4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

What the CELl is this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Black Maxima

What the CELl is this?

Hello, all of a sudden tonight my CEL turned on. I pulled the code of 2 SLOW and 10 LONG flashes. That means "Fuel INJ sys left bank:lean". How do I fix this? What is the cause of this?

Thanks, Aaron

Old 11-11-2005, 09:08 PM
Do I get a tax break?

From the stickies:
Diagnostic Trouble Code 0210 points to a problem with the fuel injection system. When the engine management system is running in closed-loop mode the Engine Control Unit (the computer) makes continual adjustments to maintain the air-fuel ratio near the ideal point. To achieve this it relies on signals from many sensors including the Mass Air Flow Sensor and the Oxygen Sensors.

This malfunction is detected when the ECM finds that it cannot properly control the air/fuel mixture, and the mixture is too lean (too much air). DTC 0210 indicates this problem exists on the left bank (the front bank, cylinders 2, 4, and 6). Possible causes include ...
- Intake air leaks
- Front Oxygen Sensor
- one or more fuel injectors on the front bank
- exhaust gas leaks
- incorrect fuel pressure
- lack of fuel
- Mass Air Flow Sensor

--------------------------------

That being said, given that you only show the code for one bank, my guess would be the left bank o2 sensor is dying. Any driveability symptoms?

The reason I am ruling out a MAF or injectors is a bad MAF would affect both right and left bank and a bad injector would most likely cause misfires and/or driveability symptoms.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:14 PM
Black Maxima

Thanks for the reply. I saw that in the Stickies. I do not have any driveability problems. Except my exhaust did smell bad from the outside of my car tonight. I hope it's not an Oxygen Sensor, I have to do emmisions before the 28th...

Old 11-12-2005, 06:08 AM
Black Maxima

Bumpbumpbump

Old 11-12-2005, 02:47 PM
Black Maxima

Ooookkkkkkkkkkk