4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Thinking about buying a Y and/or exhaust...need some help on deciding

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 05:42 PM

Should i get Aluminized WSP Y or a SS WSP Ypipe? since that is the cheapest, thats the one i want ..i guess.... also what kinda exhaust should i get to compliment this? APexi WS? or GREDDY SP??
Old 06-04-2001, 08:53 PM

As my sig indicates, I have both a Cattman SS Y-pipe and a GReddy SS cat-back exhaust system. I also put on a Stillen hi-flow intake, which works well with the exhaust mods. In fact, I believe these mods make better HP as a group than they do individually. (I thought about getting a Random Technologies hi-flow cat, but the scuttlebutt I hear seems to indicate it's not worth it, as the bang-for-the-buck factor is too low.)

I like the SS parts. The system will last forever without rusting, and they look good, too. The sound of my exhaust is nice, and I enjoy a real increase in power, especially at the top end. And I get about 10% better gas mileage than stock! With gas prices as high as they are, it makes sense to put these mods on...

My advice:

Go the extra nickel. Go first-class. You will *never* be sorry you did! Good luck.
Old 06-04-2001, 10:04 PM

legal?

Originally posted by bullseye
As my sig indicates, I have both a Cattman SS Y-pipe and a GReddy SS cat-back exhaust system. I also put on a Stillen hi-flow intake, which works well with the exhaust mods. In fact, I believe these mods make better HP as a group than they do individually. (I thought about getting a Random Technologies hi-flow cat, but the scuttlebutt I hear seems to indicate it's not worth it, as the bang-for-the-buck factor is too low.)

I like the SS parts. The system will last forever without rusting, and they look good, too. The sound of my exhaust is nice, and I enjoy a real increase in power, especially at the top end. And I get about 10% better gas mileage than stock! With gas prices as high as they are, it makes sense to put these mods on...

My advice:

Go the extra nickel. Go first-class. You will *never* be sorry you did! Good luck.
Just curious if the mods that you did with the y pipe and all are emssion legal?
Did you install it yourself or got it at the shop and had it done?