from the previous owner aswell as the fact that i cut up the power and ground from it to wire up my summit RPM switch
Old 11-08-2005, 10:27 PM
Maxima.org Sponsor

Joos,

finally got a minute to look at the vid, that is sweet. I especially like the second half - car disappears, but the sound doesn't, you hear it turn around, you know its coming....

Would have been even better if the car had just gone screaming over the camera on the way back, at about a buck-twenty. Of course I'd never have the nerve to do it with my camera, but it would have looked great on yours.

Brian

Cattman Performance
Tucson, Arizona USA
Orders: 520.575.6195 (w/ tech support) and 800.759.9920 (w/o tech support)
Tech ?s: bcatts@cattman.com
Catalogue: www.cattman.com

Cattmobile: 02 6M Maxima w/ Cattman Performance (CP) combo intake, CP headers/y-pipe, CP FastCat, 2.5" CP catback, CP short shift kit, Energy Suspension shifter bushings, CP coilovers, CP FSTB, Progress RSB, 245.45.18 Toyo Proxes4 tires, 18x8 ROH DriftR rims
Old 11-08-2005, 10:50 PM

Very nice video I live in Chicago so I may come up there to Wisconsin to race with you
Old 11-09-2005, 06:29 AM
brad kay

Originally Posted by lilaclucymaxima
Very nice video... can't wait till my tranny goes, then I can convert to a 5 speed.
i'm beatin on the auto.. just .. won't .. quit..

Old 11-09-2005, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by dariod
Very nice video I live in Chicago so I may come up there to Wisconsin to race with you
lol i noticed you have a camry V6? hey my mom has a 95 coupe we can battle with
Old 11-09-2005, 08:05 AM
Donating i30 Owner

what if you ran over ur camera on the way back... would u post the video still..? i always wonder everytime i see people shooting vids by themselves.. and nice roads.. i mean i take it there hasnt been a cop on that road.. in well.. prob couple of months...
Old 11-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Do I get a tax break?

Originally Posted by HomerMAC
what if you ran over ur camera on the way back... would u post the video still..? i always wonder everytime i see people shooting vids by themselves.. and nice roads.. i mean i take it there hasnt been a cop on that road.. in well.. prob couple of months...
Unless your camera has a mind of it's own, it's not likely to "move" on it's own - so assuming you can drive straighta and you remembered where the camera was , I don't think this would be a problem..

BUT.... there's always a first time
Old 11-09-2005, 01:04 PM

Nice video.... Thanks for sharing
Old 11-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Nice video. Car sounds really good too.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:05 PM

Can you post some pics of your front bumper where you removed your fogs? I'm curious to see what it looks like in there.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:52 PM

about the running over the camera thing.... I personally am not that stupid to run it over. ALTHOUGH, the first time i did that long run down the road going out of the distance of the camera a telephone companys truck came down the road and i saw them come as i was comming back cringing in fear that they ran it over sense its so small people prolly wouldnt see it. When i got there to see the camera was just fine but turned itself off so i watched the replay on it and it only recorded my first gear then shut off for some reason, i was really hoping to see how close the truck came. Biglou i can get some pics for you tomorrow but its dark now, also if your thinking about that for your 96 idk if you still have the 96 bumper but it looks differnt behind there. Eckohb has a 95 and he also removed his foglights like i did so if anything i can get pics of his aswell.
Old 11-09-2005, 04:36 PM

about the running over the camera thing.... I personally am not that stupid to run it over. ALTHOUGH, the first time i did that long run down the road going out of the distance of the camera a telephone companys truck came down the road and i saw them come as i was comming back cringing in fear that they ran it over sense its so small people prolly wouldnt see it. When i got there to see the camera was just fine but turned itself off so i watched the replay on it and it only recorded my first gear then shut off for some reason, i was really hoping to see how close the truck came. Biglou i can get some pics for you tomorrow but its dark now, also if your thinking about that for your 96 idk if you still have the 96 bumper but it looks differnt behind there. Eckohb has a 95 and he also removed his foglights like i did so if anything i can get pics of his aswell.
I'm not really thinking of doing it to my 96 bumper, because I've had my fogs out before to try to reposition them a little, and know that it doesn't look that great. But I was wondering how yours looked because the front end looked clean, but that was from pretty far away. Anways, I was just curious, and by the way, what was the reasoning behind removing your fogs?
Old 11-09-2005, 04:37 PM

nice video indeed!!
Old 11-09-2005, 05:24 PM
I scam therefore I am

naplesmaxima aka Tommyali the scammer!'s Avatar

very very nice keep up the good work
Old 11-09-2005, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by BigLou93SE
Anways, I was just curious, and by the way, what was the reasoning behind removing your fogs?
Well i lost my job a couple months ago and needed the cash, plus the previous owner had spliced into the foglight wiring to do neons that didnt work and niether did the fogs so i didnt feel like rewiring them, took them out and sold em insted.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:17 PM

really!? wow i didnt think it was that good. Man i really want to go to the track now, mind you this video was shot with 4 gallons of milk, just above 3/4 tank of gas(you can see in the speedo shot) and a trunk full of toys for baby and a backpack of stuff. Cant wait to gut it out and run! DANG i better win the lotto or somthing before this weekend so i can go to the track.

-Ryan
When you see 7.0 second 0-60 times, keep in mind the car magazines AVERAGE their acceleration times ......

So, cheers, cause your car's faster than the mags say it is ..even if it is stock...

BTW, I hate auto, I timed my car, and its almost a whole second slower. Guess I need to save up for that y-pipe

You LUCKY Wisonsin people. Down here in Illinois-Metro Chicago, you got too much and
Old 11-09-2005, 09:13 PM

thanks for the support! i really hope i can get these headers and get them on soon!!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 AM

Tripod time

PS: You suck for not getting those exhaust clips to me!
Old 11-10-2005, 08:41 AM

lol, well truth is i DO have a tripod but if you think about it in the middle of no where would you really want to drive away from a camera thats setup in the middle of the road on a tripod? If somone comes along while im a mile down the road i cant see it and somone will think WTF somone prolly forgot there camera or somthing and take it. Even though its the middle of no where i still think its not to safe so i just choose to put it on the ground where no one can see it. ill have to redo all those exhaust clips that are in the sticky somtime and repost them as a differnt link
Old 11-10-2005, 10:15 AM

very well executed, car sounds nice
Old 11-10-2005, 11:07 AM

lol, well truth is i DO have a tripod but if you think about it in the middle of no where would you really want to drive away from a camera thats setup in the middle of the road on a tripod? If somone comes along while im a mile down the road i cant see it and somone will think WTF somone prolly forgot there camera or somthing and take it. Even though its the middle of no where i still think its not to safe so i just choose to put it on the ground where no one can see it. ill have to redo all those exhaust clips that are in the sticky somtime and repost them as a differnt link
Yeah, I don't like that idea either - even if it is only for 2mins haha. That's a $400+ piece of hardware. I just grabbed a friend last time I shot. But the likihood of it actually getting stolen in that small amount of time is very slim. Beats having it run over by a car?

Either way, cool vid.

Dare I try you on aim again?
Old 11-10-2005, 12:13 PM

lol go ahead and hit me up on AIM tonight then i can send them to you

Quick Reply: Brand new Max VIDEO