4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Help me with my Bose Stereo

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2001, 12:55 PM

Hi, I had a problem with my CD player this morning, it wont eject the CD. I can't hear any motor noise from the radio, and the display says "CD err".

Is there any way I can get this out without going to a car stereo shop? Any ideas on whats wrong?

Jack
Old 06-13-2001, 01:05 PM

Hummmmm I have no idea....but I would say try to take the main radio or bose fuse out and put it back in....it may reset the systems that way....just a thought may not work. Then you might have to take it apart...

David
Originally posted by JacksMax
Hi, I had a problem with my CD player this morning, it wont eject the CD. I can't hear any motor noise from the radio, and the display says "CD err".

Is there any way I can get this out without going to a car stereo shop? Any ideas on whats wrong?

Jack
Old 06-14-2001, 09:02 AM

Originally posted by dmbrazilian
Hummmmm I have no idea....but I would say try to take the main radio or bose fuse out and put it back in....it may reset the systems that way....just a thought may not work. Then you might have to take it apart...
Thanks for the ideas, I was able to get the CD out. I got back in the car after work, pressed CD and it says "CD all" and was just seeking I guess, I pressed the CD eject and it came out after like 5 secs. Looks fine, not warped or scatched. Now I don't know what to do before I try it again. I guess it needs to be cleaned, but why wont it eject one if its just dirty? If I put one in upsidedown it'd stay in there forever.

I don't get this. Its just a music CD, not a CDR or anything.

Jack
Old 06-14-2001, 11:56 AM

the bose systems are very reliable. if you have to get it repaired these guys seem good http://carstereohelp.com/
Old 06-14-2001, 12:25 PM

Originally posted by maxium nrg
the bose systems are very reliable. if you have to get it repaired these guys seem good http://carstereohelp.com/
Ok, thanks, I'll check em out.

Jack
Old 06-14-2001, 12:37 PM

I have to disagree, BOSE doesn't even make those decks, Clarion does and they are crap. Mine croaked at about 60k miles.
Old 06-14-2001, 11:03 PM

Mine did that

THe problem occurs whenever its really F_ _ _ _ _ _ HOT!! After it cools donw in the nice shade of the garage its all good and ejects with ease. BUt when i get outta school and its been sitting in the sun all day, it doesn't wanna work. ANd now that i have my tints...it worsk all the time. ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 06-15-2001, 06:07 AM

Re: Mine did that

Originally posted by MaximaMan
THe problem occurs whenever its really F_ _ _ _ _ _ HOT!! After it cools donw in the nice shade of the garage its all good and ejects with ease. BUt when i get outta school and its been sitting in the sun all day, it doesn't wanna work. ANd now that i have my tints...it worsk all the time. ahhhhhhhhhhhh
Ok, thanks for that tip, Maximaman! I guess I need to pick a CD I can listen to all summer long! Glad to know it gives it back when its cooler.

Jack