4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

So Im in a very heated debate right now

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 09:25 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nissan definately made it right.

Look at the craze for 240SX, 300ZX, 350Z, and let us not forget that we see a minimum of 4-5 of our beloved Maximas in every parking lot. They did it right for sure.
Old 03-30-2006, 04:43 AM

lol, i'm so glad my friends aren't like that. Plus my car looks too nice.....-= ) also i'm like the mechanic around all my friends and crap. They get so amazed that i can do most of the crap myself. Funny thing is, whenever they have an arugment about something, they call me up, and ask me to confirm, its funny cause its like whatever i say goes. its true..-= )

p.s. one bad thing is that they'll call you 3 in the morning saying they can't change their tire and you GOTTA come, you get there, "Retart, where's your wheel lock key", them "oh....i think i left it at home.", me "You idiot, why would you leave it at home, what the hell good is it doing there," You can only imagine how lil knowledge they have about cars, it kinda scares you.

P.S. Just ask him, if nissan can't make race cars, ask him about the 350z, g35, better yet, the skyline. And if he really knows anything about cars, you can basically make ANY car into a race car, just gotta have the money and knowledge to do it.

P.P.S You should get a meet together in texas, ask him to go somewhere in your car, and you drive to the meet, make him look at all the hooked up max's. Then lets see if he has the ***** to talk about the max's there. Maybe he'll be like the retart that puts a GTR emblem on his mustang like the black dude in one of the streetfire videos. -= )
Old 03-30-2006, 05:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

i am not sure where i saw this but isn't the motor in the maxima capable of handling like HP, i could be wrong but i am pretty sure i saw that somewhere and if thats true you can use that as an arguing point.....if you even want to waste your time with that
Old 03-30-2006, 05:09 AM
KH3 by popular demand

A few words for that clown "MardiGras Max, Nealoc, and I30tMikeD". Mike D same motor.
Go to streetfire.com there are some good vids there, though the z06 race you can't really tell, the track run vids are obvious, also Mike D's dyno runs. 300hp+ is pretty respectable if you ask me, but it won't mean much when you are arguing against a brickwall.
Old 03-30-2006, 06:38 AM
iAMIXAM!

you need to race him, with all this arguing, you need to get him to race you. i race an explorer before, he took off and left me by a car length for about 5-6 seconds but i beat by a car length.....
Old 03-30-2006, 07:06 AM
Project Ruby......

take him out one night to eat fast food or some **** argue at burger king tell him he's right that its just a maxima after all nothing special just gets the groceries. Knock his *** out get back in your car and leave him stranded.

Seems like the thing to do. I have friends that give me crap all the time. They only talk BS because well look at our cars. It's a family sedan nobody expects our car to be quick, which makes funnier when you stomp on the gas and romp on them. A guy in a '97 GS Eclipse with intake and exhaust asked if I had a turbo or something because I put about 4-5 cars on him. Anybody that does not have any decent car knowledge or respect other cars will always think a Maxima is slow.

I beat my buddies turbo Neon at 3 PSI of boost when he first got it. That was a hilarious day. I heard so much crap after that. "Dude I didn't know a Maxima was pretty fast." blah blah blah.

Biggest suggestion that you can do stop talking/hanging out with the ****.
Old 03-30-2006, 07:23 AM
tastey wheat

why not just race his stupid @ss?

Originally Posted by Disconnected
still be like "yeah, but its just a camaro, my explorer could take you both". ...

wtf? if he honestly thinks this, ask him for a quick run. ive slaughtered explorers without even pushing it.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:00 AM

good friend

If this guys is a good friend, ask him why he's acting like an ***? If you dont confront him on this point, he'll rag on you forever. If he still has a problem, well then roll his explorer on top of him.
Old 03-30-2006, 11:54 AM

people that dont know about my car, they dont make fun of it, but if they argue, i give them a ride and they shut up. that's all you gotta do, give him a ride, and if he is still stubborn, ill go over there and shut him up for you.!

haha
some guys, they are just way too stuborn but honestly, just tell him, that he is wrong, and just ignore him, he'll get more angry that way.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by ImmaSquashYou
--also i'm like the mechanic around all my friends and crap. They get so amazed that i can do most of the crap myself. Funny thing is, whenever they have an arugment about something, they call me up, and ask me to confirm, its funny cause its like whatever i say goes. -- (P.S.) Just ask him, if nissan can't make race cars, ask him about the 350z, g35, better yet, the skyline. -- and you drive to the meet, make him look at all the hooked up max's. Then lets see if he has the ***** to talk about the max's there.
a) Yeah, Im assumed the mechanic around my buddies, and hes usually respected my opinion until recently. No clue why though. Everybody asks for my confirmation on stuff, I feel ya there. ha.
b)I didnt bring up the skyline, but he said the 350z, G35, and the engines, were designed for only performance. I said excluding the engine, thats true, and gave him my vq30de:VS:vq35de arguement, which he promptly refused to beleive. he says thats just the engine name, and they have nothing to do with eachother..
c) I should totally do that, if any one from houston, or surrounding houston, is reading this and is down to help me with that, I would love to organize a little get together. Im also thinking Maxus would be a good place for him to visit...let see what he says about maximas when hundreds of them are all around him...haha.

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
A few words for that clown "MardiGras Max, Nealoc, and I30tMikeD". Mike D same motor. Go to streetfire.com there are some good vids there, though the z06 race you can't really tell, the track run vids are obvious, also Mike D's dyno runs. 300hp+ is pretty respectable if you ask me, but it won't mean much when you are arguing against a brickwall.
I already talked to Nealoc, but havent seen anything from the other two names, Ill be sure to check out that site, and indeed 300whp is very respectable.

That brick wall statement is so true.

Originally Posted by loverholic
you need to race him, with all this arguing, you need to get him to race you. i race an explorer before, he took off and left me by a car length for about 5-6 seconds but i beat by a car length.....
Ive tried numerous times to get him to race me like "if you talk so much, lets run down a street and see whos right?" and he wont ever do it. He wont even floor it if Im behind him or next to him or anything.
Ive raced explorers before and they never had an inch on me, the headlights just got smaller and smaller.

Originally Posted by 4DRSpeed
take him out one night to eat fast food or some **** argue at burger king tell him he's right that its just a maxima after all nothing special just gets the groceries. Knock his *** out get back in your car and leave him stranded. Seems like the thing to do. I have friends that give me crap all the time. They only talk BS because well look at our cars. It's a family sedan nobody expects our car to be quick, which makes funnier when you stomp on the gas and romp on them. A guy in a '97 GS Eclipse with intake and exhaust asked if I had a turbo or something because I put about 4-5 cars on him. Anybody that does not have any decent car knowledge or respect other cars will always think a Maxima is slow.

I beat my buddies turbo Neon at 3 PSI of boost when he first got it. That was a hilarious day. I heard so much crap after that. "Dude I didn't know a Maxima was pretty fast." blah blah blah.

Biggest suggestion that you can do stop talking/hanging out with the ****.
a)Im so down for that, haha
b)Yeah, I dont receive much respect over my max until I start beating people, then some commend me, some just keep quiet, its funny
c)Ive run an SRT-4 before too, lost by half a car length, I think he was runnin more than 3psi though.
d)Im trying to limit my interaction with him, but his freinds are my freinds, so it gets iffy sometimes. ya know?

Originally Posted by mendon99
wtf? if he honestly thinks this, ask him for a quick run. ive slaughtered explorers without even pushing it.
Like I said, hell never run me. Ever.

Originally Posted by renman
If this guys is a good friend, ask him why he's acting like an ***? If you dont confront him on this point, he'll rag on you forever. If he still has a problem, well then roll his explorer on top of him.
Yeah, I asked him why hes even argueing it with me because hes driven trucks all his life, he doesnt know anything other than domestic trucks, and I got "But I know enough about cars to know that your little Maxima v6 isnt a street racer, it was never meant to be and never will be." his words exactly.

Originally Posted by Maximus_95
people that dont know about my car, they dont make fun of it, but if they argue, i give them a ride and they shut up. that's all you gotta do, give him a ride, and if he is still stubborn, ill go over there and shut him up for you.!

haha
some guys, they are just way too stuborn but honestly, just tell him, that he is wrong, and just ignore him, he'll get more angry that way.
yeah, Ive given him a few rides in my car, and I guess me playing lane games at 120, or watching me smoke the never ending line of integras, civics, eclipses, and the occasional mustang/camaro(with no serious mods), It still somehow hasnt gotten through to him, that my car doesnt look fast, but it packs some power and can deliver it any time I want it to.
Yeah, please do come down here and shut him up, save me the trouble...haha

But yeah, some people really are that way, and maybe youre right, if I just tell him hes wrong and stop replying, hell get mad because he isnt getting feed back or any kind of rise.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by SMX95
our cars are slow,

190hp 205 tq some real scary numbers there.

Dont even bother, just tell him how come Ford, GM and chrysler are having money problems and are laying off a lot of workers huh? Ask him how come ford cant make a decent car which makes sense and that people like.

Gm ? should I keep on going. 3.3 billion dollar lawsuit... Enough said, let him buy another american car so at least it helps out this country of ours.
Could not have said it better myself. I was going to type this same reply.... then I saw this. You're a smart man!! All the American car makers are going right down the toilet, losing money hand over fist. More and more people are going Jap. With all this new technology now a days, the Americans still can't make a car that will last and I mean in EVERY way. I do like being an American, don't get me wrong, just I won't touch an American car with a 10 foot pole.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Project Ruby......

Originally Posted by Disconnected

c)Ive run an SRT-4 before too, lost by half a car length, I think he was runnin more than 3psi though.
Oh it wasn't a SRT-4. It was a '95 Neon with a turbo kit on it. He is now pushin I believe 12 PSI with an intercooler, new manifold and everything. That car can slaughter me and quite a few other cars now lol.