4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Seafoam video

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 06:41 PM

Seafoam video

For all those folks who keep asking about where to put Seafoam, I have made a video showing how I do it.

I use a concentrated version of Seafoam called, "Deep Creep" that comes in an aerosol spray. It is easier to use than a trying to pour Seafoam liquid into the brake booster hose.

In the video, I spray the Deep Creep directly into the intake manifold via the intake valve by disconnecting the brake booster hose from it. Take a look at the video:

http://www.dr-rjp.com/Deep_Creep_150.wmv

Unfortunately, my arm was blocking the camera when I was actually started spraying the Deep Creep into the intake manifold...but, you'll get the idea.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:48 PM

Nicely done, hopefully a Mod will put this in the How-To sticky.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

How Much did you spray??
Old 03-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

nice shirt....
Old 03-12-2006, 06:58 PM

great video, yes sadly your arm was blocking it. but i mean if you don't understand it with that video then i'm not sure what to tell you. this aerosol can is pretty nice.

question does it smoke like how seafoam does in the can.
Old 03-12-2006, 07:07 PM

alright i will be the first to add my advice.... (with out being mean)

first its a lot easier to disconnect it right from the brake booster cuz you can pour in a lot more in that way...

second.. every time i use this stuff i at least use a little less than half the cand and some 93 octane fuel.. mixed half and half...
i dump it in untill the motor almost stalls then back up a little and continue...
then i let the car sit for like a 30 minutes and then (use my remote start and turn it on and watch my neighbors reactions from the window)

i believe that one large dose does the job a lot better.. just my 2 cents
Old 03-12-2006, 07:38 PM

i'm sad....i didn't get to see a smoke show. I was anticipating it through the whole video lol. But nice work on the vid, i will be doing this soon. I will be doing it through the brake booster though because i don't have the spray can.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:12 PM

i get really good idea of it, BUT U SPRAY in the manifold or tube, dumb Q, but just to make sure, thank you.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:13 PM

i'm a newbee in intake questions so let me know why is that all for. Where i can get this Seafoam and what it gives me.
Will be really appreciate. Sorry for off t.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:19 PM
Cheesing away...

wow, that was a nicely made video.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:20 PM

i think i just found it.

http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cgi?prod_id=39885
Old 03-12-2006, 08:25 PM

That is a great video, but I never see the spray can like that. It would make it alot easier. where did you get the can from? anyone know? I have been waiting for someone to make a video like this.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:34 PM
I need an intervention

Originally Posted by 99grnmaxgxe
Nicely done, hopefully a Mod will put this in the How-To sticky.
Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 PM

werd nice vid.

time for a vid for a 3.5 swap
Old 03-12-2006, 08:53 PM

for my area. carquest was the only one that carried it for awhile. now pepboys carry it as well and thats one of the can we sell. yes we, i work for them. i know i suck butt but oh well. lata
Old 03-12-2006, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Da Max
werd nice vid.

time for a vid for a 3.5 swap
and a how-to-make-your-car-go-as-fast-as-mardigras-max-video
Old 03-12-2006, 11:32 PM

I too am a complete newb when it comes to the intake manifold, great explanation, just wish ur shoulder wasn't blocking it so I could have seen EXACTLY what was going on...
Old 03-12-2006, 11:57 PM
10 psi

Originally Posted by black97
i'm a newbee in intake questions so let me know why is that all for. Where i can get this Seafoam and what it gives me.
Will be really appreciate. Sorry for off t.

Cleans, penetrates, lubricates and dries, all from a 100% pure petroleum product. For use in all 2 and 4 cycle gas and diesel engines. Uses: •Carbon clearer •Air intake cleaner •Penetrant & lubricant •Engine fogging oil •Starting spray w/lube •Air tool oil & cleaner •Door lock deicer & lube •Gun cleaner & oil •Moisture disperser. Hundreds of household and shop uses. Deep Creep works with instant action and is oxygen sensor safe.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by MetsMAXIMA31
How Much did you spray??
Well, you'd have to count the seconds that I held the top down. I think you can hear it in the clip.

I'd say about 10 seconds worth.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by TurTLe*
great video, yes sadly your arm was blocking it. but i mean if you don't understand it with that video then i'm not sure what to tell you. this aerosol can is pretty nice.

question does it smoke like how seafoam does in the can.
I am going to redo it, with the can in the frame this time.

I did not notice any smoke afterwards. Now, there may have been smoke coming out while I was spraying.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by wanaMax
That is a great video, but I never see the spray can like that. It would make it alot easier. where did you get the can from? anyone know? I have been waiting for someone to make a video like this.
Don't worry...I am going to reshoot the sequence with the can being sprayed into the manifold. Maybe I can convince the girlfriend to do the filming...but I trust the tripod more. :-)

I bought it from ADVANCE AUTO PARTS.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Yahhhhhhh

Ok. I heard of the spray seafoam but never saw it. I think i will look for it today. I still have a bunch of the regular can left from when I did it a month ago but I didn't get any smoke either. When I did my old '93 Camry I got a ton of smoke after starting it.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Originally Posted by dr-rjp
For all those folks who keep asking about where to put Seafoam, I have made a video showing how I do it.

I use a concentrated version of Seafoam called, "Deep Creep" that comes in an aerosol spray. It is easier to use than a trying to pour Seafoam liquid into the brake booster hose.

In the video, I spray the Deep Creep directly into the intake manifold via the intake valve by disconnecting the brake booster hose from it. Take a look at the video:

http://www.dr-rjp.com/Deep_Creep_HI.wmv

Unfortunately, my arm was blocking the camera when I was actually started spraying the Deep Creep into the intake manifold...but, you'll get the idea.

No one ever said anything about pouring seafoam into anything. The vacuum from the engine sucks the liquid in.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:51 PM

OK, folks. I redid the video at the part where I spray in Deep Creep. Through the magic of video and sound editing (I'll explain later), here is the new and improved, Deep Creep Video:

http://www.dr-rjp.com/Deep_Creep_150.wmv

The "150" is to signify that the video has a bitrate of 150kbps. The filesize is 3.5 MB.

If you are stuck with 56k dial-up, and wish a smaller file to download, please let me know and I'll make one less than one megabyte.

The scene of me spraying the Deep Creep into the intake is a static shot that was repeated several times. Added to that was just the audio portion of me revving the engine via the throttle cable (which gave y'all a great shot of my shirt). I also redid a part of the section where I replace the vacuum hose.

All in all, it turned out pretty good, and I want to thank each and every one of you who complimented me on the making of it.

I'd like to take the time to thank my Director (me), the videographer (me), the film editor (me) and sound editor (me)...blah, blah, blah. :-)

Isn't that what they do at the Oscars?

How many people liked my video more than "Brokeback Mountain?"

Sorry....that's what happens when you inhale too much Deep Crap...I mean, Creep.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Yahhhhhhh

Great edit.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:30 PM
Cheesing away...

How many people just spray it into the intake manifold and no where else? No oil, or gas. Also dr-rjp, how long did you have to drive it before the car felt like it was back to normal or drove better? How long did it take before you felt that all of it had burned through?
Old 03-13-2006, 04:12 PM

if anyone needs a video of this with liquid seafoam let me know
Old 03-13-2006, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by KsuMax
How many people just spray it into the intake manifold and no where else? No oil, or gas. Also dr-rjp, how long did you have to drive it before the car felt like it was back to normal or drove better? How long did it take before you felt that all of it had burned through?
The effect was almost immediate. I expected it to stumble for awhile, but after punching the gas a few times, it was running better than before I sprayed.

Personally, I would not put this in my oil. There are other places under the hood where I would spray, though, like the PCV valve and into the throttle body.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:08 AM
This ORG has saved me $$$$$$$$

D*mn good video. I've saved it to my computer for when I do this.

When you say "running better than before" do you mean better rpm's or what exactly.

I'm still not sure about spraying this stuff in and what kind of debris it will loosen up and run through my engine.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:38 AM

Cant you just unhook it right from the brake booster and then put the hose in a bottle of sea foam and let the "vaccum" line suck it up and also make sure to have someone on the throttle because it will usually kill it.
Old 03-14-2006, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by siballiance
i get really good idea of it, BUT U SPRAY in the manifold or tube, dumb Q, but just to make sure, thank you.
I spray directly into the intake manifold via the metal valve or connector that is attached to the brake booster hose.

See the new video
Old 03-14-2006, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Juicey
D*mn good video. I've saved it to my computer for when I do this.

When you say "running better than before" do you mean better rpm's or what exactly.
Thanks, Juicey.

I know it's a BUTT DYNO thing, but the accelerations felt more responsive; i.e., more of a "whiplash" effect when punching it -- which may not be a good thing, come to think of it ;-)

I don't know how else to describe it.

Originally Posted by Juicey
I'm still not sure about spraying this stuff in and what kind of debris it will loosen up and run through my engine.
There should not be any physical debris in your intake manifold...just carbon deposits.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:42 PM

I just tried this stuff and im in love with it. just used the regular sea foam stuff, let the engine suck it up and watched the smoke show. For those who usually just clean the throttle body and butterfly plate, this is a step up.

Here are some written directions to do the sucking method with the regular sea foam bottle, not deep creep. It also mentions putting it in the crankcase and gas tank, which i also did and haven't noticed any problems.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=755765 Directions are about half way down the page. There are some other interesting points in there about this stuff.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Cheesing away...

Originally Posted by Kevo268
I just tried this stuff and im in love with it. just used the regular sea foam stuff, let the engine suck it up and watched the smoke show. For those who usually just clean the throttle body and butterfly plate, this is a step up.

Here are some written directions to do the sucking method with the regular sea foam bottle, not deep creep. It also mentions putting it in the crankcase and gas tank, which i also did and haven't noticed any problems.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=755765 Directions are about half way down the page. There are some other interesting points in there about this stuff.
You need to change your oil soon if your put it in the crankcase.
Old 03-15-2006, 06:48 PM

This stuff is great. I have used it in my 97 Grand Cherokee with great results and will be doing it to the wife's 99 Maxima SE this weekend. There is nothing better out there.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:40 PM

Where can I get this product? How much does it cost?
Old 03-15-2006, 09:26 PM

about $5-8 at your local auto part store. well i haven't seen deep creep just the normal sea foam.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:35 AM

You're not getting much seafoam in there with that aerosol can upsidedown.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:24 AM
still brewin'

Originally Posted by Themajesticking
Ok. I heard of the spray seafoam but never saw it. I think i will look for it today. I still have a bunch of the regular can left from when I did it a month ago but I didn't get any smoke either. When I did my old '93 Camry I got a ton of smoke after starting it.

I think the amount of white smoke you get all depends on if you've used FI cleaners on a regular basis, or if you've used some shortly prior to using seafoam. I've had barely any on my come from my 2nd gen because of using FI cleaner once every oil change.
Old 03-16-2006, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Yayomax
I think the amount of white smoke you get all depends on if you've used FI cleaners on a regular basis, or if you've used some shortly prior to using seafoam. I've had barely any on my come from my 2nd gen because of using FI cleaner once every oil change.
Big DITTO!!

Quick Reply: Seafoam video