4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Warpspeed SUUUUKKKKSSSS!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Warpspeed SUUUUKKKKSSSS!!!!!

yeah 4yr warranty my as5! oh i am so mad at this company!!!!!!!!! okay so not even 2yrs ago i bought an exhaust from warpspeed. the whole thing. i mean y-pipe,high flow cat, b-pipe and muffler. cost me like $850 and i figure "what the heck, if its good then its worth it...right?"

so about 6mos ago my b-pipe starts to sag. so i loosen everything, move it back into place and tighten it back up. about 2mos later it happens ago. so i take it apart and check everything seems to be okay so i think maybe the cat. is to heavy or something so i get a test pipe. 2mos go by and the thing starts to sag AGAIN! so i take it apart and here the flange on the b-pipe that connects to the test pipe is broken. so i put it back together temporary so i can at least drive it since its my work car.

this is the most stupid design i have evr seen! flanges that arent solid on this heavy as5 exhaust. if you dont tighten it enough it sags and leaks terribly and if you tighten it to much the flange breaks! there is no happy medium.

okay so now i am a little irratated since i never liked the exhaust to begin with. it never fit right, it used to smack my rear axle over bumps because the bend over the axle isnt in the right spot and the muffler was to big and scraped on everything. plus the tip of the muffler came out way below the cutout on the bumper so it always looked retarded.

so i call the company and deal w/ this guy named 'Dallas'. he says he will send me a new b-pipe. 2weeks go by. no b-pipe. so i call again and he says he wants to see the old b-pipe. well by now the flange had completely broke off while i was driving and the b-pipe got destroyed. so i tell him to send me a box and i will ship him the b-pipe. so what does the idiot do? he sends me a new flange!

so i call again, and say "hey my b-pipe got ruined when it fell off the car when i was driving so this flange isnt going to help me. where is the box at?" he says okay i will send you a box. 2 MORE weeks go by. no box. so i call. he says "oh well i cant send you a box unless you pay to have it shipped." why didnt you tell me that a month ago when i first asked for you to send me the box you as5hole? why are you ****ing me off???????????????????

so by now its been 6mos since i started having problems and almost 2mos since he said he was going to send me a new b-pipe! in the meantime i have been pulled over twice for my car being so ridiculously loud and i have been out of inspection for a month. so i said screw it...got a pasesetter exhaust from ebay for $210 and it looks and fits 100000000000times better than w/s.

Dallas if you read this i want you to know that your a friggen moron.
DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM WARPSPEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 01-25-2006, 03:25 PM
Need A Light?

im suprised you even got in touch with them....some members dont even get in touch with them, with their screwed up exhaust...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:29 PM

budget 300 for y and b pipe plus 40 dollar metal hanger and its SS lol..... weak sauce life is a ***** then you die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by steven88
im suprised you even got in touch with them....some members dont even get in touch with them, with their screwed up exhaust...

you just have to call about 7 times a day for a week until they get annoyed and realize that your not gonna dissapear and then they might call you back.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:38 PM
VK56 Inside

That sucks man. But this should really be in the Vendor Feedback Forum.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:39 PM
Proud Maxima Owner

I don't know what I did wrong, bought the Y-pipe and SS B pipe from them for less than $300.00. Had it on for 3 yrs. NO problems..............Yet.
Old 01-25-2006, 03:39 PM
boost me.....

Post this in the Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum, not 4th gen...
Old 01-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Tha Snatcher

Amazing how some of these companies work. :thumbdo:
Old 01-25-2006, 03:45 PM

The funniest thing about WS was when they tried slamming Budget as one of their marketing tactics.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:32 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

i must be the oddity...all my warpspeed stuff has been fine both on my 3rd gen and 4th gen...
Old 01-25-2006, 05:36 PM

I bought a test pipe from them and got it in three and a half weeks. Excuse on there part was "Dallas didn't check his mail"....

I won't ever deal with them again.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:56 PM

i do have to say that my ypipe is starting 2 sag....but thats because my exhaust hangers are stretched like stretch marks haha.....
Old 01-25-2006, 08:01 PM

If Any1 Can Help.....

any1 know the reason why my ypipe where it meets my cat would sag? do i need to retighten anything?...btw i do have the apex ws2 catback. other than the exhaust hangers being stretched far...any help? sorry don't mean to steal your thread larry.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

got my y-ppe on that big deal a long time ago. (and still haven't had a single problem replaced from my crashed maxima to the new one, and stilll good pipe...
Old 01-25-2006, 10:07 PM
be the change u want2C

you could if you wanted slapem with a law suit and be a **** about it... start recording your calls to them for evidence though... you can make them pay for that and your inconveniences...
Old 01-26-2006, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by Ninos_Maxima
you could if you wanted slapem with a law suit and be a **** about it... start recording your calls to them for evidence though... you can make them pay for that and your inconveniences...

they arent worth any more of my time. sometimes you just got to count your losses i think. but i hope this thread deters some people from buying their products and if it does then i will feel justified.
Old 01-26-2006, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by RastaManMax
The funniest thing about WS was when they tried slamming Budget as one of their marketing tactics.
Tried? Its still on their website along with their cheap shot at Cattman:

http://www.warpspeedperformance.com/nissan.htm (towards bottom of page)
Old 01-26-2006, 06:04 AM
What was that?

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster

That is hilarious. I love how much they mention that their product is made in the US. Cause you know everything great is made in good ole USA.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Caracicatriz
That is hilarious. I love how much they mention that their product is made in the US. Cause you know everything great is made in good ole USA.

alot of great things are made in the USA but this is not one of them.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by Puppetmaster

hey, look halfway down the web page where they have a photo of an exhaust tip that says "tip was centered after photo taken"...why not center it before the photo? maybe because you welded the hangers on the muffler in the wrong spot (like mine where) and it wont center! (like mine never did)
Old 01-26-2006, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by Caracicatriz
designed exclusively for a car made in Japan...
Old 01-26-2006, 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by larryseibel
alot of great things are made in the USA but this is not one of them.
Agreed....

And free trade > protectionism.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:35 AM

Location: a charming town in Connecticut first settled in the 1600s
i hope this thread deters some people from buying their products and if it does then i will feel justified.
threads like this are the reason why i haven't installed a y: shoddy products and shoddy support. i just can't be bothered to deal with such incompetence.
Old 01-26-2006, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by FunLovinMaxima
threads like this are the reason why i haven't installed a y: shoddy products and shoddy support. i just can't be bothered to deal with such incompetence.
Well Cattman and CE's ypipe have had no complaints...
Old 01-26-2006, 11:12 AM

FYI with my wsp y-pipe i am getting these "burping" noise under heavy load in first gear.
I bougth it used but
Old 01-26-2006, 12:58 PM

Man why did they have to do that "made in the USA" stuff. Makes americans look stupid, I hate when ppl do that stuff. Just linking me to that website will make me not buy anything from them. I don't trust companies that bash other companies. If they truely were better they wouldn't have to say it...
Old 01-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Warpspeed FTL
Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM

I love my warpspeed
Old 01-26-2006, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by maxima_kenny96
I love my warpspeed

your one of the few!
Old 01-26-2006, 05:16 PM

sounds like WS is real F-up. i guess i go else where for y-pipe.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:58 PM
5th Gen till she dies!

i like mt WS y-pipe as well, i have had no problems with it......but i do not look forward to dealing with them ever....
Old 01-26-2006, 07:30 PM

I thought about getting a b-pipe and muffler from them a while back. I read some posts regarding those items not fitting correctly and decided against it.

I have one of their SS y-pipes on my car, had it for over two years now. At first I had to realign my cat converter shield to stop the rattling, and wrap it with headerwrap to decrease the bees in the can sound. While I felt I should not have had to do this, I still think it's a good mod. If I had to do it all over again I would have paid more for a product that had less fitment issues.

Sounds like things have gone downhill over there. I'm glad I did not go with their catback.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:07 PM

honestly the y-pipe isnt that bad its the rest of the exhaust stuff they sell thats bad. the product, shipping and customer service are all terrible. i havent had any problems w/ my y-pipe (yet) but the rest of it has been a total disaster. aside from a little bees in can its been okay but if i had to do it again i would go with somebody else like budget.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:16 PM

i enjoy the power that my headers/y-pipe gave me, but i will NEVER PUT ON A BOLT ON AGAIN. I can't weld them and no one wants to do it locally, so I have to keep on getting underneath my car and tightening the flanges....
Old 01-27-2006, 05:54 AM
csb

I realized it was time for a new exhaust system some time ago. I kept asking myself which manufacturer to choose, as there are so many (almost as many as there are opinions on this matter). I wound up visiting a local performance shop called High Performance Art and the lead technician talked me into a custom built 2.5" system with Magnaflow exhaust. He used almost no hangers and absolutely no clamps whatsoever...beautiful welds at every union. He built the Y-pipe from scratch using my description of what I was looking for. Wow...what a result! I believe the entire system cost $600.00 (from the exhaust manifold to the tip...including the tip and a high-flow cat). People warned me against doing this, saying that the fit would likely be subpar, etc. It couldn't fit better. As for the power increase, it's noticeable everywhere. Of course, I'm also one of the few who swears by my Stillen hi-flow intake for increased power and mileage (regardless of air temperature). Just wanted to add my 2 cents...
Old 01-27-2006, 07:03 AM

honestly the y-pipe isnt that bad its the rest of the exhaust stuff they sell thats bad. the product, shipping and customer service are all terrible. i havent had any problems w/ my y-pipe (yet) but the rest of it has been a total disaster. aside from a little bees in can its been okay but if i had to do it again i would go with somebody else like budget.

yeah i take back this comment that the y-pipe isnt that bad...just crawled underneath my car this morning and found an exhaust leak at the y-pipe/b-pipe juction. the b-pipe has a solid flange and the y-pipe doesnt. i am just scared to tighten the flange after what happened to the weak flange on my b-pipe! thats all i need is to break my y-pipe so i can drop another $275! i guess i will live w/ the small leak and add one more reason to my long list of why not to buy from warpspeed.

10) shipping is terrible
9) expensive
8) product is low quality material
7) product has design flaws
6) bashing budget and other superior companies
5) they have no customer loyalty
4) product does not fit right
3) they do not stand behind their product
2) they do not stand behind their warranty
1) customer service is hideous!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by JOMAN
any1 know the reason why my ypipe where it meets my cat would sag? do i need to retighten anything?...btw i do have the apex ws2 catback. other than the exhaust hangers being stretched far...any help? sorry don't mean to steal your thread larry.
Try to reuse the stock hanger. I agree, the WSP supplied hanger for the Y-pipe sucks. It would always sag, the stock one held it in place better.
Old 01-27-2006, 12:40 PM

Larry:
We told you the first time you called to put it in a box and return it to us, we would promptly repair or replace it. That is our policy and it has always been our policy. The reason we have one is that we never get the problem part back if there really was one.

You said you were a moderator on maxima.org and you would give us hell if we did not send you another one right away, maybe you are a moderator maybe not. That did not weigh in my decision to not send you a new system without seeing the old one. I said I would try to send you a box, I guess you weren't smart enough to just go to UHAUL. I forgot to send you an empty one. My apologies.

If our catbacks are so bad why would you even want a replacement according to your top ten list. We'll certainlly try to improve everything on your list.

There are more people on the org that have had a positive experience with us than not, sorry we did not live up to your expectations. Next time do the seller or manufacturer a favor, get a box.

regards
Dallas

WarpSpeed Performance
Old 01-27-2006, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by bmfjeep
Larry:
We told you the first time you called to put it in a box and return it to us, we would promptly repair or replace it. That is our policy and it has always been our policy. The reason we have one is that we never get the problem part back if there really was one.

You said you were a moderator on maxima.org and you would give us hell if we did not send you another one right away, maybe you are a moderator maybe not. That did not weigh in my decision to not send you a new system without seeing the old one. I said I would try to send you a box, I guess you weren't smart enough to just go to UHAUL. I forgot to send you an empty one. My apologies.

If our catbacks are so bad why would you even want a replacement according to your top ten list. We'll certainlly try to improve everything on your list. WarpSpeed Performance

liar...the first time i called you said you would send me a new one. then you didnt return my phone calls for 2 weeks. then you said you would send me a box and never did. then you didnt return my phone calls again. then you told me to pay you shipping to send the box. why woulnt you have said that in the first place 2mos ago??????????????

the only reason i told you i was a mod. was because after you ****ed me off for 2mos. you might actually take me seriously and get the ball rolling. obviously you didnt and dont care what anyone on the org

i all but guarantee that at less than half the people are fully satisfied w/ warpspeed. i can understand why you would want the old one back. thats fine but dont tell the customer you will send them a new one! you are so anxious to take peoples orders over the phone yet when someone has a problem you NNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEVVVVEEEEERRRRRRRRRR call them back!!!!!!!! i am glad that you saw this thread BTW because i was going to e-mail it to you. if you mess w/ people on the org. they will mess w/ you and its your income so you should be way more helpful than you are.
Old 01-27-2006, 03:26 PM

I've had my WSP SS Y pipe for about 3 years now...no problems

Quick Reply: Warpspeed SUUUUKKKKSSSS!!!!!