4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

I Am Dan...say Hi To Me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2001, 02:23 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HEY WHATS UP I JUST JOINED THIS SITE SO JUST WANTED TO SAY WHATS UP... IF YOU WANT CHAT WITH MY ON AIM >HasAMaxima< GO AHEAD AND IM ME ANY TIME I DONT CARE. I LOVE MAX'S EXPECIALLY MINE I GOT A 97 PEARL WHITE 5SPD. DRIVING IS MY PASION I LOVE IT, THAT AND RACING. JUST WANT TO GET TO KNOW PPL SO IM ME OR POST A THING OR HOWEVER THIS THING WORKS
Old 06-07-2001, 02:26 PM
Administrator

HI TO ME..

oh and get a new keyboard.. this one is broken
Old 06-07-2001, 02:37 PM

Netiquette

Originally posted by maximasrule
HEY WHATS UP I JUST JOINED THIS SITE SO JUST WANTED TO SAY WHATS UP... IF YOU WANT CHAT WITH MY ON AIM >HasAMaxima< GO AHEAD AND IM ME ANY TIME I DONT CARE. I LOVE MAX'S EXPECIALLY MINE I GOT A 97 PEARL WHITE 5SPD. DRIVING IS MY PASION I LOVE IT, THAT AND RACING. JUST WANT TO GET TO KNOW PPL SO IM ME OR POST A THING OR HOWEVER THIS THING WORKS
A gentle word of constructive criticism... It is a violation of netiquette to post a message with all capital letters. It makes people think YOU ARE SHOUTING! If you read the postings of other Maxima.Org members you will see they use mostly lower case.
Old 06-07-2001, 02:43 PM
Ford Only.

Hello,I think we need to start taking it easy not trying to school people that have just joined.We need to teach them how to post...But welcome aboard you will find lots of helping hands on the board once they loosen up and get to know you.Dont worry it is ruff at first!
Old 06-07-2001, 03:20 PM

Easy guys.

Yes, the caps annoy a lot of people here. So do please try not to use it.

Hi Dan! Welcomne to the board! I hope this page will provide you with more knowlegde of your max.
Old 06-07-2001, 03:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Netiquette

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
A gentle word of constructive criticism... It is a violation of netiquette to post a message with all capital letters. It makes people think YOU ARE SHOUTING! If you read the postings of other Maxima.Org members you will see they use mostly lower case.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST OFF ID LIKE TO SAY ITS WEAK TO MAKE FUN OF MY HANDICAP....I SHOUT EVERYTHING I SAY EVEN AS IM TYPING IT. AND HERE YOU ARE MAKING FUN OF ME WELL THANKS ALOT .....LOL@YOU (Touche)
Old 06-07-2001, 04:11 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Hi Dan

Welcome to the board.
Old 06-07-2001, 04:14 PM

Yes!

Another Dan!
Old 06-07-2001, 04:29 PM

Welcom to the club!
Old 06-08-2001, 12:27 AM

Hi Dan-

Drive Happy. Enjoy the ride. And read on!

-V
Old 06-08-2001, 12:32 AM

Originally posted by vmok
Hi Dan-

Drive Happy. Enjoy the ride. And read on!

-V
Oh, and don't forget to try using that 'search' button on the upper right hand side of the screen before posting certain questions. I think the search engine is pretty weak, but that way you won't have to get schooled by Bill and Jeff . Just some words of wisdom. But don't feel restrained, just ask/post away.

-V

(btw, it's because some of the 'old timers' have answered the same question like 20 times, bur if you can't find it, do feel free to ask!)
Old 06-08-2001, 05:56 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Oh, and don't forget to try using that 'search' button on the upper right hand side of the screen before posting certain questions. I think the search engine is pretty weak, but that way you won't have to get schooled by Bill and Jeff . Just some words of wisdom. But don't feel restrained, just ask/post away.

-V

(btw, it's because some of the 'old timers' have answered the same question like 20 times, bur if you can't find it, do feel free to ask!)
Old 06-08-2001, 06:51 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

I think the search engine is pretty weak, but that way you won't have to get schooled by Bill and Jeff . Just some words of wisdom. But don't feel restrained, just ask/post away.

The search engine is not weak, it just requires some thought as to what exactly you are looking for. Its the rejection of acronyms that is the most difficult thing to overcome.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:16 AM
VG Ridah's Biatch Hoe

hi dan

welcome dan , i am new as well , been here a few months.. just stick to your guns and don't be to soft skined. enjoy the ride as they say
Old 06-08-2001, 07:17 AM

We shall overcome

Originally posted by bill99gxe
The search engine is not weak, it just requires some thought as to what exactly you are looking for. Its the rejection of acronyms that is the most difficult thing to overcome.
I've stumbled on another troublesome characteristic of the Search Engine, and that is its treatment of punctuation marks. For instance, your post includes the word "overcome". If you search for posts in the 4Gen forum made since yesterday for the word "overcome" there are no hits. If you search for the word "overcome." (note the period) it will find your post.

I consider this a shortcoming of our Search Engine. A search for "symptoms" turns up a different set of hits than a search for "symptoms.". That seems wrong.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:45 AM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

Re: We shall overcome

Originally posted by Daniel B. Martin
I've stumbled on another troublesome characteristic of the Search Engine, and that is its treatment of punctuation marks. For instance, your post includes the word "overcome". If you search for posts in the 4Gen forum made since yesterday for the word "overcome" there are no hits. If you search for the word "overcome." (note the period) it will find your post.

I consider this a shortcoming of our Search Engine. A search for "symptoms" turns up a different set of hits than a search for "symptoms.". That seems wrong.
You're right, Daniel. Whitespace (i.e. 0x20) hex characters seems to be the demarcation of how the search words are "split" and viewed. That is another nuisance as well.
Old 06-08-2001, 09:44 AM
i SeE what you did therE

welcome...

Old 06-08-2001, 11:43 AM

Re: Re: We shall overcome

Originally posted by bill99gxe

You're right, Daniel. Whitespace (i.e. 0x20) hex characters seems to be the demarcation of how the search words are "split" and viewed. That is another nuisance as well.
I've tried and tried, but sometimes it just doesn't come up with nothing...! Not saying it doesn't work, just saying that many times, what someone feels is a logical search, doesn't come up with what they're looking for. Oh well. And you're right Bill, it doesn't seem to do a good job with acryonyms.

-V