4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Comments,Maxima,Import Scene,Altezzas,CF Hoods,Rice Stuff?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2001, 07:11 PM
Master Will

YES MY CAPS ARE LOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"EVERYBODY'S A CRITIC.... IT'S GETTING,IT'S GETTING....KINDA HECTIC..."- QUOTE TAKEN FROMA RAP SONG "POWER" FROM THE EIGHTIES- CHILL ROB G.

ALTEZZAS,CARBON FIBER HOODS,BILLET GRILLS,DOUBLE DECKER WINGS, ETC....THEN WE WONDER WHY MAXIMA'S NEVER GET A "FAIR" STANDING IN THE IMPORT WORLD WHEN "THEY" DO "FINALLY" MAKE A PART FOR "US" WE "COMPLAIN"...WHAT GIVES.....?

WE EACH HAVE OUR OWN INDIVIDUAL CARS,TASTE,STYLE,WALLET SIZES(SOME SMALLER OR LARGER THAN OTHERS)WE DO WHAT WE WANT TO OUR CARS........WE ALL CAN AGREE ON ONE COMMON THING WE ALL DRIVE MAXIMA'S....LET EACH OF US HAVE OUR OWN LITTLE STYLE.....THIS IS WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT IN MANY
WAYS....WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS ON THINGS FROM FOOD TO JEANS TO HOUSES TO MOVIES TO EACH HIS OWN VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE...
I AM JUST COMMENTING ON THE OUTRAGE OF FLAME THREADS SINCE THE "ALTEZZAS" CAME OUT WHY?????
SOME LIKE THEM SOME DON'T SO......
IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING FOR YOUR CAR THEN YOU BUY IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN YOU DON'T BUY IT RIGHT? OK....SIMPLE BUT DON'T KNOCK THE OTHER GUYS TASTES OR STYLE...BUT THIS IS A GOOD REASON TO HAVE A NICE FORUM LIKE THIS SO WE CAN VOICE OUR OPINIONS BECAUSE WE ALL ARE DIFFERENT... NO ONE CAN STOP ANYONE FROM DOING A MOD TO HIS CAR BUT WE ALL INFLUENCE EACH OTHER'S DECISIONS ON HERE AS TO DO IT OR NOT BUT NO MATTER WHAT OPINIONS WE GET ON HERE WE STILL DO WHAT WE WANT IN THE END...
EXAMPLE I LIKE THE ALTEZZAS AND WILL GET THEM WHEN THEY COME OUT FOR MY 97...BUT I DON'T LIKE THE CARBON FIBER HOODS...BUT THAT'S JUST ME AND WHO EVER GET'S ONE FOR HIS CAR FINE IT IS COOL WITH ME IT IS JUST NOT MY STYLE....THERE IS NO ONE CAR THAT EVERYONE LIKES EVERY SINGLE THING A PERSON DOES TO IT BUT THAT IS JUST OUR OWN OPINIONS....

PLEASE COMMENT,FLAME, WHAT EVER!!!! ON THIS THANK YOU....
Old 06-11-2001, 07:20 PM
OG

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

"EVERYBODY'S A CRITIC.... IT'S GETTING,IT'S GETTING....KINDA HECTIC..."- QUOTE TAKEN FROMA RAP SONG "POWER" FROM THE EIGHTIES- CHILL ROB G.

ALTEZZAS,CARBON FIBER HOODS,BILLET GRILLS,DOUBLE DECKER WINGS, ETC....THEN WE WONDER WHY MAXIMA'S NEVER GET A "FAIR" STANDING IN THE IMPORT WORLD WHEN "THEY" DO "FINALLY" MAKE A PART FOR "US" WE "COMPLAIN"...WHAT GIVES.....?

WE EACH HAVE OUR OWN INDIVIDUAL CARS,TASTE,STYLE,WALLET SIZES(SOME SMALLER OR LARGER THAN OTHERS)WE DO WHAT WE WANT TO OUR CARS........WE ALL CAN AGREE ON ONE COMMON THING WE ALL DRIVE MAXIMA'S....LET EACH OF US HAVE OUR OWN LITTLE STYLE.....THIS IS WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT IN MANY
WAYS....WE ALL HAVE OUR OPIONS ON THINGS FROM FOOD TO JEANS TO HOUSES TO MOVIES TO EACH HIS OWN VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE...
I AM JUST COMMENTING ON THE OUTRAGE OF FLAME THREADS SINCE THE "ALTEZZAS" CAME OUT WHY?????
IF YOU LIKE SOMETHING FOR YOUR CAR THEN YOU BUY IT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN YOU DON'T BUY IT RIGHT? OK....SIMPLE BUT DON'T KNOCK THE OTHER GUYS TASTES OR STYLE...BUT THIS IS A GOOD REASON TO HAVE A NICE FORUM LIKE THIS SO WE CAN VOICE OUR OPINIONS BECAUSE WE ALL ARE DIFFERENT... NO ONE CAN STOP ANYONE FROM DOING A MOD TO HIS CAR BUT WE ALL INFLUENCE EACH OTHER'S DECISIONS ON HERE AS TO DO IT OR NOT BUT NO MATTER WHAT OPINIONS WE GET ON HERE WE STILL DO WHAT WE WANT IN THE END...
EXAMPLE I LIKE THE ALTEZZAS AND WILL GET THEM WHEN THEY COME OUT FOR MY 97...BUT I DON'T LIKE THE CARBON FIBER HOODS...BUT THAT'S JUST ME AND WHOEVER GET'S ONE FOR HIS CAR FINE IT IS COOL WITH ME IT IS JUST NOT MY STYLE....THERE IS NO ONE CAR THAT EVERYONE LIKES EVRY SINGLE THING A PERSON DOES TO IT BUT THAT IS JUST OUR OWN OPINIONS....

I couldn't agree more bro! Well said.
Old 06-11-2001, 07:43 PM

PREACH ON BROTHA!!!!

Originally posted by metallic97gxe

WAYS....WE ALL HAVE OUR OPINIONS ON THINGS FROM FOOD TO JEANS TO HOUSES TO MOVIES TO EACH HIS OWN VARIETY IS THE SPICE OF LIFE...
EXAMPLE I LIKE THE ALTEZZAS AND WILL GET THEM WHEN THEY COME OUT FOR MY 97...BUT I DON'T LIKE THE CARBON FIBER HOODS...BUT THAT'S JUST ME AND WHO EVER GET'S ONE FOR HIS CAR FINE IT IS COOL WITH ME IT IS JUST NOT MY STYLE....THERE IS NO ONE CAR THAT EVERYONE LIKES EVERY SINGLE THING A PERSON DOES TO IT BUT THAT IS JUST OUR OWN OPINIONS....

Old 06-11-2001, 08:05 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Your grammar gives me a headache.

Lemme guess, your point is to each his own?

Do you think that a certain car has 'made it' when APC makes lighting accessories for that car. Please.

I don't see why we can't aruge our own opinions. You seem to only want to hear good stuff. Just because everyone has their own tastes doesn't mean it's good taste. People have very stong feelings about these Altezzas for a good reason. I think that most of the people who are opposing these tails feel that they are tacky.

It's that simple.
Old 06-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Master Will

Originally posted by NickStam
Your grammar gives me a headache.

Lemme guess, your point is to each his own?

Do you think that a certain car has 'made it' when APC makes lighting accessories for that car. Please.

I don't see why we can't aruge our own opinions. You seem to only want to hear good stuff. Just because everyone has their own tastes doesn't mean it's good taste. People have very stong feelings about these Altezzas for a good reason. I think that most of the people who are opposing these tails feel that they are tacky.

It's that simple.
thank you for your comments......
"Just because everyone has their own tastes doesn't mean it's good taste."- your personal opinion......now how can I say this is wrong?
"I think that most of the people who are opposing these tails feel that they are tacky."-YOU think...good....

opinions are never wrong....
Old 06-11-2001, 09:05 PM

youre right metallic... i say if some of these people hate altezzas that much, they should go out and buy them and destroy them so they know that one less person will have them.. sounds ridiculous but so does some of these post about people who act like the altezzas were affiliated with timothy mcveigh in blowing up the building... all i say is have your own opinion, some like some dont like, but dont put people down on things that they like, because its their opinion and their car.. by the way if you dont like something on my car, feel free to buy me things that you think would look good on it
Old 06-11-2001, 09:05 PM

haha yea but its kinda amusing watching everyone swing from left to right to left to right
Old 06-11-2001, 09:55 PM

Every body has his/her own tastes and opinion. How that person wants to express it is in his/her own right that what make this country a United States. Human nature is to criticize other opinion or tastes for not being the same with the critic. That's what make this world a "dog eats dog world". Some people likes Vangogh and thinks his arts are beautiful while to other they are a bunch of puzzles.
That's my opinion
Old 06-12-2001, 04:23 AM

Honestly,

I hate the altezzas. Thats my opinion. I hate MOST of the ricey civicy stuff that we can get or our maximas. I do mean MOST. Some are alright. Metallic is right though, everyone is entiltled to his own opinion. Why should we make fun of other maxima owners? They too are part of the is "community."

What if your boss comes in with altezzas on his car one day? You gonna tell him that its ugly? I think not.
Old 06-12-2001, 07:42 AM
Moderator running more PSI than all the boosted Maximas... combined

I just don't like the chrome part. Stands out way too much. If they make them with carbon fiber surround, I would get them. If not, I would just do the outter part and custom mold a real IS300 inner pieces into the trunk
Old 06-12-2001, 11:15 AM

I bought a Maxima because it is a classy, tasteful car.
Altezza lights are neither classy, nor tasteful.

No one on this board can say they don't chuckle when coming up on a civic or accord with altezzas and a coffee can muffler, so why would you want to do that to your car?

I won't buy them for my car, which is my perrogotive. What others do is not my concern. As long as you are happy with the way your car looks, that's all that matters.
Old 06-12-2001, 11:37 AM
I'm needing a caw

If we put alot of the "rice" stuff on our maximas, we become the very thing we hate most about all the honda rice guys. We all talk about rice honda that, rice honda this but then at the same time, I see more of this rice stuff on our types of cars. I like maybe one or two things but when you add every single doo-dad that's available to try to be "different", you end up looking like all those other BOZOS that are trying to be different. Ya-know?

The more crap I see on cars I see, the more I think, "damn more money than cents (sense)"

You know, if I see some super riced out maximas, I might run their name and put their "Icy-Hot Stuntz" name in a post below. hahahah.
Old 06-12-2001, 11:40 AM

I have been watching this thread all day at work. It's funny to see everyone get so worked up over some tail lights. Really it doesn't matter if you like them or not. If you like buy, if not don't. I personally could care less, they are different. But then again, people aren't open change. From what I hear in the car industry, a lot of people are going to be ****ed with cars b/c they are slowly going to that still. Yall have a nice day.

Can you handle change, is the question?

K
Old 06-12-2001, 12:20 PM

Originally posted by Bernie Lomax
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Altezza-style taillights work great with the chiseled, angular look of, well, Altezzas

But even then they don't look great. IMO chrome is rather gaudy. It sticks out like a sore thumb (for example, chromed 19's, or the chromed SE rims my car originally came with...ugh). Shiny is bad They MIGHT look good if it were carbon fiber, but that doesn't mean I would buy them. Like I said before, I'll stick to clearing out my taillights.

BTW, I am planning on a carbon fiber hood in the future. Why? Because it looks good, and shaves 25 pounds off the front end of the car. And gee, this goes with my intention of adding as little weight (and conversely, removing as much weight) as possible (sprung and unsprung.)

Speaking of which, anyone know how much Enkei RP01's weigh/cost?
Old 06-12-2001, 12:26 PM
Minister of Silly Walks

Originally posted by La Jolla Max

Speaking of which, anyone know how much Enkei RP01's weigh/cost?
I dont know how much they weigh,but I do know they are definitely on the lighter side. But, they arent manufactured anymore...keep that in mind.

I think they've been replaced by the RP-05...
Old 06-12-2001, 12:41 PM

The point about change is a good point. Everyone is entitled to believe what he or she wants to believe. I don't care much for the altezza's, but if I pull up to someone with them, I'm going to think no less of him or her. Some people go for the looks. Some folks go for the performance. Some folks just don't care. But seriously folks, what makes the Maxima the Maxima is still the same. Why do we like Maxima's? Is it because of the way it looks? Is it because of how it performs? Or is because the car gives us the ability to express our individual tastes in a uniform matter? No matter what someone does to their car, emphasis on "their", the fact remains that it is a Nissan Maxima at heart. After all, isn't the Maxima what we all share in common? I don't remember joining this group and having to give a detailed list of my personal opinions about what a Maxima should and shouldn't look like.

For all of those that think that their opinion should be the only opinion allowed:

"Sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought stupid then to speak and let it be known."

-Anonymous
Old 06-12-2001, 01:20 PM

Well said.

K
Old 06-12-2001, 01:25 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

It's simple

It's simple as this... Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has them, and they all stink...
Just my $.02
Old 06-12-2001, 01:27 PM
KraZel

well if I see a maxima with these lights and i like them on the car then i will probaly get them also...4get all the rice stuff thats going on if they look good then get em

Old 06-12-2001, 01:38 PM
1st97SE

well said bernie. i could not have said it better.

1st97SE

Originally posted by Bernie Lomax

No one on this board can say they don't chuckle when coming up on a civic or accord with altezzas and a coffee can muffler, so why would you want to do that to your car?

I won't buy them for my car, which is my perrogotive. What others do is not my concern. As long as you are happy with the way your car looks, that's all that matters.

Old 06-13-2001, 01:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff92se
You know, if I see some super riced out maximas, I might run their name and put their "Icy-Hot Stuntz" name in a post below. hahahah.
Here ya go!

This summer, I'm actually trying to rice out my car. Why not? Seems to be the trend....now my Audi S4, thats a different story...
Old 06-13-2001, 08:23 AM

sheesh

this just goes to show that there are alot of angry people out there...watch out!

PS-Boo Altezzas (Tee Hee Hee)
Old 06-13-2001, 08:42 AM
I'm needing a caw

Pooh Rizzza Killa!

hehe

Originally posted by Slickismax

Here ya go!

This summer, I'm actually trying to rice out my car. Why not? Seems to be the trend....now my Audi S4, thats a different story...