4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) Visit the 4th Generation forum to ask specific questions or find out more about the 4th Generation Maxima.

Attn: S/C owners....Install Question?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 04:28 AM

Hey,

I was talking to the person I am buying my S/C from, who had it installed for around 650, and she said that the engine needs to come out of the vehicle. Is that true? She also said that a competant shop needed two days to do this install. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm in the Albany, NY area and if any of you guys are close and want to come help me out, it would be great.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:24 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Screaminfast
Hey,

I was talking to the person I am buying my S/C from, who had it installed for around 650, and she said that the engine needs to come out of the vehicle. Is that true? She also said that a competant shop needed two days to do this install. Any help you guys can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I'm in the Albany, NY area and if any of you guys are close and want to come help me out, it would be great.

Thanks.
I know emax95 had an SC and he didn't have to take his engine out.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:33 AM

Not true.... The engine stays in the car

during the install. The length of install and price is on par.
Old 06-14-2001, 05:43 AM

Take the engine out?

That is ludicrous, it wouldn't be a bolt on if you had to disembowel the car like that. What was this person thinking? If you need and you come get me I will help you
Old 06-14-2001, 06:44 AM

Heheh...cool...I didn't think the engine had to be taken out. Thanks for the offer Delio. I'll let ya know.

Steve-
I was looking at some pictures of your Intercooler, and it looked like it is facing down. Is that right? Also, I was thinking about getting a spearco front mount intercooler(Definitely with Spearco stenciled on it..hehe). Any suggestions?
Old 06-14-2001, 09:39 AM

I've been readin over the installation instructions for the Supercharger, and it looks really hard. I think I can do it. Does anyone have suggestions, or an idea of how long it will take me?

Please help....I dont want to spend 600 to have it put on.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2001, 10:16 AM
BlkCat

Originally posted by Screaminfast
I've been readin over the installation instructions for the Supercharger, and it looks really hard.
Thanks.
Someone posted a thread a few months back about his experience installing the SC. Sorry but I can't remember who it was. The jist of it is that if you are very mechanically skilled then you can do it. I think it took him like a day and a half to complete.

Old 06-14-2001, 10:23 AM

Heck no! The engine stays put, LOL! That's a fair price for the install. If the shop is smart, they will need two days for the install. About eight hours for the actual install and the rest of the time to test drive, check for leaks, or other problems.

It is impossible for us to predict how long the job will take If you want to do it yourself. It really depends on your experience and comfort level with tearing apart the engine bay. Having said that, I would budget a full weekend from 5pm Friday night to the wee hours of Monday morning.

Jim
Old 06-14-2001, 11:06 AM

Originally posted by Vandanno
Someone posted a thread a few months back about his experience installing the SC. Sorry but I can't remember who it was. The jist of it is that if you are very mechanically skilled then you can do it. I think it took him like a day and a half to complete.
You may be referring to Emax95. Go to http://forums.maxima.org/showthread....threadid=26156
Old 06-14-2001, 11:11 AM
Rit

When do you plan to do it?

I live in Schenectady. It could be fun to watch/help.
Old 06-14-2001, 11:49 AM

Re: When do you plan to do it?

Originally posted by Rit
I live in Schenectady. It could be fun to watch/help.
Aight thats cool. I'm gonna try to convince Neel (StillnMax) and Delio to come up here to help me out too. Send me an Email @ screaminfast@hotmail.com, so that I can get in touch with you when I do it. I'm not exactly sure when I can do it because I have to do birthdays, and other garbage like that...

-Mike
Old 06-15-2001, 04:42 AM

I'm gonna try and take lots of pics...and maybe put together a non-Sillen install sheet. Which might be much easier to follow, hehe.

Still lookin for anyone who wants to come and help....I have room for peeps to stay in my apt, if you need.

Cheston, I'm counting on you to be here...lol...j/k